Guest User

Kingdom Hearts Wiki Roundtable - July 4, 2014

a guest
Jul 4th, 2014
244
Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
  1.  
  2. Session Start: Fri Jul 04 12:59:17 2014
  3. Session Ident: #KHWiki-noticeboard
  4. [12:59] * Now talking in #KHWiki-noticeboard
  5. [12:59] * Topic is 'Welcome to #KHWiki-noticeboard, the official channel for business and wiki-related discussions on the subject of the independent KHWiki! Please refrain from socializing in this channel. You can do so in #KHWiki-social instead. Next Roundtable: July 4th. Check out the current issue of the KHWiki magazine! http://www.khwiki.com/KHWiki:Magazine/Issue_1'
  6. [12:59] * Set by Xion4ever!482f7d69@gateway/web/freenode/ip.72.47.125.105 on Tue Jul 01 22:34:56 2014
  7. [13:19] * Cheisa|RTX (ad42907a@gateway/web/freenode/ip.173.66.144.122) has joined #KHWiki-noticeboard
  8. [13:19] * ChanServ sets mode: +v Cheisa|RTX
  9. [13:19] <+Xion4ever> Alrighty then, here we go.
  10. [13:20] <+Xion4ever> http://www.khwiki.com/KHWiki:Roundtable#Meeting_27.2C_July_04.2C_2014_Agenda
  11. [13:20] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Got the agenda up. Do we wait five minutes
  12. [13:20] <KeybladeSpyMaste> For people to get here?
  13. [13:20] <+Xion4ever> We're twenty minutes past starting time, correct?
  14. [13:20] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yeah.
  15. [13:21] <+Xion4ever> I think we're okay to begin. We can catch up anyone who later drops in.
  16. [13:21] * Byzantinefire_ (c6309583@gateway/web/freenode/ip.198.48.149.131) Quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
  17. [13:21] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Cool
  18. [13:21] <+Xion4ever> So, the first point.
  19. [13:21] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Why aren't we affiliated with the Keyhole yet? If anything, we have a connection deeper than just "affiliates". We're meant to be sister Wikis after all. TheFifteenthMember7tUl9Us.png 22:12, 13 June 2014 (UTC)
  20. [13:22] <+Xion4ever> Since FM isn't here, he requested we save the discussion for next month.
  21. [13:22] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Oh, okay.
  22. [13:22] <Pea14733> http://pastebin.com/ZFzeW0M7
  23. [13:22] <+Xion4ever> "FM's Agenda Point. Should I not be present, initiate self-destruct and rollover to the next roundtable."
  24. [13:22] <Pea14733> ^These are FM's thoughts
  25. [13:23] * Byzantinefire (c6309583@gateway/web/freenode/ip.198.48.149.131) has joined #KHWiki-noticeboard
  26. [13:23] <KeybladeSpyMaste> That's for the second item, though
  27. [13:23] <KeybladeSpyMaste> isn't it?
  28. [13:23] <Pea14733> Right
  29. [13:23] <Pea14733> Wait, it's for a number of agendas
  30. [13:23] <KeybladeSpyMaste> He's on the wiki, right now. Should I get him.
  31. [13:23] <KeybladeSpyMaste> ?
  32. [13:23] <+Xion4ever> ^ Yeah
  33. [13:25] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Okay, I've left a message. Still, we could discuss the first point. He meant to rollover the second agenda point.
  34. [13:25] <KeybladeSpyMaste> oorrrr. not. I didn't read the pastebin. Sorry.
  35. [13:26] <+Xion4ever> I don't see a problem with adding what FM suggested.
  36. [13:26] <+Xion4ever> Does the Keyhole feel the same way?
  37. [13:27] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Don't know. I don't see anyone here from there. Unless I'm wrong.
  38. [13:27] <+Xion4ever> I wonder if anyone is on their IRC.
  39. [13:27] <+Xion4ever> Nope.
  40. [13:28] <+Xion4ever> I'm confident they would agree to this. However, just to make sure, we need to ask.
  41. [13:28] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yeah. agreed
  42. [13:28] <KeybladeSpyMaste> On our end, though, are we okay?
  43. [13:28] <+Xion4ever> I vote yay
  44. [13:29] <+Cheisa|RTX> yes
  45. [13:29] <FunestGamer> Yes
  46. [13:29] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yes
  47. [13:29] <+Xion4ever> Okay. I believe the ideal person to ask would be Chain.
  48. [13:29] <FunestGamer> If it won't bring anything bad upon us, I don't see why anyone would be against
  49. [13:30] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Like FM said, we've got a deeper relationship with the Keyhole than just affiliates.
  50. [13:31] <Byzantinefire> Well i did tell about the topic on the roundtable.
  51. [13:31] <+Xion4ever> I'll ask Chain on his talkpage, then.
  52. [13:32] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Ok
  53. [13:32] <+Xion4ever> While I'm doing that, I believe FM has a second/new point to discuss.
  54. [13:32] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Next agenda item
  55. [13:33] <KeybladeSpyMaste> He said rollover, but he provided that point. Do we wait
  56. [13:33] <KeybladeSpyMaste> ?
  57. [13:33] <+Xion4ever> Sure.
  58. [13:35] <KeybladeSpyMaste> So we wait, or discuss the point in his pastebin?
