PokemonAreReal Feb 22nd, 2017 (edited) 290 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Welcome to ITT: Pokemon are real - otherwise known as the Pokemon roleplaying general or PAR. Although unfinished, this is the document containing all of the rules and general info needed to role-play within this thread (or the Discord, if you prefer). If I've forgotten anything specific that you need to know don't be afraid to ask, I'll be glad to add it to here after addressing your questions.
- GENERAL PREMISE:
- PAR takes place in a 4chan thread - that is to say, all of the characters are communicating with each other through the use of a thread unless they happen to be within physical proximity of each other. References to "sails/stucks" are simply groups of characters four or more.
- GENERAL RULES:
- When bringing in any plot that involves multiple regions or the majority populace of a single region we would ask that you run the plot by the GMs first.
- We would also ask that the Pokedestined characters only have the legendaries on their team that are mandatory catches in game, unless they discuss otherwise with the people roleplaying the legendaries in question.
- BANNED OBJECTS:
- There are several things we have banned from this role-play, the first being nukes. As a general rule the cut off for weapons technology is WWII or earlier, with a bit of wiggle room. Snag machines and any related technology have long since been banned from the role-play, but if you discuss the details with us beforehand we can, potentially, allow exceptions for plots.
- ABOUT ANTAGONISTS:
- So you want to play an antagonist. To make that fair to the other characters we ask that you cap the levels of their Pokemon at around 70, unless they happen to be the leader of an established antagonistic team. Anything higher than that and the majority of characters will be unable to participate in the plot and we'll be forced to stop our own plots to have the L10s fix things. In addition, refrain from having your antagonist's goals immediately be worldly domination/destruction - when you do this you immediately give every single character in the entire roleplay motivation to fuck you up.
- THE BATTLE SYSTEM:
- Evens hit, odds miss. Dubs are crits - odds dubs are a self hit. Anything higher than dubs is an OHKO. The attacks of major legendaries do splash damage for half of the actual damage when they miss.
- Battles with people who intend on killing you are the only ones where death is possible - you don't have to worry about dying to Brock's Steelix during a gym battle. In an aim to kill battle a hit of 400% of your max hp or more will result in death, with any OHKO resulting in severe injury.
- Damage calculations are taken from https://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/.
- League battles are typically done on PokemonShowdown as well, but it isn't necessary.
- ABOUT ARCEUS:
- The various plates of Arceus serve to GM the thread or occasionally bring in an amusing prank or temporary event. You typically won't see them, but the Arceuses(?) do have a hierarchy. Currently it is as follows:
- Normal/Pixie Plate Arceus "Raddad" > Flame Plate Arceus "Hotdad" > Spooky Plate Arceus "Spoopdad"
- ABOUT LEGENDARIES:
- The Major Legendaries (i.e.; all box legends) serve as minor GMs, mostly bringing in and managing plots rather than thread behavior. We no longer allow them to be caught unless it is part of one of their plot lines or has been discussed with them before hand.
- However, they are still characters, so don't be surprised if they interact with you outside of GM reasons.
- Minor Legendaries are not included under this and, presuming you can provide a good reason or do so over the course of a plot, can be caught.
- ABOUT MYTHICS (THAT AREN'T NAMED ARCEUS):
- Mythics are somewhere in between minor and major legendaries for power. Whatever their 'signature power' (or whatever) is, it must have a catch- for most Mythicals it's accuracy and/or some other chance for mistakes and messups, but some- like Jirachi- may not have control over their power, for example. They are typically used for plot rather than GM'ing.
- ABOUT THE DISCORD:
- Yes, we have a Discord - it's used for more action heavy roleplaying, OOC discussion, and voice chat. No, the link isn't getting put in the pastebin. If you want the link just ask practically anyone in the thread.
- ABOUT HATEBONER:
- Our resident shit-stirrer. However, please note that not every anon with a complaint is hateboner - there's a difference between an anon with a valid concern and someone trying to stir shit. We'd prefer if (You)s aren't fed to the shit-stirrers, please.
RAW Paste Data