- Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777-200 flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur was allegedly shot down by a group of Russian-backed Cossack militants near the village of Chornukhine, Luhansk Oblast, some 80 kilometers north-west of Donetsk, according to recordings of intercepted phone calls between Russian military intelligence officers and members of terrorist groups, released by the country’s security agency (SBU).
- One phone call apparently was made at 4:40 p.m. Kyiv time, or 20 minutes after the plane crash, by Igor Bezler, who the SBU says is a Russian military intelligence officer and leading commander of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic. He reports to a person identified by Ukraine’s SBU as a colonel in the main intelligence department of the general headquarters of the armed forces of the Russian Federation Vasili Geranin regarding the shot down plane, which is about to be examined by the militants.
- The second intercepted conversation released by the Security Service of Ukraine was apparently between militants nicknamed “Major” and “Greek” immediately upon inspection of the crash site.
- “It’s 100 percent a passenger (civilian) aircraft,” Major is recorded as saying, as he admitted to seeing no weapons on site. “Absolutely nothing. Civilian items, medicinal stuff, towels, toilet paper.”
- Read the full transcript of an intercepted phone call below:
- Igor Bezler: We have just shot down a plane. Group Minera. It fell down beyond Yenakievo (Donetsk Oblast).
- Vasili Geranin: Pilots. Where are the pilots?
- IB: Gone to search for and photograph the plane. Its smoking.
- VG: How many minutes ago?
- IB: About 30 minutes ago.
- SBU comment: After examining the site of the plane the terrorists come to the conclusion that they have shot down a civilian plane. The next part of the conversation took place about 40 minutes later.
- “Major”: These are Chernukhin folks who shot down the plane. From the Chernukhin check point. Those cossacks who are based in Chernukhino.
- “Grek”: Yes, Major.
- "Major": The plane fell apart in the air. In the area of Petropavlovskaya mine. The first “200” (code word for dead person). We have found the first “200”. A Civilian.
- “Greek”: Well, what do you have there?
- “Major”: In short, it was 100 percent a passenger (civilian) aircraft.
- “Greek”: Are many people there?
- “Major”: Holy sh__t! The debris fell right into the yards (of homes).
- “Greek”: What kind of aircraft?
- “Major”: I haven’t ascertained this. I haven’t been to the main sight. I am only surveying the scene where the first bodies fell. There are the remains of internal brackets, seats and bodies.
- “Greek”: Is there anything left of the weapon?
- “Major”: Absolutely nothing. Civilian items, medicinal stuff, towels, toilet paper.
- “Greek”: Are there documents?
- “Major”: Yes, of one Indonesian student. From a university in Thompson.
a guest Jul 17th, 2014 4,892 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data