IAPV/dsRNA in Honeybees Experiment
a guest May 20th, 2019 50 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- IAPV Experiment:
- Part 1
- 1) Inject five honeybees with the IAPV virus (write down the time and day you do this) leaving another five alone (control).
- 2) Watch the bees for one week, making note of all symptoms and behaviors of the virus in the bees
- 3) Make note of the bees' mortality rate with IAPV compared to the date you injected the virus
- 4) Compare the experimental bees with the control bees (mortality rate), write down observations and conclusions
- Part 2
- 1) Inject five honeybees with IAPV, leaving the five control bees alone
- 2) Feed dsRNA to the five experimental bees on a constant basis every day for the week
- 3) Make note of the bees' mortality rate compared to the date you injected the virus
- 4) Compare the experimental bees' mortality rate and the control bees' mortality rate, and write down observations and conclusions about the effects that the dsRNA had on the IAPV.
- IAPV infection results in more significant changes in gene expression in adult bees than in brood
- High genetic diversity exists between different strains of IAPV
RAW Paste Data