- BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 30/11/2015 Monday 23:50
- GENERAL: Much lower number of people have come to Greek islands today. This was probably caused by new approach of Turkey to smugglers and migrants - several smugglers and hundreds of refugees have been stopped and detained today near the Turkish coast. EU-Turkey in Brussels signed a deal yesterday about influx of refugees. Turkey agreed to fight the smugglers on the shore. Balkan route is expected to be empty quite soon - including the islands in Greece.
- - Ferry strike announced for Thursday 3/12 in Greece.
- - Archive of the updates: http://pastebin.com/u/michalberg
- - LESVOS and other islands: Probably just few hundreds refugees arrived to Greek islands today. Volunteering and donation info: http://bit.ly/lesvolunteer
- - IDOMENI: 3 km barbed wire fence completed today and planned to be expanded to 25 km. People that try to walk around the fence are caught by the Macedonian army are directly deported back to Greece. Only Syrians, Afghans and Iraqis are allowed to enter Macedonia, more than 2500 refugees from other countries are stuck at the border, but situation generally calm today. UNHCR and other NGOs on site trying to help - UNHCR has got accommmodation capacity in the tents for 2500 people but people from other countries stay outside of the camp. Needed: - strong tents, blankets, sleeping bags, men's shoes. If you want to volunteer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org - we recommend ONLY EXPERIENCED volunteers to come, situation volatile and dangerous at times, no coordinated help on site.
- - GEVGELIJA: Around 2 000 ppl came today, situation calm. Local activists are constantly asking for donation of crutches and wheelchairs for the refugees who are disabled and/or injured. If you can help with donations, write to email@example.com
- - MIRATOVAC: Ongoing problems with local taxi mafia. Miratovac expected to be bypassed by train this week, exact date not certain. Shoes and rain gear would be appreciated though it stopped raining today. Xhelal´s team has left the place today, will be monitoring the situation in the next days - Xhelal Hasani Tel. +381 633 74 034, firstname.lastname@example.org
- - PREŠEVO: Steady flow of refugees. Very cold weather, max temperatures few degrees above zero. No need for volunteers at this moment. Waiting time for registration max 1.5 hours, people can wait in tents and then in trains. Volunteers are still lacking money for purchasing food, SHOES needed. If you can donate, please contact United Volunteers of Preševo, Tel. +381 62 1499 561.
- - DIMITROVGRAD: Hundreds of refugees daily, very cold. WINTER SHOES/SOCKS/BLANKETS needed. Hot meals are provided, but local team still asks for socks, gloves, scarves, caps and blankets. VVOLUNTEERS NEEDED ASAP, please contact Tarek: +381 62 895 45 77
- - BEOGRAD: Refugees can go to the Asylum Center at Krnjača, where they have access to hot meals, showers and a place to rest. Asylum Protection Center - provides legal, psychosocial and psychological support to refugees. Only long-term volunteers required. Based in Belgrade as well as Sid and they also have two offices in Presevo. Contact: Rados Djurovic +381 63 704-7080, email@example.com. Clothing, hot tea, soup and toiletry distribution for folks stranded in Belgrade continues at Miksaliste - Refugee Aid Serbia's aid collection and distribution point at Mostarska 5 is almost out of food. Needed are: sardine tins, tuna tinsa, Paper cups for hot tea, biscuits, crackers and new socks. To help there, please use Volunteer sport http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4179297180119 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- - ŠID/ADAŠEVCI: Czech volunteer team helps in Adaševci in two shifts (16-24h, 0-8h), we give information, hand out water and some basic clothes too. Situation is calm and steady. Socks, scarfs, large plastic bags and tapes welcomed, no volunteers needed, Czech team handles this internally.
- - SLAVONSKI BROD: 4 100 people entered Croatia today, Slavonski Brod has around 700 ppl in the evening. What is needed here: shoes & socks (39-44), especially men's, incontinence pads, wheelchairs, baby carriages, baby carriers, caps, shawlf, gloves + some jackets. Volunteers not needed at the moment - generally accreditation required - contact Maja Znika on FB or number below at least 48 hrs before you come. Contact: +385-99-5021-926. Refugees spend only short time in the camp.
- - DOBOVA: Around 1 400 people came today by noon, 400 in the camp at that time. Red Cross on site, hungarian team of doctors left today, will be replaced by Slovak team tomorrow - Katarina Zollerova can be contacted via FB (https://www.facebook.com/katarina.zollerova). Shoes needed.
- - ŠENTILJ: 2 100 people left Slovenia today, camp empty, situation calm. Šentilj is run by Civil protection and police, with Red Cross on site.
- - SPIELFELD: From now on, military crew will be preparing warm meals for the refugees, but only from 6PM to 10PM every day. No volunteers needed.
- OTHER NEWS
- - bad conditions of refugees reported on the shore of Turkey.
- - Please note, that almost all volunteers spots requires a REGISTRATION OF VOLUNTEERS (usually 48 hours in advance) now and so we strongly suggest to contact local coordinator or contact person in advance to comply with these requirements and to avoid being turned away on the site.
- - SUPPLIES IN SZEGED: Warehouse of MigSzol Szeged is still full of food, non-food and hygiene goods. You can pick up anything when travelling to Serbia/Macedonia and elswehere. Contact coordinators Szalai Balázs +36 20 229 6669 or Szőke - Tóth Ágnes +36 304 27 34 60.
- - Large amounts of supplies could be picked up also in Zagreb, please call Lejla +385 91 456 77 05 if you are able to bring any supplies from Zagreb to any of the borders.
- - and don't forget to act: http://www.europeact.eu
BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 30/11/2015 Monday 23:50
michalberg Nov 30th, 2015 1,379 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data