  59. [13:35] <KeybladeSpyMaste> (I got confused, stragely)
  60. [13:35] <KeybladeSpyMaste> *strangely
  61. [13:36] <+Xion4ever> Next point:
  62. [13:37] <+Xion4ever> CoM talk sprite formatting
  63. [13:38] <+Xion4ever> In short: ANX wants to know whether we want to use the naming schema Neumannz used for the Days sprites, or what is currently being used for CoM character talk sprites.
  64. [13:39] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Difference being......? What naming schema is used right now?
  65. [13:39] <+Xion4ever> http://www.khwiki.com/Category:Kingdom_Hearts:_Chain_of_Memories_Talk_Sprites
  66. [13:39] <+Xion4ever> http://www.khwiki.com/Category:Kingdom_Hearts_358/2_Days_Sprites
  67. [13:40] <+Xion4ever> Neumannz's : Character (Talk sprite) # GAME.png
  68. [13:40] <+Xion4ever> ANX, which is how the images were originally uploaded: Character (Emotion) GAME.png
  69. [13:41] <+Xion4ever> My idea: Character (Emotion) # GAME.png
  70. [13:41] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I prefer Neumannz's. However, than we'd have to go back and rename it all.
  71. [13:41] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yours could work, too.
  72. [13:41] <+Xion4ever> Slash my previous comment.
  73. [13:42] <+Xion4ever> Neumannz's is better.
  74. [13:42] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Same deal, though. We'd have to rename them all.
  75. [13:42] <+Xion4ever> Yup. :/
  76. [13:42] <+Xion4ever> However, the images will [finally] be properly named.
  77. [13:43] * auror (~auror@trivialand/master/auror) has joined #KHWiki-noticeboard
  78. [13:44] <+Xion4ever> So, anyone against Neumannz's naming method?
  79. [13:44] <FunestGamer> Nah
  80. [13:45] <auror> No
  81. [13:46] <+Xion4ever> Then, if no one else has anything to say, we will use "Character (Emotion) # GAME.png" for the COM talk sprites.
  82. [13:46] <KeybladeSpyMaste> So then we use Neumannz's methods.
  83. [13:46] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Next
  84. [13:46] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I was thinking of getting more videos like that for KHWiki and the keyhole like the Fannotation the Wikia Fan Media and the Fan Vs. Critic sections. - Byzantinefire
  85. [13:46] <KeybladeSpyMaste> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWazMF0YENo3wfExFjZs3GQ
  86. [13:47] <Byzantinefire> Oh sorry was a bit sidetracked.
  87. [13:47] <Byzantinefire> *i
  88. [13:47] <Byzantinefire> Well the KHWiki youtube could subscribe to the wikia youtube page.
  89. [13:48] <+Cheisa|RTX> >disband from wikia years ago
  90. [13:48] <+Cheisa|RTX> >subscribe to wikia
  91. [13:49] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yeah, no it's not gonna happen, We're not subscribing to the Wikia's YouTube page.
  92. [13:49] <auror> That doesn't mean we can't subscribe to their youtube page
  93. [13:49] <auror> I like Byzantine's idea
  94. [13:49] <+Cheisa|RTX> why do we need to in the first place?
  95. [13:49] <auror> Why not?
  96. [13:50] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I like the videos, and they're something we could do, but I don't see how subscribing to their YouTube page will help at all.
  97. [13:50] <+Xion4ever> KHWiki.com left Wikia because we thought/think they are arrogant/uncaring buttwipes.
  98. [13:50] <+Xion4ever> It would look bad on us if WE did that.
  99. [13:50] <auror> hm, I see your point Xion
  100. [13:50] <+Xion4ever> However, if the Keyhole wants to do that, that should be discussed with them over on their channel.
  101. [13:50] <KeybladeSpyMaste> To be fair, though, we still have ties back to Wikia
  102. [13:51] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Namely, The Keyhole.
  103. [13:51] <+Xion4ever> So...
  104. [13:52] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Besides, the agenda point has nothing to do with subscribing to Wikia's YouTube channel.
  105. [13:52] <KeybladeSpyMaste> What do you guys think of doing those kinds of videos?
  106. [13:52] <Byzantinefire> Well to be fair i think alot of users are like what Xion said.
  107. [13:52] <+Cheisa|RTX> who is gonna edit them?
  108. [13:53] <+Cheisa|RTX> the work that goes into making a video is time consuming
  109. [13:53] <KeybladeSpyMaste> The Fan Vs. Critic thing looks like something we could do in the Magazine rather than as a video.
  110. [13:53] <Pea14733> ^
  111. [13:53] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Like in the Coliseum page (Page 5)
  112. [13:53] <+Cheisa|RTX> I dont even know what Fan vs Critic is
  113. [13:54] <KeybladeSpyMaste> (Page 6)
  114. [13:54] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I missed
  115. [13:54] <+Xion4ever> "Wikia super-fans represent their communities in a crossfire-like discussion with critics from Rotten Tomatoes. The result? A fast-paced, heated, yet fun discussion focusing on the latest episodes from Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead" @ Chaser
  116. [13:54] <+Cheisa|RTX> oh
  117. [13:55] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I don't think we'd get critics from Rotten Tomatoes or anything like that. They might not want to (though if anyone wants to try, go right ahead).
