- SOPA/PIPA - INFORMATIVE MATERIAL
- H.R.3261 SOPA --> US House of Representatives
- S.968 PIPA --> US Senate
- ## VIDEO
- * SOPA/PIPA on MSNBC, UP with Chris Hayes
- * SOPA/PIPA on RT
- * SOPA/PIPA on Attack of the Show
- ## READING MATERIAL
- * A technical examination of SOPA and PROTECT IP
- * How PIPA and SOPA Violate White House Principles Supporting Free Speech and Innovation
- * How SOPA Will Be (Ab)Used
- ## KEY POINTS (I OPPOSE THIS LEGISLATION BECAUSE....)
- * removal of safe harbor
- -guilt presumed of host, action taken without due process
- -any site allowing visitor comments is open to sabotage
- -abuse on this point alone can be used for net censorship (political, commercial)
- EXAMPLE > a random visitor or competitor under a masked IP posts a torrent
- or link to infringing material in a comments section. This
- individual or group reports the same link to US authorities.
- The site is removed from the internet without due process allowing
- the host to remove the infringing material.
- * dns blacklisting
- -entire domains could be blocked, even if a violation occurs on a subdomain
- -NETSEC > blacklisting will encourage de-centralized dns and fast migration
- away from .com, .net, .org top level domains (TLD) under ICANN control.
- TRANSLATION: The us will lose control of dns.
- * payment processing blacklisting
- -due to presumption of guilt without due process, financial resources are cut-off
- automatically by payment processors, which could easily bankrupt start-ups and small
- businesses which fully rely on e-commerce to survive.
- * criminalization of the proletariat (proles)
- -increased costs on the justice system
- -americans lose their voting rights
- -copyright infringement moves from a civil tort to felony conviction for most internet
- users. Government expands to police the internet. The war on copyright will result in
- an increasing number of the American public burdening an over-populated prison system
- that only benefits the private prison industry.
- ## PRIOR ABUSES (DMCA)
- * "Over 30% of DMCA takedown notices have been deemed improper and potentially illegal."
- -FULL REPORT
a guest Jan 18th, 2012 254 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data