a guest Mar 19th, 2019 50 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- /* assignment: modify the code below by adding a recursive function
- Note: the answer for the looping factorial is wrong for integers > 12. Why?
- What happens if we change fact from an int to a long? to a float? to a double?
- If you use a float or a double, when is the answer not exactly correct?
- #include <iostream>
- #include <iomanip>
- using namespace std;
- //......................put your factorial prototype here
- int factorial(int);
- int main(void)
- int n, n2, fact;
- cout << "enter an integer number: "<<endl;
- cin >> n;
- n2 = n;
- // calculate n factorial with a loop:
- fact = 1;
- while (n2 > 1)
- fact *= n2;
- cout << n << " factorial is: " << fact << endl;
- // now uncomment the line below, and do it using your recursive function:
- fact = factorial(n);
- cout << n << " recursive factorial is: " << fact << endl;
- return 0;
- //...................... add your recursive factorial function here
- int factorial(int n)
- return n*factorial(n-1);
- return 1;
RAW Paste Data