  118. [13:55] <+Cheisa|RTX> problem is that GoT and TWD are active media, unlike KH where stuff get release once a year or so
  119. [13:56] <KeybladeSpyMaste> But we could do something where we get a fan of something in the series (say, Flowmotion from KH3D) and a critic that didn't like it, and they could debate about it.
  120. [13:56] <Pea14733> That's the concept of the Coliseum page sin't it
  121. [13:56] <Pea14733> *isn't
  122. [13:56] <KeybladeSpyMaste> ^Yeah......that's what I started to think right now....
  123. [13:56] <Byzantinefire> But not in video.
  124. [13:57] <+Xion4ever> ^ See Chaster's first two comments.
  125. [13:58] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yeah, it's a lot of work to edit videos like that.
  126. [13:58] <+Xion4ever> Also, in general, it is SO much easier to write up such things rather then set two people up in a webcam debate.
  127. [13:58] <KeybladeSpyMaste> What about the other two ideas? What do you guys think of Fannotation?
  128. [13:59] <Pea14733> Whazzat?
  129. [13:59] <KeybladeSpyMaste> "User comments and/or facts pulled directly from relevant wikias are used to provide "pop-up" style annotations for the latest movie, TV and video game trailers."
  130. [13:59] <+Xion4ever> In short: Take recent 2.5 trailer and analyze it.
  131. [13:59] <+Xion4ever> Having facts from the Wiki pop up and explain scenes/characters/events/etc. from the trailer.
  132. [14:00] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I don't think it'd be too hard, just add annotations to the video, and re-upload.
  133. [14:00] <+Xion4ever> Copyright policies on videos?
  134. [14:00] <FunestGamer> What about the story after the trailer, for exemple
  135. [14:00] <FunestGamer> The dialog
  136. [14:00] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yeah.....I don't know how that affects anything. Does it?
  137. [14:00] <FunestGamer> It leaves some questions
  138. [14:00] <Pea14733> I thought Podcast already kind of covered this kind of thing
  139. [14:01] <KeybladeSpyMaste> The reality is that the Magazine and Podcast does cover many things that these videos do. I'll be honest, they really do seem redundant at times.
  140. [14:02] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I don't think we could do Wikia Fan Media. That seems to be a lot of video editing
  141. [14:02] <+Cheisa|RTX> seems like us ripping off their ideas
  142. [14:02] <+Cheisa|RTX> if we do it
  143. [14:02] <FunestGamer> ^Agreed
  144. [14:02] <+Xion4ever> ^ Bingo
  145. [14:02] <KeybladeSpyMaste> That's true.
  146. [14:03] <+Xion4ever> We have our own take of things in the magazine and podcast.
  147. [14:03] <FunestGamer> The magazine is our idea, and it already kinda cover the videos' role.
  148. [14:03] <KeybladeSpyMaste> ...eh....not really, to be honest.
  149. [14:04] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Looking back at old forums, the magazine was inspired by another wiki's own magazine. I can't remember which one, though.
  150. [14:04] <FunestGamer> Oh...
  151. [14:04] <+Cheisa|RTX> I mean, we can do it, but the in the end, the main question is: Who is gonna go out of their way and edit the videos
  152. [14:04] <FunestGamer> Sorry people, I gotta go, Brazil's game is on.
  153. [14:04] <KeybladeSpyMaste> ^ That I agree with.
  154. [14:04] * FunestGamer (~smuxi@187-127-102-78.user.veloxzone.com.br) Quit (Quit: Cya)
  155. [14:04] <KeybladeSpyMaste> UC's comment, not the Brazil game.
  156. [14:04] <auror> oh
  157. [14:05] <Byzantinefire> Was it the the Phineas and Ferb Wiki one?
  158. [14:05] <+Xion4ever> No. ^
  159. [14:05] <+Cheisa|RTX> Fan site doing magazine is nothing new tbh
  160. [14:05] <KeybladeSpyMaste> No, I'm looking for the forum right now.
  161. [14:05] <Byzantinefire> I'm pretty sure they do a magazine as well as the Avatar Wiki.
  162. [14:06] <+Xion4ever> It doesn't matter to the Roundtable discussion.
  163. [14:06] <KeybladeSpyMaste> It really comes down to who would be willing to do the massive video editing.
  164. [14:06] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I understand that UC is doing the Podcast editing, which from what it seems, isn't very fun.
  165. [14:07] <+Cheisa|RTX> lolnope
  166. [14:07] <+Xion4ever> Audacity ftw
  167. [14:08] <+Xion4ever> I'm not entirely sure how I feel on videos, however...
  168. [14:08] <+Xion4ever> ENX and Xiggie used to make a couple of videos on YouTube.
  169. [14:09] <auror> Xiggie?
  170. [14:09] <auror> I haven't heard that name in quite awhile :o
  171. [14:09] <+Xion4ever> Xiggie no longer edits and ENX is out for another week/probably when school starts up, but someone could ask them.
  172. [14:10] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Look, here's the reality of things.
  173. [14:10] <KeybladeSpyMaste> We're not as big as wikia for us to be able to handle something like these videos.
  174. [14:11] <KeybladeSpyMaste> There aren't enough of us to edit, and oversee, and do everything they can with them. And the Magazine and Podcast does a few of the things they do anyways
  175. [14:12] <KeybladeSpyMaste> It's not that I don't want to do them. They look like they'd be great to have. We just can't actually do them.
