a guest Nov 19th, 2018 84 Never
- Don't get me wrong, I love discord. I love what they do and how they work. This isn't a hate directly on the program itself, more the Trust & Safety team.
- So, I'm a Minecraft Server Manager who contacts most server owners and I run my communities via Discord. It's an amazing way to interact with my players. However, when it comes to business I need a reliable messenger, which discord has been for the last two years after switching from Skype.
- On Friday my account got disabled, they sent me this message via email:
- Straight away, I was shocked, I had a small idea on why I could've been disabled and thats because one of my community members invited me to a discord, where I spoke (Presumably in an attempt to get me banned) before hundreds of stolen accounts flooded the server. I left and intended to report it.
- I sent this message to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Dear Discord Staff,
- My name is Fawks (Discord tag: Fawks#0001) and I am a Minecraft Server Owner and Manager who runs multiple communities on discord.
- Unfortunately, a few days ago my account was disabled for "Violation of TOS/Community Guidelines" for "participating in a server dedicated to the spam and abuse of discord". This obviously comes as a huge shock and problem, as I have an extensive history with Discord (been using your services for over two years, nitro subscriber for close to a year, applied for the original Hypesquad system where I dedicated a solid two hours writing an application) I assumed this was some sort of mistake, however, when I wrote a support ticket it is yet to be responded to after three days.
- I believe the reason why I got disabled is because I joined a server from one of my community members who already has a bad history with Doxing, DDOSing and other illegal activities on your platform from what I could gather (He has been banned multiple times, but I did not realise who it was until I joined the discord and a call with him). I found that this was a stupid mistake and I should not have joined the server. As I've had exams this week I have not found the time to report the server or user as I had planned, which I assume is why my account was flagged.
- I appreciate that you guys are busy making everyone happy (I love what you guys are doing by the way, you do amazing work) however as I can't login to my account,some of my work partners have no other contact with me and I am unable to continue developing my minecraft communities as I have been for the past couple of years, which has actually caused one of my communities to die completely (Go from around 40 members a day, to 0 members and a large amount of people leave the discord).
- I'd appreciate it if this is responded to quickly, as members of my communities are getting alarmed now I've been offline for over three days straight.
- Kindest Regards,
- This pretty much outlined my situation. I sent this off and recieved a response earlier today which said:
- As normal, a copied and pasted message. I doubt they even looked over my situation at all. My largest problem isn't that my discord was disabled, as I know hundreds of people get false disabled weekly, but the fact I now have friends which I knew personally who moved away that I can no longer contact.
- Since then, I've responded asking for an explanation or a supervisor to further assist me, but they seem to be ignoring the email or something. Any suggestions on what I should do? I really need this account back as I had some friends who I cannot contact in any other way, or remember their tags on that account.
RAW Paste Data