AetherFest Anti-Discrimination/Harrassment Policy
- AetherFest is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, and so forth. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Conference participants found to be in violation of this policy may be sanctioned or expelled from the convention without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
- Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, and so forth, sexual and ultra-violent images in non-condoned public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
- Vendors, guests, programming participants, staff, and volunteers and/or any engaged in similar activities are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, the aforementioned should not use sexualized and/or ultra-violent images, activities, or other material unless condoned.
- If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the convention organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the convention with no refund. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of convention staff immediately. Convention staff can be identified by t-shirts and/or special badges.
- Convention staff will be happy to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the convention. We value your attendance and wish to make it clear that AetherFest is for everyone and such elements that wish to make it otherwise will not be tolerated.
- Exception: Discussion or images related to sex, pornography, discriminatory language, ultra-violence or similar is welcome if it meets all of the following criteria: (a) the organizers have specifically granted permission in writing, (b) it is necessary to the topic of discussion and no alternative exists, (c) it is presented in a respectful manner, especially towards women, LGBTQIA people, POC, and all other minority groups (d) attendees are warned in advance in the program and respectfully given ample warning and opportunity to leave beforehand. This exception specifically does not allow use of gratuitous sexual and/or ultra-violent images as attention-getting devices or unnecessary examples. A rating system similar to the American Film Rating System will be used and provide in all programming and event listings to help attendees decide which programming items and events are right for them.
- We expect participants to follow these rules at all convention venues and convention-related social events.
RAW Paste Data