- All of the following are counterproductive and damage ourselves ONLY:
- No objectives, no goals, no demands, no philosophies, no lists.
- - It screws up the framing of the issue by forcing us to focus on specific issues.
- - The corrupt journos will adhere to the letter of the list and not the spirit. They will find a way to weasel around them.
- - The second nobody is looking, they'll go back to being dishonest.
- - This idea was put forth by a well-meaning PR person, not someone experienced in consumer activity. PR is the journo's game. Not ours.
- - It divides us into the goals we each specifically want and we don't all want the same things. What appeases you will not appease another etc.
- - Demands are things that terrorists make. We are a consumer revolt. We are not violent. We are not underhanded. We are not a political movement.
- - Philosophies are for philosophers, not consumer revolts. We don't need philosophy to obtain the moral high ground, the opposition has already given it to us. We have no benefit in philosophies.
- - Goals are for games, not a consumer revolt.
- - Objectives are for military operations, not a consumer revolt.
- - Lists are for nerds.
- - It is true that it may increase our numbers (in an absolute sense, but we're still divided over the goals) because people have specific things to champion. However, this will bring us fence-sitters and those of weak will and not people that will do the work of writing emails and investigation of corruption. If they aren't invested on the merits, they aren't invested and thus are not helpful.
- - We do not need clear end points. If people are discouraged by a perceived lack of progress, take a break. This is an extended and long-term approach and you must take breaks. If you need specific goals for yourself, participate 2 or 3 days a week. Phrase it in those terms. Creating goals is not necessary.
- - It does not help people get into this. What does help people get into this is a more coherent and concise set of facts that they can evaluate and come to their own conclusions.
- - Numbers are not an argument. Facts create numbers. Numbers don't necessarily create facts.
- - Phrasing these goals incorrectly will put them as lines in the sand. We cannot change them once they're satisfied. We cannot move goalposts like they do.
- No narrative changing.
- - As we are a consumer revolt and not a political movement, we do not need a narrative.
- - Narratives are for PR. PR is the journo's game. Not ours.
- - We let the opposition change the narrative for themselves as they've done time and again for the last month.
- - We will go as far politically as we must (as we've been forced to do so far), but have no inherent desire to do so.
- - If a person is energized by narrative, they are in the wrong place. Narratives change and we would lose them when it changes anyway. Additionally, it's unlikely that people that aren't participating on the merits will do the requisite work involved.
- - We are about facts, logic, and reason. A narrative is a way of spinning these. We have no spin. Only truth.
- - We are actually inclusive and this has been demonstrated already. There is no need to push this or any message.
- No leaders.
- - This is a 100% shill idea put forward by the opposition to make it easy to play the identity game. This is their bread and butter and they will co-opt or ruin anything that they can get their hands on.
- - We've lasted for a month and counting with no real dictators. We should continue this trend.
- - There are currently no weak points to attack.
- - As attacks against individuals intensify (people have lost jobs, been sent mafia-esque messages in the mail, and have been severely harassed for being involved), it's clear that giving them heads that are more important than others is a bad idea.
- - Even discussing who you would pick implies some kind of extra importance. We do not want this. We're all in this together.
a guest Sep 23rd, 2014 8,647 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data
Pastebin PRO Summer Special!
Get 40% OFF on Pastebin PRO accounts!
Get 40% OFF on Pastebin PRO accounts!