a guest Jul 10th, 2008 407 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- (1) Copy these instructions into notepad.
- (2) Close Firefox.
- (3) Open up the file located at "PROFILE_DIRemail@example.com/chrome/content/findbarrx.xml" in notepad (or whatever). Before editing it, save a backup just in case things go awry.
- (4) Scroll down to about line 59 — you should see something like this:
- <content align="center" hidden="true">
- Insert a new line after that bit and paste the following:
- <xul:hbox anonid="findbar-container" class="findbar-container" flex="1" align="center">
- Then, scroll to line 107 (or something like that) and find the line that contains "</content>", which closes the tag that was started up above on line 59. Insert a new line just before the "</content>" line and paste the following:
- This just closes the <xul:hbox> tag we’ve created — makes everything nice and neat (and not broken).
- (5) File->Save. Open Firefox. Give it a whirl.
- (6) If this fix does not work for you, you *may* need to open up about:config and set "nglayout.debug.disable_xul_cache" to true and "nglayout.debug.disable_xul_fastload" to true. Restart Firefox after making these changes.
- (7) If it *still* doesn’t work, close Firefox and find the files XUL.mfl and XPC.mfl; if you have them, they would be located in the same directory as your Firefox internet cache directory. Rename them to XUL.mfl.bak and XPC.mfl.bak, respectively. If you can’t find either of these files, well... it looks like you got the short end of the lucky stick in life — your best options is to wait for an official release to come out.
RAW Paste Data