  176. [14:12] <auror> Good point :/
  177. [14:13] <+Xion4ever> With that in mind, at the moment I'm voting against the videos.
  178. [14:13] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Me too
  179. [14:13] <+Xion4ever> Should someone arrive and be super gung-ho on editing/creating such videos, we can reopen this again.
  180. [14:14] <+Cheisa|RTX> *someone besides UC
  181. [14:14] <+Xion4ever> However, for now it is better/safer for us to juggle what we currently have.
  182. [14:14] <+Xion4ever> Any other comments/questions on this topic?
  183. [14:14] <Byzantinefire> Well you can ask a staff unless you too much pride.
  184. [14:14] <Byzantinefire> *have
  185. [14:15] <KeybladeSpyMaste> What do you mean, too much pride? We can't do it. There's nothing else to it. We cannot physically, actually, do it.
  186. [14:16] <KeybladeSpyMaste> We're not going to Wikia to do them for us, because that'd look bad. We ditch them and then go back to get help for a couple of videos.
  187. [14:16] <KeybladeSpyMaste> What staff could we possibly ask? None of the KHWiki's staff has the time to do them.
  188. [14:16] <Byzantinefire> Is that not called pride?
  189. [14:16] <+Cheisa|RTX> I am too lazy to editing on another video, I can barely edit my own video ಠ_ಠ
  190. [14:17] <+Xion4ever> @ Byzantinefire: No, it's not.
  191. [14:17] <auror> well bottom line is - nobody is going to be able to do it
  192. [14:17] <KeybladeSpyMaste> We cannot do them. It's not that we don't want to. We just can't.
  193. [14:17] <Byzantinefire> You can try at least.
  194. [14:18] <+Xion4ever> God dang it.
  195. [14:18] <+Xion4ever> Listen to what we're saying.
  196. [14:18] <KeybladeSpyMaste> WE CANNOT DO THE VIDEOS. NO ONE HAS THE TIME OR WILLPOWER TO DO THEM
  197. [14:18] <auror> caps ._.
  198. [14:18] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Seriously.
  199. [14:19] <+Cheisa|RTX> Byzan: Once you have taken/gone through classes on video editing, then come back and talk about asking people to make video
  200. [14:19] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Unless YOU want to do them (by that, I mean actually edit the videos), than go right ahead.
  201. [14:19] <KeybladeSpyMaste> *then
  202. [14:20] <Byzantinefire> Well i can ask a staff.
  203. [14:22] <+Xion4ever> Not on our behalf, you will not.
  204. [14:22] <KeybladeSpyMaste> And they will probably say no. Because we split from them, and they do work for their company, Wikia. Not for independent wikis
  205. [14:23] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Officially, on behalf of the Kingdom Hearts Wiki, you will NOT ask the Wikia staff for help on these videos. If you do, it's from your own will and idea, not ours.
  206. [14:23] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Are we good to move on?
  207. [14:23] <auror> Independent wikis? Hm.. - Collaborative SEIWA youtube channel?
  208. [14:23] <auror> Yeah, I'm good with moving on.
  209. [14:24] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Anyone else?
  210. [14:24] <+Xion4ever> Letsa go
  211. [14:24] <Pea14733> Yes. Go on.
  212. [14:24] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Managing the Mirage Arena.
  213. [14:24] <KeybladeSpyMaste> -TheFifteenthMember
  214. [14:24] <Pea14733> Luxerion
  215. [14:24] <Byzantinefire> Seriously this is why i choose to ignore other users and people.
  216. [14:25] <+Luxerion> yap yap
  217. [14:25] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Well, this is a COMMUNITY wiki, not a one-person-on-his-own wiki.
  218. [14:25] <KeybladeSpyMaste> You don't just ignore the whole community. End of story.
  219. [14:25] <auror> anyhow
  220. [14:26] <auror> What about managing the Mirage Arena?
  221. [14:26] <+Xion4ever> I think we're just looking for someone else to be in charge of it.
  222. [14:26] <+Xion4ever> Right?
  223. [14:26] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yep
  224. [14:26] <auror> seems to be the case
  225. [14:26] <+Xion4ever> Anything you want to add, Erry?
  226. [14:27] <+Luxerion> on what?
  227. [14:27] <Pea14733> MA
  228. [14:27] <+Luxerion> i cant update it anymore someone else has to do it
  229. [14:28] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I though Neumannz was going to help with that?
  230. [14:28] <KeybladeSpyMaste> *thought
  231. [14:29] <+Luxerion> well, yeah but no one's doing anything :/ so we need more people
  232. [14:29] * Grim-Ripper (Grim-Rippe@ppp079167043140.access.hol.gr) has joined #KHWiki-noticeboard
  233. [14:29] <+Xion4ever> Having more than one person in charge of the MA wouldn't hurt anyways.
  234. [14:30] <KeybladeSpyMaste> That's true.
  235. [14:30] <+Xion4ever> I can help out for the rest of this month, but once school starts in August, you guys won't see much/any of me till December.
  236. [14:31] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I can't offer my continuous help, either. There'll soon be a point where I'll be gone, too. I'm sure.
  237. [14:34] <Pea14733> How about we have a team of MA staffers
  238. [14:34] <+Xion4ever> If you can find an appropriate group, go for it.
