[TLH/SinKid] Loan breaks a vase
Warden-Sigma Sep 10th, 2018 (edited) 22 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- "Who broke this?!"
- Loan, 5, cowed at her mother's harsh tone. Her elder sister, Rosalina, was holding firm though.
- Loan had been playing with Rose earlier, mostly chasing each other. Loan had turned a corner too fast and had run into a small table, knocking a delicate crystalline vase off and shattering it.
- Loan was guilty, but she didn't want to admit it. Lori was a harsh mother, and punished her sevetely. Sometimes it was being locked in the bathroom for a few hours, but if she broke something she was usually made to clean it up by hand as well, the small cuts caused by sharp edges a reminder to be careful around the house.
- She still had bandages on from last time.
- "Well?" Their mother crossed her arms. "If none of you are going to tell me, then I'll just punish both of you, and you'll *both* have to clean this up by hand."
- Loan felt herself on the verge of tears. She didn't want to be the bad girl again, but she knew that she had to tell the truth.
- Even if her mother hated her for it.
- "It was me."
- Loan paused. She turned to face her sister, looking down at the floor with a guilty look.
- "I ran too fast and hit the table."
- Their mother looked... surprised. And a little concerned. "Are you hurt?" Loan rubbed her sore shoulder from the impact.
- "No, I'm fine, mom." Rose replied.
- Lori sighed. "Rose, what did I tell you about running around the house?"
- "You told me to be careful or not to do it."
- "Well, I hope this has been a lesson for you." She reached into the cupboard and pulled out a dustpan and brush, and handed it to Rose. "Clean this mess up, and you're not getting desert tonight."
- "Aww, dang it." Rose bemoaned as her mother walked away. She began her cleaning with a huff.
- Loan leant down and passed her a large piece. "Why'd you do that?"
- "I know Mom doesn't let you off like she does with me, which is dumb."
- "B-but you're gonna miss out on desert."
- "I'd rather miss out on desert than miss out on playing with you."
- "Lemme help you at least."
- Rose smiled. "Okay."
RAW Paste Data