Beastworm Jan 25th, 2020 83 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Phase 1:
- - Left or Right direction doesn't matter for which pattern (slow, mid or fast) you get.
- - The pattern is decided by looking at the frame counter (increases by 1 every frame since your last reset or so),
- not the RNG accumulator.
- - Since it uses 4 values (looking at bit 2 and 3 of the frame counter), we get the following possible results:
- slow, fast, mid, slow. So there's 50% chance it'll pick slow, and 25% for fast and mid.
- Phase 2:
- - The game does two things when Phase 2 starts, first it generates a new random number to decide the direction
- (0 = left, 1 = right), then it generates a new random number to decide the pattern (a number between 0-7).
- This number is then indexed into an array of patterns, that goes like this: slow, fast, mid, slow, mid, fast, mid, slow.
- - By looking only at the array, it would seem like 2/8 is fast, 3/8 is mid and 3/8 is slow.
- - The reason we get not-so-random results for the second phase, is due to the AI generating two new random numbers in the
- same frame. When doing it twice in a row like that, the two values will be highly correlated. Basically, an even number on
- the first one will usually generate an odd number on the next one. So. If the first number is even (meaning left), the second
- number is usually odd, and it can then only pick fast, slow, fast or slow. And similar idea if it chooses to start on the
- right side.
- - I've simulated every possibly RNG seed (with seeds you will get in the game) and have found the following percentages for phase 2:
- - slow = 24.87
- - mid = 0.70
- - fast = 24.52
- - slow = 12.76
- - mid = 36.80
- - fast = 0.35
RAW Paste Data