- Akibaranger E04 TL Notes
- ***Original Over-Time TL Notes are denoted with a dash (-). Additional notes/changes by OZC-Live are denoted with a tilde (~)***
- - (01:31) Local Heroes are fighters based on tokusatsu superheroes, who are themed around a certain city or prefecture's mythologies and culture, or on a subject in particular. Famous examples include Ryuujin Mabuyer, defender of Okinawa, which has spawned three series and a movie of recent production; Norton Fighter, a hero created by Norton in 2009 to promote their antivirus brand in Japan; and the titular Astro Fighter Sunred (Tentai Senshi Sunred), who's the fictional local hero of Kawasaki, Kanagawa prefecture.
- - (02:00): Hakase's pose is probably parodying Peko-chan's, the mascot of Fujiya Co. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fujiya_Co.
- - (04:21): Full sign, untypeset because fuck gradients:
- To celebrate the anniversary of the original publication, Azuma Yatsude Will Be Present to Sign The Limited Edition "Dream Colored Prince" Anniversary Edition
- (Big Letters) Azuma Yatsude Signing In This Building
- - The yaoi author featured is actually a famous yaoi author of the 90s, Shito Reisa. The cover shown in this episode is an original work drawn by her for this year's April Fools. http://www.reisa.jp/seigi2/kichiku.htm
- - At some point in the episode Akagi mimics GekiViolet's trademark move, down to the bump to the head and everything.
- - The term "riajuu" (リア充) (translated as "normal people" in the script) is featured twice on this episode. It's internet slang that refers to the total opposite of an otaku (people who have normal relationships, jobs and are normal members of society). The best equivalent in english internet slang would be 'normalfag'.
- - The cosplay Yumeria dons for the second half of the episode is that of Mele, the loyal zombie servant of her beloved Black Lion Rio, the main antagonist in Gekiranger. As a true cosplayer, Yumeria adopts Mele's fighting style during the battle against the MOTW.
- - This week's monster is called Monzen-Nakacho Hashibiroko:
- Monzen-Nakacho: a small district in Koto, one of the wards of Tokyo. It's well know for its shrine and temple dedicated to Hachiman, the Shinto god of war. http://tokyo-tokyo.com/Monzen-nakacho.htm
- Hashibiroko: Shoebill, scientific name Balaeniceps rex, a species native to Africa.
- - On a particular scene, Monzen-Nakacho Shoebill attacks the otaku surrounding Mele. The attack uses the kanji for "impurities"; when it hits, you can see several characters coming out of the otaku, representing each of their impurities being expelled from their bodies. Quoting an anon on /m/:
- 鉄道 trains (FYI train ota are some of the most annoying, obnoxious, infamous ota around, sometimes causing trains to be delayed because they get onto the tracks to take better pictures and so on)
- エロ ero/porn
- 撮影会 Photo sessions (in ota context, of layers)
- 二次元 2D
- ミリタリー military
- フィギュア figure
- アニメ anime
- ロリ loli
- 萌 moe
- 妹 imouto
- アイドル idol
- (thanks to the anon on /m/ who collected these)
- - On Akagi's rolecall: Ley Nefel is a female villain from Flashman. http://i54.tinypic.com/n18q5d.png
- ~ Changed Ley Nefel to Leh Näfel based on official subs.
- - Akagi mentions Naruhisa Arakawa, head writer of Akibaranger and other tokusatsu shows. The plotline he's talking about is a typical thing he does on shows he writes in.
Akibaranger E04 TL Notes
OZC-Live Jul 7th, 2015 40 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data