  239. [14:35] <Pea14733> I mean I'm asking if someone here might have some free time in the next month
  240. [14:36] <Pea14733> Not every week but at least once a month
  241. [14:37] <Pea14733> To just organize a change in matches
  242. [14:37] <KeybladeSpyMaste> If we had a group of people, than we wouldn't need one person all the time, we'd just need one of them.
  243. [14:37] <Pea14733> Yeah
  244. [14:39] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I'll be part of such group. It'd be just replacing the current match with the next one, right?
  245. [14:39] <Pea14733> Yes
  246. [14:39] <Pea14733> But for the current one, it's the Joint Struggle
  247. [14:39] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Sounds pretty simple.
  248. [14:41] <+Xion4ever> There's one member. Pea, I'm assuming you'll partake?
  249. [14:41] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Anyone else willing to join me?
  250. [14:41] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Or should we create a forum to sign up to help?
  251. [14:42] <+Xion4ever> ^ Good idea.
  252. [14:42] <Pea14733> Yes I'll be in the group
  253. [14:42] <+Xion4ever> There's two.
  254. [14:44] <+Xion4ever> A forum will be created in order to gather a group to manage the MA.
  255. [14:44] <+Xion4ever> Is that all for this topic?
  256. [14:45] <Pea14733> I tihnk so
  257. [14:45] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Yep
  258. [14:45] <+Xion4ever> Cool.
  259. [14:45] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Next
  260. [14:45] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Reviving the Twitter account. Either updating the one we have or creating an entirely new one, as the current one is a collection of the English, German, and French Wikis.
  261. [14:45] <KeybladeSpyMaste> -Xion4ever
  262. [14:46] <+Xion4ever> In short: Our Twitter account is inactive.
  263. [14:46] <+Xion4ever> https://twitter.com/KHWiki
  264. [14:46] <Pea14733> Who is in charge of it?
  265. [14:46] <+Xion4ever> http://www.khwiki.com/KHWiki:Staff#Offsite_staff
  266. [14:46] <+Xion4ever> TNE and Unbirth.
  267. [14:46] <Pea14733> https://twitter.com/KHWiki/status/316460619157106688
  268. [14:46] <Pea14733> Apprently
  269. [14:46] <Pea14733> Luxerion
  270. [14:47] <Pea14733> *Apparently
  271. [14:47] <+Luxerion> i took over it but yeah, managing the twitter, youtube AND mirage arena on top of being in university...
  272. [14:47] <Pea14733> XD
  273. [14:47] <Pea14733> I normally use Twitter
  274. [14:47] <+Xion4ever> ^ Same.
  275. [14:48] <+Xion4ever> What are we wanting to do with Twitter?
  276. [14:48] <Pea14733> Advertising the Magazine, wiki news, KH news etc.?
  277. [14:48] <KeybladeSpyMaste> ^
  278. [14:49] <+Xion4ever> That brings up some activity.
  279. [14:50] <+Xion4ever> However, what about the idea of small "games"/stuff?
  280. [14:50] <+Xion4ever> What I mean by that:
  281. [14:50] <+Xion4ever> "Quess that quote" or "Caption this picture" - <s>lame</s> just cheap/small stuff like that.
  282. [14:50] * Grim-Ripper (Grim-Rippe@ppp079167043140.access.hol.gr) has left #KHWiki-noticeboard
  283. [14:51] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I think that'd be great to have, too.
  284. [14:52] <+Xion4ever> This allows us to step out from other KH twitters.
  285. [14:52] <+Xion4ever> There's already one on quotes. There are plenty of news sites.
  286. [14:54] * FifteenthMember (5eae9e14@gateway/web/freenode/ip.94.174.158.20) has joined #KHWiki-noticeboard
  287. [14:54] <+Xion4ever> We could post various questions, start discussions on speculation- whatever we wanted.
  288. [14:54] <FifteenthMember> Hi
  289. [14:55] <+Cheisa|RTX> oh look, its FN
  290. [14:55] <+Xion4ever> Hey, FM. We're discussing reviving the Twitter account.
  291. [14:55] <FifteenthMember> Brb
  292. [14:55] * FifteenthMember (5eae9e14@gateway/web/freenode/ip.94.174.158.20) Quit (Client Quit)
  293. [14:55] <Pea14733> ._.
  294. [14:56] <+Xion4ever> I forgot perhaps the most important question: do we still want the Twitter?
  295. [14:56] <Pea14733> lol
  296. [14:56] * FM|Phone (~u686749@cpc7-camd15-2-0-cust531.20-2.cable.virginm.net) has joined #KHWiki-noticeboard
  297. [14:57] <+Cheisa|RTX> I don't even used my twitter, so I don't know where we're heading with this
  298. [14:57] <Pea14733> I use Twitter
  299. [14:57] <+Cheisa|RTX> I vote pea in charge then
  300. [14:57] <Byzantinefire> Keep the twitter page its good promotion.
  301. [14:57] <FM|Phone> Hail pea!
  302. [14:57] <Pea14733> I lack humor :(
  303. [14:57] <+Xion4ever> Should we enlist a group?
  304. [14:58] <FM|Phone> sure
  305. [14:58] <+Cheisa|RTX> I found pea's twitter and as soon as I loaded it, I couldn't figure what was going on
  306. [14:58] <Pea14733> ._.
  307. [14:58] <FM|Phone> psst, pea can I have a log? :p
  308. [15:00] <+Xion4ever> Are Pea and I the only ones on here right now that use Twitter?
