- Hello Occupying Foodies!
- My name is Antonin and I'm organizing the Occupy Toronto Food Team. Our goal is to feed as many people as possible for the length of the occupation. We've received a tremendous response from volunteers and donors and it should continue for the foreseeable future!
- Since our goal is both pragmatic and time-sensitive we will likely be employing a more structured model than the rest of the occupation. "Structure" does imply both leadership and support and we will all take turns at both. Feeding a mass of people will be challenging and fun and we'll be doing a lot of learning in the process. To that end I propose the following guidelines:
- Lead by example
- Don't ask anyone to do something you wouldn't do yourself
- The persons who work the hardest make the rules
- Based on the feedback we've been getting it seems that our main rallying points will be Acquisition, Preparation, and Distribution. I propose we establish sub-committees based around these tasks.
- We will be starting simple, serving mostly bread and fruit. As we get a better handle on the situation we will expand to our ultimate goal which is on-site cooking and serving of complete hot meals. It will be a gradual process, and we will ramp up over time. If we all pull in the same direction we should get there quickly.
- Before we can proceed, we need some information from you in order to establish reasonable expectations:
- Name or Handle?
- If we've chatted before, what did we talk about (jog my memory)?
- How would you like to help (Acquisition, Preparation, and/or Distribution or Other)?
- Will you be setting up camp at the Occupation?
- Are you available for remote or online tasks?
- What is your availability like for Food related tasks (Days of week and hours)?
- How important is your anonymity (photos, quotes, media, etc)?
- Mobile Number?
- Do you have any siblings or children?
- Are you affiliated with or close to any other organizations that could help?
- Do you have any suggestions for the Food Team or Occupy Toronto more generally?
- Would you describe yourself as a "casual" or "hardcore" member of the Food Team?
- What food items, physical materials, or services will we need (everything you can think of)?
- I can always be reached at this email address or 416 725 XXXX. Don't be shy I am always happy to answer questions or take suggestions!
- Occupy Toronto Food Team
Occupy Toronto Food Team - Step 1
a guest Oct 9th, 2011 205 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data