a guest May 23rd, 2019 117 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Author: Number Six <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Author date: 5 years ago (7/10/2014 01:22:12)
- Commit date: 5 years ago (7/10/2014 01:40:35)
- Commit hash: f9a3c176846342d2b575867f3759f4acdfdb74bf
- Parent(s): 87c24260f9
- File system overhaul.
- * Game now has the concept of a "basedir", which is the root directory
- under which all files are located. This is automatically determined based
- on the location of the executable that is run. Each directory is searched
- for either a "data" or "piggs" subdirectory, up to 4 levels up from the
- executable. If one is found with either of those, it is the basedir.
- * Lots of old c:\game, c:\gamefix, gamedatadir.txt, autogamedir, etc.
- cruft removed. Game now only has one default data directory, located
- under [basedir]/data, and one default pigg directory, under
- * The current working directory that the executable is launched from is no
- longer significant.
- * A new file layout for the client is implemented. It can be activated with
- the -newlayout command line parameter and may become the default in the
- future if the launcher that uses it gains significant traction. The new
- layout organizes the client like this, from the basedir:
- Account/[accountname]/ - playerslot.txt, chat logs, player notes
- Bin/ - Client exe and DLLs go here instead of in basedir
- Data/ - Override files only, settings files no longer go here
- Missions/ - PlayerCreatedSouvenierClues.txt relocated here as well
- Settings/ - keybinds, options, window settings
- * The game will no longer try to create debug files in c:\ or
- c:\cryptic\scratch. All of these files are no longer created by default.
- Both the client and mapserver support a new -filedebug flag to turn on
- debug files. The mapserver creates most of them as it dumps incoming
- and outgoing containers. These files are now created in [basedir]/Debug/
- instead of in the root.
- * The client supports the following new command line paramters:
- -oldlayout : Force use of the old file layout (current default)
- -newlayout : Force use of the new file layout
- -basedir [dir] : Disable auto detection and manually specify basedir
- -datadir [dir] : Override default data directory ([basedir]/data)
- -piggdir [dir] : Override default pigg directory ([basedir]/piggs)
- -filedebug : Enable creating default files
- * -patchdir, along with the new directory command line parameters, fixed
- to work correctly with paths containing spaces. The wrapper around main()
- was unexpectedly adding quotes to these even if they did not exist in
- the original command line.
- Contained in no branch
- Contained in tags: baselight, issue25, makebins, number6
RAW Paste Data