Jojoveller Stand Comments, Part 5
sekainoyazawa Sep 19th, 2016 5,036 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Part 5 Stands
- GOLD EXPERIENCE
- I had the concept of the Egyptian symbol of life, the scarab, and the ladybug is also a beetle. Then, I needed a symbol of peace... so, angel wings or something? It has a slender silhouette, to go along with its host.
- STICKY FINGERS
- The Rolling Stones album Sticky Fingers had a zipper on it. So, I thought it would be cool to have a zipper Stand, and made this one.
- BLACK SABBATH
- Venetian carnival dres... like something out of Casanova? That, combined with the image of a god of death. It has a wide-brimmed hat and collar because it's wearing medieval Italian clothing.
- MOODY BLUES
- Is that a leotard, or full-body tights? Either way, it's covered in vinyl from head to toe. I saw this sort of fashion in a movie or something. It has an unorthodox ability, so it's not suited for combat.
- SOFT MACHINE
- The design uses dots to differentiate itself from Kraft Work's lines. Because it stabs things with its saber and deflates them. I think I put more focus on the Stand users themselves rather than their Stands in Part 5.
- SEX PISTOLS
- They got their name because it sounds like "Six Pistols." Six bullets... They each have slightly different faces, and drawing them got a little complicated. I might not remember them too clearly anymore (laughs).
- KRAFT WORK
- I try not to give similar silhouettes to Stands that appear together. On another note, now that I look back on it, I might have been obsessed with giving Stands gritted teeth around this time (laughs).
- Considering the balance of the team, I wanted a type of stand that could fly around in combat. A simple ability is better for main characters. Aerosmith was a fun Stand to draw.
- LITTLE FEET
- I begin by thinking about the situation. Like, you have people turning flat, people turning small, that sequence of physical phenomena. As for the design, maybe this one was also influenced by Enki Bilal's characters?
- PURPLE HAZE
- This stand has Roman armor and stitching to play up its weirdness. Its poison gas ability can do anything, but its host consciously restrains it. Fugo is actually a restrained individual.
- MAN IN THE MIRROR
- With inspiration from Michael Jackson's music, I thought it would be cool to go inside the mirror. This one also has a design based off a Venetian mask. Yes, some of them do have these tengu-like noses.
- MR. PRESIDENT
- A turtle is like a house on legs, right? Like, doesn't Gamera look like a spaceship? The pattern on the shell also looks like a jigsaw puzzle, and I had the idea of slotting a special, fancy-looking key in there.
- GRATEFUL DEAD
- I was going to draw the lower half of its body, but then I thought, wouldn't it be fine without one? In the end, it came out with an unusual design that worked pretty well. The eyes all over its body are because I thought maybe there was a supernatural creature like that...
- BEACH BOY
- Pesci showed up because I wanted to depict a relationship between a leader and his underling. Like, "I've got what it really takes when push comes to shove!" For the ability, I thought it would be cool to fish on dry land. The reel is a skull to symbolize death.
- BABY FACE
- It's appearance is an evil version of Echoes Act 3... Like the image of a demonic boy. The modified mohawk makes it feel more dangerous. Melone's design was influenced by Venetian masks.
- WHITE ALBUM
- This one was also made with a focus on the situation. I thought it would look cool to have a drawing where a guy skates down a road. I gave the host glasses so his face would leave an impression when you caught glimpses of it through his suit.
- KING CRIMSON
- It was shocking how, in the movie Total Recall, there was a guy with an extra face on his belly, with its own personality... For Diavolo, I thought he would look punk if his hair had a leopard pattern.
- TALKING HEAD
- I first thought of an ability that would force you to tell only lies, and then came up with the octopus's suckers design to let it stick to tongues. I also had the image of an alien larva in mind.
- Teleporting from one material to another... It was Venice, so I gave it water as a medium. I had the idea that it would be cool to have a shark inside a puddle of water. The design is an ancient, armor-plated fish.
- SPICE GIRL
- I was thinking it was about time for me to make Trish a Stand user. The design is based of a cat, and I also added arithmetic symbols because I thought it would look cool. Because Trish is a girl, I was careful to give it a soft silhouette.
- NOTORIOUS B.I.G.
- I made this Stand so Trish would have something to fight. If anything, I might have just wanted to draw the stand's peculiar-looking host back then. Well, he died right away, though (laughs).
- It's an ability that steals iron from your body... so it's modeled off cells or red blood cells, maybe? And also the Hattifatteners from the Moomins.
- I discussed whether it would be possible to make a nail out of the iron in a human body.
- GREEN DAY
- Was Cioccolata influenced by the current events of the time? People were talking about quack doctors and people who enjoyed murder back then. I like the design where it disperses mold from its head.
- Much like the idea of skating across the ground, this one swims through the ground. The Stand covers the body like a wetsuit, and the surface is covered with scales so it can move through the ground more easily.
- CHARIOT REQUIEM
- Mozart began writing his Requiem when he got a commission from a mysterious visitor. Here, we have a pitch-black messenger, creating an image of death. The visitor's gender remains a mystery, so I gave the stand an androgynous fashion.
- GOLD EXPERIENCE REQUIEM
- Just an evolved version of Gold Experience's design. It retains some points from the original design, while also bearing the arrow. Also, it's kinda like a flower that's grown up and bloomed... so maybe that's why its head is opened up too (laughs).
- ROLLING STONE(S)
- The story of Michaelangelo influenced me. He didn't plan out his sculptures as he carved, he saw a figure that was already inside the rock. It was nice how the story ended on a trailing note, wasn't it?
RAW Paste Data