  309. [15:00] <Pea14733> I think so :P
  310. [15:00] <FM|Phone> this iphone app is annoying to use...
  311. [15:00] <Byzantinefire> i use twitter.
  312. [15:00] <Byzantinefire> i'm even in charge of the disney wiki twitter page.
  313. [15:01] <FM|Phone> I think xion and pea will do fine together
  314. [15:01] <FM|Phone> argh, I keep pressing buttons :<
  315. [15:02] <+Xion4ever> Then the next point on Twitter:
  316. [15:02] <+Xion4ever> Do we want to continue the one we currently have or start a new account?
  317. [15:02] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I use Twitter
  318. [15:02] <FM|Phone> is there any explicit reason why we need a new acc?
  319. [15:03] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Sorry, my brother took my computer for several minutes, and I'm catching up right now.
  320. [15:03] <+Xion4ever> The one we currently use is used between the English, German, and French Wikis.
  321. [15:03] <FM|Phone> I don't think that matters much
  322. [15:03] <FM|Phone> which acc does the keyhole use?
  323. [15:03] <+Xion4ever> ^ Agreed. The other two have not been active as of late, either.
  324. [15:03] <+Xion4ever> Er, to the first point.
  325. [15:04] <+Xion4ever> Hang on. Getting link.
  326. [15:04] <+Xion4ever> https://twitter.com/keyholewiki
  327. [15:04] <+Xion4ever> I forgot they had a Twitter. ._.
  328. [15:05] <FM|Phone> ah okay, they have their own
  329. [15:05] <FM|Phone> Anyway, I don't see why we need a new one
  330. [15:05] <Pea14733> So we don't have to create new one
  331. [15:07] <+Xion4ever> I'm going to throw KeybladeSpyMaste into the ring on helping out with Twitter.
  332. [15:07] <KeybladeSpyMaste> So we restart the current Twitter account. Anything else related to it.
  333. [15:07] <KeybladeSpyMaste> ?
  334. [15:07] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Sure, I'll help out.
  335. [15:07] <+Xion4ever> When do we want to start this? Today? Right now? Next week?
  336. [15:08] <Pea14733> Can do right now
  337. [15:08] <+Xion4ever> We need the log in information either from Luxerion or Sonwe- who apparently has the information? >>
  338. [15:08] <Pea14733> I think Luxerion
  339. [15:09] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I guess as soon as we get the log in information, we start it.
  340. [15:09] <Pea14733> Yeah
  341. [15:09] <+Xion4ever> Sounds fine.
  342. [15:10] <FM|Phone> guys I'm gonna leave soon but feel free to discuss my second agenda point cuz all my input is there on that pastbin already
  343. [15:10] <+Xion4ever> About reinstalling ENX's staff position?
  344. [15:10] <KeybladeSpyMaste> So then we'll go back to that.
  345. [15:12] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Pretty self-explanatory. The wiki demoted him for lack of activity, and now he's pretty active (albeit the vacation this week). So we should give him his staff postion back. Objections?
  346. [15:12] <+Luxerion> for what?
  347. [15:12] <Pea14733> I think he might be inactive again in the next month
  348. [15:12] <FM|Phone> xion, yeh
  349. [15:13] <+Xion4ever> One moment
  350. [15:13] <FM|Phone> if he proves he can stay active for a long time to come, he should be repromoted
  351. [15:13] <KeybladeSpyMaste> The Keyhole already gave him back his administrator postition
  352. [15:14] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Hey, Luxerion we need the login information for the wiki's Twitter account
  353. [15:15] <+Xion4ever> http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:EternalNothingnessXIII
  354. [15:15] <FM|Phone> I read that already
  355. [15:16] <FM|Phone> it seems he just doesn't understand why he was demoted in the first place
  356. [15:16] <+Xion4ever> Another link can be found on NinjaSheik's talkpage.
  357. [15:17] <Byzantinefire> Demotion is never an easy thing to live with.
  358. [15:17] <FM|Phone> I'm really not sure what he means by the dictator admins but I'm willing to forgive him if it is a misunderstanding
  359. [15:18] <+Luxerion> okay, i'll get to it soon
  360. [15:18] <FM|Phone> he seems to be unaware of teh FACTS
  361. [15:18] <Pea14733> He was demoted because of the lack of activity, no?
  362. [15:18] <FM|Phone> yeah
  363. [15:18] <+Xion4ever> ENX is a great editor and means well.
  364. [15:19] <+Luxerion> the real reason was not because lack of activity
  365. [15:19] <+Luxerion> it was lack of communication
  366. [15:19] <Pea14733> AH
  367. [15:19] <Pea14733> I kind of remembered it now
  368. [15:19] <FM|Phone> that sounds right
  369. [15:19] <+Xion4ever> However, those 'anti-Wiki' comments...
  370. [15:19] <+Luxerion> he never said what he was busy being inactive for UNTIL the point where we demoted him
  371. [15:20] <FM|Phone> he seems to have learned from his mistakes
  372. [15:20] <FM|Phone> he prewarned us about his 2 week trip
  373. [15:21] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I don't know much about the events surrounding his demotion. However, from an outsiders's point of view, he doesn't seem very happy to be here. He seems to be in a "cold war"-of-sorts with some of the admins here.
  374. [15:21] <Byzantinefire> I know that feeling.
