a guest Feb 19th, 2019 99 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- My phone: +5215526623198 (whatsapp, telegram, signal)
- - Airport: Uber. Never take cabs in the street.
- - At public places: keep an eye on your stuff all the time. Many non-violent pick-pocketers.
- - Subway: very efficient (no schedule though) at no-rush hours (after 10 am/ 4 pm). - / You can buy a ticket for 5 pesos (less than a dollar), and that same ticket takes you anywhere. Metrobus: you need a card that you can get in most stations.
- - Always carry cash.
- - Tips= 10-15% expected, but it can be more
- - No burritos in Mexico City :(
- - In the unlikely case that you get mugged (it's a very big and crowded city after all), just give them your stuff. Don't try to fight or negotiate.
- The hipster/trendy areas: Condesa, Roma, Zona Rosa
- Posh: Polanco
- Most cultural: Centro
- Chill/hippie: Coyoacan (Frida Kahlo's house is here)
- Bosforo - mezcal & traditional coctails (Centro)
- Mezcalero- mezcal & local craft brews (Coyoacan)
- Xaman- mexican inspired drinks (Zona Rosa)
- La Lavanderia- mezcal (Roma)
- Covadonga - old school, classic Cantina. Old men and hipster people converge here. There's also food. (Roma)
- King Cole Bar (inside St. Regis hotel) (Centro)
- Fonda Mayora
- El Cardenal
- Saks (veggie options)
- Lunch / Dinner
- Casa de Toño (cheap, traditional street food in a safe, clean space lol)- some locations are 24/7
- El Cardenal (Mexican)
- Limosneros (Mexican)
- Los Danzantes (Mexican)
- Zanaya (International / Mexican)
- Try to get reservations (Dinner/late lunch)
- Mexicans eat lunch very late, around 2-3 pm, although most restaurants should be open around 1.
- - Maximus Bistro (Daily menus)
- - Pujol (One of the best in the world)
- - Dulce Patria
- - Porfirios
- - Astrid & Gastón (Peruvian)
- El Moro (churros)
- La Michoacana (ice cream, popsicles)
- Templo Mayor
- Antropology Museum
- Pyramids (1.5 hour car ride)
RAW Paste Data