- BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 3/12/2015 Thursday 22:10
- GENERAL: Situation in Idomeni critical during the day, better in the evening. Ferry strike in Greece today.
- - Archive of the updates: http://pastebin.com/u/michalberg
- - LESVOS and other islands: 3-4000 poeple come daily to Greek islands. Volunteering and donation info: http://bit.ly/lesvolunteer
- - IDOMENI: Very tense, chaotic and dangerous today, NGO left in the morning, clashes with police and among refugees, border blocked for almost 24 hrs. Situation calm but tense in the evening, border opens and closes hour to hour, but thousands on site, cold night ahead for them. Barbed wire fence is been prolonged. Better organisation needed for clothes distribution as tensions are high. Needed: - strong tents, blankets, sleeping bags, men's shoes. If you want to volunteer, please contact email@example.com or Lea Wilmsen (FB - Lea Wlmsn) or +30 698 8569404, firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend ONLY EXPERIENCED volunteers to come, situation volatile and dangerous at times. Volunteers can use hotels in Polikastro (17km) or sleep in a tent.
- - GEVGELIJA: empty today because of closed Macedonia border. Enough food and clothes ready for new refugees that came in the evening. If you can help with donations, write to email@example.com
- - MIRATOVAC: UVP and Humedica has got volunteers on site. Miratovac expected to be bypassed by train in the next days, exact date not certain. Xhelal´s team has left the place today and is applying for the licence to work inside the Presevo camp from 10th December - Xhelal Hasani Tel. +381 633 74 034, firstname.lastname@example.org
- - PREŠEVO: Almost empty today. No need for volunteers at this moment. More people expected during tomorrow, if Macedonia stays open. Volunteers are still lacking money for purchasing food, SHOES needed. If you can donate, please contact United Volunteers of Preševo, Tel. +381 62 1499 561.
- - DIMITROVGRAD: Hundreds of refugees daily, very cold. WINTER SHOES/SOCKS/BLANKETS needed. Hot meals are provided, but local team still asks for socks, gloves, scarves, caps and blankets. Czech team will be sending group of cca 10 volunteers this weekend, if you can come earlier, please contact Tarek: +381 62 895 45 77
- - BEOGRAD: Refugees can go to the Asylum Center at Krnjača, where they have access to hot meals, showers and a place to rest. Asylum Protection Center - provides legal, psychosocial and psychological support to refugees. Only long-term volunteers required. Based in Belgrade as well as Sid and they also have two offices in Presevo. Contact: Rados Djurovic +381 63 704-7080, email@example.com. Clothing, hot tea, soup and toiletry distribution for folks stranded in Belgrade continues at Miksaliste - Refugee Aid Serbia's aid collection and distribution point at Mostarska 5 is almost out of food. Needed are: sardine tins, tuna tinsa, Paper cups for hot tea, biscuits, crackers and new socks. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! Please use Volunteer sport http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4179297180119 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- - ŠID/ADAŠEVCI: Czech volunteer team helps in Adaševci in two shifts (16-24h, 0-8h), we provide information, hand out water and some basic clothes. Situation is calm and steady. Shoes, socks, scarfs, hats, large plastic garbage bags and tapes welcomed. No volunteers needed, Czech team handles this internally.
- - SLAVONSKI BROD: 3200 people entered Croatia today, Slavonski Brod is empty at the moment. What is needed here: shoes & socks (39-44), especially men's, incontinence pads, wheelchairs, baby carriages, baby carriers, caps, shawlf, gloves + some jackets. Volunteers registration for December has been closed. Contact Maja Znika: email@example.com or +385-99-5021-926.
- - DOBOVA: Hundreds in the camp during the day. Red Cross on site, Slovak medical team started to work - Katarina Zollerova can be contacted via FB (https://www.facebook.com/katarina.zollerova). Shoes needed.
- - ŠENTILJ: Yesterday 3000 people came to Slovenia, 2 600 left, another 1 500 people left Slovenia today by noon, camp empty, situation calm. Šentilj is run by Civil protection and police, with Red Cross on site.
- - SPIELFELD: Military is preparing warm meals for the refugees, but only from 6PM to 10PM every day. No volunteers needed/allowed.
- OTHER NEWS
- - SUPPLIES IN SZEGED: Warehouse of MigSzol Szeged is still full of food, non-food and hygiene goods. You can pick up anything when travelling to Serbia/Macedonia and elswehere. Contact coordinators Szalai Balázs +36 20 229 6669 or Szőke - Tóth Ágnes +36 304 27 34 60.
- - Large amounts of supplies could be picked up also in Zagreb, please call Lejla +385 91 456 77 05 if you are able to bring any supplies from Zagreb to any of the borders.
- - and don't forget to act: http://www.europeact.eu
BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 3/12/2015 Thursday 22:10
michalberg Dec 3rd, 2015 (edited) 573 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data