  375. [15:22] <FM|Phone> should we do a sort of a deal with enx?
  376. [15:22] <FM|Phone> if he continues communicating with us and refrains from posting negative comments, he can be rehired
  377. [15:24] * FM|Phone has 5 mins left
  378. [15:24] <Pea14733> I don't think we should pose some kind of deal on him though
  379. [15:24] <+Xion4ever> Truth be told, we should probably discuss this when he is online.
  380. [15:24] <Pea14733> Yeah
  381. [15:25] <FM|Phone> yeah okay
  382. [15:25] <+Xion4ever> He's on vacation right now, which is understandable. School starts up again in August.
  383. [15:25] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I'm okay with re-promoting him. He seems to be a very dedicated editor. He just seems to have some problems with some of the staff.
  384. [15:25] <KeybladeSpyMaste> We all have some little scuffle with others once in a while.
  385. [15:25] <+Xion4ever> Indeed.
  386. [15:25] <Pea14733> So, last one?
  387. [15:25] <FM|Phone> so has everyone noticed the increased activity lately?
  388. [15:26] <+Xion4ever> :D
  389. [15:26] <FM|Phone> do we think we need another mod?
  390. [15:26] <auror> no
  391. [15:26] <FM|Phone> I say no...
  392. [15:26] <Pea14733> No ...
  393. [15:27] <FM|Phone> also, we can give enx moderator status for now
  394. [15:27] <FM|Phone> that can be a sort of probation
  395. [15:27] <+Luxerion> just re-mote him to admin
  396. [15:27] <+Luxerion> it was unfair because i pushed for it
  397. [15:27] <FM|Phone> if he sticks to his promises, he becomes admin
  398. [15:27] <+Luxerion> well
  399. [15:27] <+Luxerion> we could do what you say
  400. [15:28] <+Luxerion> and give him mod status
  401. [15:28] <KeybladeSpyMaste> All in favor of giving ENX admin status?
  402. [15:28] <+Luxerion> in addition to 'advising' him to communicate with us
  403. [15:28] <Pea14733> ^ Yes
  404. [15:28] <+Luxerion> he comes on the irc every so often
  405. [15:28] <FM|Phone> I do think we need to discuss things with enx first though
  406. [15:28] <+Luxerion> but never tells us what's happening
  407. [15:28] <+Luxerion> so we dont know if he's busy or not irl
  408. [15:29] <FM|Phone> like, over the irc so we know where he stands
  409. [15:29] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Ok, so conclusion.
  410. [15:29] <KeybladeSpyMaste> We wait to discuss this with him when he comes back.
  411. [15:29] <FM|Phone> yeah
  412. [15:29] <Pea14733> Okay
  413. [15:29] <KeybladeSpyMaste> He said he'd be back in another week, right?
  414. [15:29] <FM|Phone> yeah
  415. [15:29] <Pea14733> Yeha
  416. [15:29] <Pea14733> *yeah
  417. [15:30] <Pea14733> So next?
  418. [15:30] <FM|Phone> so chain of rewards
  419. [15:30] <FM|Phone> have you guys read my thing?
  420. [15:30] <Pea14733> More like, "Bonus Level"
  421. [15:30] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I'm reading it right now.
  422. [15:30] <Pea14733> Where you unlock features on the wiki as you edit more
  423. [15:30] <FM|Phone> yeah sure
  424. [15:30] <FM|Phone> name is configurable
  425. [15:31] <Pea14733> ANd you want it to be listed on the Traverse Town, correct?
  426. [15:31] <Pea14733> That can do
  427. [15:31] <FM|Phone> yeah
  428. [15:31] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I've got a minor suggestion.
  429. [15:31] <FM|Phone> under guide for new users district
  430. [15:32] <KeybladeSpyMaste> What if we made a certain percentage of the total edits from the mainspace/images/whatever acutal content areas?
  431. [15:32] <Pea14733> ....What?
  432. [15:32] <FM|Phone> I know what you mean
  433. [15:33] <FM|Phone> but new users won't catch on to that easily
  434. [15:33] <Pea14733> You mean like an EXP bar or something?
  435. [15:33] <FM|Phone> simplest thing is counting overall edits
  436. [15:33] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Like how in Special:EditCount, it lists percentages of edits in each of area.
  437. [15:33] <Pea14733> oh
  438. [15:33] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I guess. It's just a suggestion.
  439. [15:33] <FM|Phone> but then, if someone makes 1 main space edit
  440. [15:33] <FM|Phone> and nothing else
  441. [15:34] <Pea14733> Well, different editors have different interest in different namespaces
  442. [15:34] <FM|Phone> he'd still have 100% and be able to do everything
  443. [15:34] <FM|Phone> that's why I proposed overall edits so it promotes general "activity"
  444. [15:34] <KeybladeSpyMaste> No. That's not what I meant.
  445. [15:34] <FM|Phone> not just 'work'
  446. [15:34] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Like, we still use the overall edits thing.
  447. [15:35] <FM|Phone> well, I need to go now
  448. [15:35] <KeybladeSpyMaste> But of those edits, say 10% have to be in Mainspace, Image Uploads, or discussing something useful on the wiki. That way, we still have activity
  449. [15:36] <FM|Phone> you guys decide for me :p
  450. [15:36] <Pea14733> KSM, we have the thing called "Quality Edits"
  451. [15:36] * FM|Phone (~u686749@cpc7-camd15-2-0-cust531.20-2.cable.virginm.net) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
  452. [15:36] <KeybladeSpyMaste> But it's not all just userpage edits and discussing random things in the forums.
