Dude x His Boss A
Bigwood Jul 3rd, 2016 84 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- [00:58:38] <Giantree> ok
- [00:58:43] <Giantree> so you're doing ninja shit
- [00:59:02] <Giantree> ...........................
- [00:59:10] <Giantree> actually i need to set up what happened after last session
- [00:59:13] <Giantree> come to think of it
- [00:59:16] <Nagare_Shinobu> i mean
- [00:59:22] <Giantree> because there was a point to that besides 'dungeon romp'
- [00:59:42] <Nagare_Shinobu> there only was like ten guys outta- yeah a sekrit lab is p more than that
- [00:59:44] <Giantree> So what ACTUALLY happened was you cleared out all the monsters and used it as a temporary base - it being 'the dungeon.'
- [01:00:13] <Giantree> Which was considered to be a very bad idea, but it's really cold outside and eventually most of the group decided the air conditioning down there was pretty nice.
- [01:00:33] <Giantree> So, what you're doing is literally approaching a scientist inside a science lab. Use that to better flavor whatever the hell you're gonna do.
- [01:00:52] <Giantree> ... but i'll let you start while i cuddle my pillow and force myself to stay awake
- [01:03:21] <Nagare_Shinobu> Shinobu, being Shinobu, runs from one spot of cover to another (Fuuma Shuriken off, of course. Can't really sneak while using that, even with Shade!), until he got close to the scientist working in her lab. He then proceeds to attempt pulling a Vena, popping out from behind a table or whatever. "Hey there, chief. Engrossed in whatever weird shit is here?"
- [01:06:05] <Giantree> The scientist doesn't flinch or even look in your direction, just casually continuing to observe the canisters that zombies pop out of. "Yeah. We knew it existed but its location was a big question mark, so I don't know what kind of coincidence makes somebody who just ~happens~ to be investigating it stumble out of fuckin' nowhere. We're probably going to be ambushed and outnumbered any second now. Pretty warm down here though."
- [01:06:29] <Giantree> "But not warm enough; go get my coffee. It's over there on that little table-thing. The one to your left." Still not looking.
- [01:09:00] <Nagare_Shinobu> "Hey, right now, we need to get prepared for battle. Staying out in the open cold isn't such a great idea for that," The ninja nabs the coffee while talking! "So, what's your plans after all this, chief?" Casually wait for her to look up or make a motion to take it.
- [01:12:01] <Giantree> Yeah, she just kinda reaches to the side without looking at it, used to the whole ninja 'always do everything perfectly' thing. "I don't wanna think about it, because if it ALL ends I'll be out of a job. And you'll be out of a job too. Actually, it's better for everyone if the war and all goes on forever- 'cept the ones that die, but it's not like they actually have anything to worry about once they've gone that far. Because they're dead."
- [01:12:40] <Giantree> "Unless they come back as zombies, but that's a whole different ballpark. Researchers STILL don't know if the undead can think. And as one of those researchers, I really don't care. Not like we can use 'em for manual labor or anything, they're too dumb."
- [01:14:36] <DevaliousL> jones steyr support when
- [01:15:16] <Giantree> ok sure they get married
- [01:17:38] <DevaliousL> pls no
- [01:18:20] <Nagare_Shinobu> "... Yeah, I never saw you as the sort of person to settle down and have a family, or something," The war, though... "But this war has to end someday. We can't let this keep on going. We have to put a stop to the big R. Otherwise... why fight? Aren't we fighting to make sure this doesn't happen again?"
- [01:23:09] <Giantree> "Pretty idealistic of you, really." A shrug. "We're fighting 'cause we exist. Like, if we had permanent peace, what would anyone even get out of it? We'd probably overpopulate and flood the planet so much that there wouldn't be enough space for our race on the continents. Hell, that's just us- factoring dragons into the mix too, genocide starts to sound a hell of a lot more appealing. So really, he did nothing wrong, but it's still our mess to clean up way in the future."
- [01:24:30] <Giantree> "You should be thinking of yourself, kid. If there's no reason for the Underground to exist and nothing for you or your family to serve anymore, you're gonna have a weirdass resumé and be in for one hell of a job-search. But I guess I'd be okay with a personal butler..."
- [01:27:46] <DevaliousL> >personal butler
- [01:27:48] <DevaliousL> I just got an idea
- [01:28:00] <Giantree> oh no
- [01:28:02] <Nagare_Shinobu> oh fuck not again
- [01:28:16] <Nagare_Shinobu> please say this does not pertain to eo
- [01:28:50] <DevaliousL> nope
- [01:29:06] <DevaliousL> We already have a character with two personal servants
- [01:29:09] <DevaliousL> (3 if you count luke)
- [01:29:22] <Nagare_Shinobu> I definitely count Luke in that.
- [01:29:40] <DevaliousL> Yeah same
- [01:30:01] <Nagare_Shinobu> "I'm sure someone'll find 'professional ninja' appealing enough to hire me," Another shrug! "I mean, we'll never have permanent peace between us, for one. Who says that peace'll be permanent, anyways? We'll find a reason to fight, somehow."
- [01:31:07] <Giantree> "Yeah, I guess." Taking a sip of her coffee, Steyr FINALLY stops and looks over, blinking. "Damn, that's the most you've talked in years. Got an unusual amount of energy. You find a girlfriend or somethin'?"
- [01:32:09] <DevaliousL> awww snap
- [01:33:40] <Nagare_Shinobu> Shit, she found out. "... what makes you think that? This is the longest I've been away from you, of course I'll seem less dead." Okay maybe she won't press onto it wait what about the one time he bought the wrong flavor ice cream--
- [01:35:48] <Giantree> "Eh, whatevs." She turns back to the canisters and adjusts her glasses. "Not like I missed you or anything."
- [01:36:38] <Giantree> "... But yeah, if things go as planned, I'll let you know if anyone wants to hire a 'professional ninja.' But it'll probably be a real weirdo, even weirder than me."
- [01:38:45] <Nagare_Shinobu> Of course she hasn't missed him. She's been talking with him over comms. "Someone weirder than you? You sure you haven't hit your head on a rock, or something?"
- [01:41:18] <Giantree> "Nice. Good on you, keep that tongue sharper than your weapon." A pause. "... Alright, NOW you're distracting me from work, can't you go babysit the kids or some other thing?"
- [01:42:51] <DevaliousL> Wait shit, did Shinobu already do an s-rank
- [01:42:56] <Giantree> "Unless you're trying to ask me to marry you or something. This is the third conversation we've had since your mission started and we all know what happens when you rack up four of those. I'd really rather you didn't."
- [01:43:01] <Giantree> nah he's on A
- [01:44:51] <Nagare_Shinobu> "Just concerned about your well-being, chief. Can't be too good to stay in all of two places in Rolantia, can it?" He slinks outta there. But before that, he needs to say something. "... and besides, I've found someone else. Don't worry, alright?"
- [01:47:03] <Nagare_Shinobu> shit man i think steyr is aware that people on earth are developing this game
- [01:47:15] <Giantree> damn you're good at this
- [01:47:21] <Nagare_Shinobu> wait shit she is
- [01:47:33] <Nagare_Shinobu> oh clogs
- [01:47:40] <Nagare_Shinobu> help us all
- [01:47:48] <Nagare_Shinobu> no wonder shes obsessed with glasses
- [01:47:53] <Giantree> "Geez," she mutters once you're out of sight. "He thinks I couldn't tell?"
- [01:48:02] <Giantree> and so the adventure of life goes on
- [01:48:37] <Nagare_Shinobu> > Steyr and Shinobu have attained a Support Rank of A!
RAW Paste Data