- How to use lastest librtmp with openELEC
- This came to me all of a sudden and now I feel stupid lol.
- SSH to your RPi in windows use putty in host field type ipaddressofrpi the password is openelec.
- 1. First make a folder for library's we want to supersede openELEC's default path:
- mkdir /storage/lib
- 2. Then create a new file called .profile in /storage
- nano /storage/.profile
- 3. Now paste or type this into the new file:
- export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/storage/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
- 4. Save the file with CTRL+o press enter to say yes, then exit nano with CTRL+x
- 5. Download the lastest librtmp.so.0 from http://www.mediafire.com/?x4cvp5hl4m9xr
- (librtmp - Always with KSV's latest patch(es) such as redirects) (RedPenguin's "Repo")
- Updated often if you have trouble.
- 6. Copy the file to /storage/lib using either winscp or samba \\openelec place it in downloads then use XBMC file manager to move it to /storage/lib/
- 7. Execute these two commands in SSH:
- chmod 755 /storage/lib/librtmp.so.0
- ln -s /storage/lib/librtmp.so.0 /storage/lib/librtmp.so
- 8. Reboot openELEC.
- ALWAYS EXECUTE THE COMMANDS EXACTLY AS THEY APPEAR IN THE "code:" BOXES!
- To test if /storage/lib supersedes /usr/lib and /lib execute this command in SSH:
- echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
- The very first you see in this long string should be: /storage/lib
- You can also use this to "replace" other updated libs. But always remember if something acts up weird that you are using the library's in /storage/lib before the ones that came with openELEC.
- To disable /storage/libs from being used rename /storage/.profile
- mv /storage/.profile /storage/profile.bak
- To enable it again rename it back again:
- mv /storage/.profile.bak /storage/.profile
- Remember to reboot between either disable or enable.
a guest Aug 7th, 2013 2,327 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data