a guest Jan 13th, 2018 43 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- The following is a translation of the Manacraftu codex, a series of pictographic records
- found inscribed into obsidian tablets. The translator has taken care to organize the
- translation as accurately as possible.
- The tablets were recorded by one 'Turtle Belly' a 'Big Sky Caller' or shaman of a prehistoric
- branch of H. Sapiens Sapiens.
- Day One:
- No uktak(1), no people. Big storm, wash all away. Am in strange place. Noktua(2)? Nanakcha(3)
- Warm body, shows life. Ukli(4) did not take me to Matak(5). Must live. Nanakcha give life,
- will take life. First, make Ka(6).
- Chased Ubawi (7). Got much fur. Saw strange plant. Sweet, good magic. Nanakcha is good.
- Took tree, made tree cut magic, made stone cut magic. Will take much things. Will make
- fire magic, sing songs to Nanakcha. Show I am strong! Nanakcha goes to guide dead from
- Matak. Will stay in Ka.
- [Editor's Note: The following segment depicts the moon at its zenith, and is separated
- from the remainder of the text by primitive glyphs]
- Ukli come, brings demons! Bad Magic in this place. Otagu, Otagu(8)! Hid in Ka, Otagu come
- to door. With hands, broke Otagu. Have Kimu now(9). Is good. Make war on Otagu, war on Ukli.
- Nanakcha come soon... come much soon.
- 1. Warboat
- 2. No translation available
- 3. The Sun, synonymous with dominant deity.
- 4. Moon, the 'evil god'
- 5. No translation available, suspect 'land of dead' or 'hell'
- 6. A conical hut, see report J-16, paragraph 8
- 7. Depiction of a fur bearing creature, possible ancestor to modern sheep
- 8. Depiction of walking bones. Obviously some superstition of the people.
- 9. Arrows. Perhaps a metaphor for the construction of war tools?
RAW Paste Data