a guest Nov 15th, 2018 92 Never
- 1) selecting from a list of reasons to down vote,
- 2) forming a jury of opinion or of a highly qualified judge,
- 3) rendering that verdict, and
- 4) having the poster or other protagonist option for challenging the down vote verdict.
- 1) Up votes add more points than a down vote subtracts to their recipients and if they were
- actually of equal but opposite value the reputation change for each would be equal but
- 2) A down vote on an answer costs the down voter reputation to assign but an up vote
- on an answer does not add to the assigner's reputation.
- 3) The reputation level for the privilege of first up voting (*circa* 15) does not equal
- that for first down voting (*circa* 125).
RAW Paste Data