a guest Nov 21st, 2019 103 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- "Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others." -- Socrates
- "False words are not only evil in themselves but they infect the soul with evil." -- Plato
- "For the great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." -- Niccolo Machiavelli
- "If people can't control their own emotions, then they have to start trying to control other people's behavior." -- John Cleese
- "I know you won't believe me, but the highest form of Human Excellence is to question oneself and others." -- Socrates
- "It's always the ones with the dirty hands pointing the fingers." -- anon
- "It's not cool to be smart." -- anon
- "Laws control the lesser man... Right conduct controls the greater one." -- Mark Twain
- "Most people will do almost anything you ask them to and almost nothing that you tell them to." -- Stefan Molyneux
- "Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle." -- Thomas Jefferson
- "Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing." -- Oscar Wilde
- "Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." -- Richard Feynman
- "Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men." -- Plato
- "Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen."
- -- Friedrich Nietzsche
- "Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." -- Richard Feynman
- "The line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either - but right through every human heart. This line shifts. .. " -- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
- "The most powerful form of lie is the omission .." -- George Orwell
- "There are no solutions, there are only trade-offs."
- -- Thomas Sowell
- "Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C. S. Lewis
- "To assent to obvious lies is ... in some small way to become evil oneself. .. A society of emasculated liars is easy to control." -- Theodore Dalrymple
- "To suppose that any form of government will secure liberty or happiness without any virtue in the people, is a chimerical idea."
- -- James Madison
- "Victor Frankl .. drew a similar .. conclusion: deceitful, inauthentic individual existence is the precursor to social totalitarianism." -- Jordan Peterson
- "We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." -- Mark Twain
- "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -- Aristotle
- "'What would you call the highest happiness?' Wratislaw was asked. 'The sense of competence,' was the answer, given without hesitation." -- John Buchan
- "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers." -- Socrates
- "Where they burn books, at the end they also burn people." -- Heinrich Heine
- "A decline of public morals in the United States will probably be marked by the abuse of the power of impeachment as a means of crushing political adversaries or ejecting them from office."
- -- Alexis de Tocqueville (1835)
- "All socialism involves slavery." -- Herbert Spencer
- 'As good as you are, and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are as bad as I am.' -- Scottish toast
- "Defectives demand our obedience to their obsessions." -- anon
- 'Experiment is the only means of knowledge at our disposal. Everything else is poetry, imagination.' -- Max Planck
- "Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule."
- -- Friedrich Nietzsche
- "Socialism has been described as a method of loving humanity so that you can be indifferent to your actual neighbor." -- Richard Fernandez
- " .. Solzhenitsyn remarks that Shakespeare’s evildoers, Macbeth notably .. , stop short at a mere dozen corpses because they have no ideology." -- Theodore Dalrymple
- 'The real problem of humanity is the following: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and god-like technology. And it is terrifically dangerous .. ' -- E.O. Wilson
RAW Paste Data