  453. [15:36] <+Xion4ever> I've got to go as well.
  454. [15:36] <+Xion4ever> However, I like the idea. Full support.
  455. [15:36] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I don't know. Again, just a suggestion.
  456. [15:37] <Pea14733> Like, normal editcounts count all edits
  457. [15:37] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I think we should do FM's idea, and if we need to, we can alter it later. How's that.
  458. [15:37] <KeybladeSpyMaste> ?
  459. [15:37] <+Xion4ever> ^ Fair enough.
  460. [15:37] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Ok. Are the editcount numbers ok?
  461. [15:37] <Pea14733> However, Quality Edits only counts edits in certain namespaces
  462. [15:37] <+Xion4ever> Fine with me. ^ and ^
  463. [15:37] <+Xion4ever> I'll see you guys later.
  464. [15:37] * +Xion4ever (482f7d69@gateway/web/freenode/ip.72.47.125.105) Quit
  465. [15:37] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Which set do we take, the first or second?
  466. [15:38] <Pea14733> Normally we count Quality Edits
  467. [15:38] <+Luxerion> ok so i'll go grab the password and login info
  468. [15:38] <Pea14733> That's when MA was created
  469. [15:38] <Pea14733> 150 quality edits to be able to vote in MA
  470. [15:40] <+Luxerion> ooookay
  471. [15:40] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Ok, well, I'll stand by FM's original idea
  472. [15:40] <+Luxerion> so it uses my email and my own personal password and that's not a good idea
  473. [15:40] <KeybladeSpyMaste> But his idea has two suggestions and we need to choose one.
  474. [15:40] <Pea14733> I suggest using Quality Edits
  475. [15:41] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Luxerion, we could move the account's email/password to the wiki's email, can't we?
  476. [15:41] <+Luxerion> yes im in the middle of doing that right now
  477. [15:41] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I don't want to just use Quality Edits. I think we should do a combination of both. It just get's complicated on how exactly to do that.
  478. [15:42] <Pea14733> "You must have at least 130 edits before voting. Check your editcount Here, by typing in your username. Please check for: Mainspace, Game, Quotes, Image, Main Page, Template, Walkthrough, Card, Gallery, Kingdom Hearts Wiki, and MediaWiki edits."
  479. [15:42] <Pea14733> Well we can go with this
  480. [15:42] <KeybladeSpyMaste> That's why I'm saying, we should do FM's original idea, and if we find the need to tweak it later, we can.
  481. [15:43] <Pea14733> Okay
  482. [15:43] <KeybladeSpyMaste> We'll keep in mind that the need may arise if we get a ton of new users. But for now, we don't really have the traffic to worry about Quality Edits.
  483. [15:43] <+Luxerion> right
  484. [15:43] <+Luxerion> twitter account switched to kingdomheartswikibcrat@gmail.com
  485. [15:43] <KeybladeSpyMaste> We get so few new users, and even less become active users.
  486. [15:44] <Pea14733> :P
  487. [15:44] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I don't know, that's what I think.
  488. [15:44] <Pea14733> Okay so we'll go with the first idea
  489. [15:44] <Pea14733> End of RT?
  490. [15:45] <+Luxerion> i have the login info for the twitter so yeah, anyone wants it, they can ask me
  491. [15:45] <KeybladeSpyMaste> No, not the end. We still have one minor detail to the Rewards idea.
  492. [15:45] <Pea14733> ?
  493. [15:45] <KeybladeSpyMaste> FM posted two ideas on how to set requirements. Which one do we use?
  494. [15:46] <Pea14733> Luxerion: It's decided that the persons will be me, KSM and Xion
  495. [15:46] <KeybladeSpyMaste> The difference is that the first groups all Featured content to a requirement of 200 edits.
  496. [15:46] <+Luxerion> for the mirage arena?
  497. [15:46] <Pea14733> Twitter
  498. [15:47] <KeybladeSpyMaste> The second set splits them. The requirement to vote in FM is 150, FA is 200, and FU is 250
  499. [15:47] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Do you get what I'm saying, Pea?
  500. [15:47] <Pea14733> Yes
  501. [15:47] <KeybladeSpyMaste> So which should we do?
  502. [15:47] <Pea14733> I say we go for the different requirements
  503. [15:48] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I like the second option, as well.
  504. [15:48] <KeybladeSpyMaste> So we're done?
  505. [15:48] <Pea14733> Yup :D
  506. [15:48] <Pea14733> Who'll write the summary?
  507. [15:49] <KeybladeSpyMaste> I can. I've been keeping a log, as well. Unless you want to.
  508. [15:49] <Pea14733> Nah
  509. [15:49] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Or Luxerion. I believe he usually does.
  510. [15:49] <Pea14733> Good luck on that one
  511. [15:49] <+Luxerion> ok i'll give you the login info pea
  512. [15:50] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Luxerion do you want to do the summary? Or should I?
  513. [15:51] <+Luxerion> you do it
  514. [15:52] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Ok. And you'll give me the login info, too, right? 'Cuz I'll be helping with the Twitter, too.
  515. [15:52] <KeybladeSpyMaste> Good RT today.
RAW Paste Data