a guest Sep 9th, 2018 4 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Here is the base image with controller support download. Unzip if needed. You must use this image. It was compiled for Retropie on the Tinker Board. Other images will not work.
- Download and use this image:
- EMMc: Plug your Tinkerboard S into your pc and write to it with win32diskimager or etcher. Once done unplug and move to your tv. Sometimes at first boot the screen will be black.
- SD Card: put your SD Card into your PC and write to it with win32diskimager or etcher. Once finished put it in your Tinker Board, and set it up on your tv. Sometimes at first boot the screen will be black.
- That’s ok, just SSH in as root and copy and paste the lines below.
- Open up putty
- Host: tinkerboard
- User: root
- Password: 1234
- Follow on screen prompts. Log in as root and Setup new user. I suggest pi so you can use some stuff from you pi3b/b+ setups. Though you can name it what you want.
- Reboot and ssh in with new user
- Get the Modified setup.sh
- sudo wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MySora/Armbian-Setup-for-RetroPie/master/setup.sh
- Don’t forget to to make it so any user can use it (777) and make it executable (a+x)
- sudo chmod 777 setup.sh
- sudo chmod a+x setup.sh
- Now Run it
- bash setup.sh
- Then follow the on screen prompts
- Ssh in again this time use your <user> and password you entered.
- sudo ~/RetroPie-Setup/retropie_setup.sh
- EMMc: go to manage packages -> Core packages ->
- Install all from source
- After that install ppsspp from optional packages then go back to main packages and install them all.
- The reason we do it this way is because ppsspp takes around 10gb to compile. Once it’s done it’s less than a gb. Also note not all emulators will install. If they don’t remember to clear the source folder to remove the wasted space from that temp build folder.
- SD Card bigger than 16gb: basic install is fine.
- Install extra emulators
- Note: some emulators will not install. ppsspp needs like 10gb to compile from source
- Install drivers for controllers if needed. Manage packages-> drivers-> <what you need>
- Xpad is always good to have. There is also a Xbox driver and a PS3 driver. The PS3 driver works. I use them on my Tinker Board.
- Don’t forget to go into configuration/tools -> boot options -> And set emulationstation to start at boot.
- You will be greeted by the controller setup after reboot. Enjoy.
- Additional notes:
- Use armbian-config To set up WiFi
- sudo armbian-config
- I suggest you set the run-command to performance. RetroPie setup -> mandage packages -> core -> runcommand -> cpu -> set for performance.
- Splash screens are not part of the the supported set up. But you can install them with a few little tricks I found.
- Snowy screen. SSH and update while connected to the screen you are using make sure Tv is on.
- sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y upgrade
- Tank your build and want to re-flash the eMMc?
- Refer to your manual and get the Tinker 2.0.7 os from Asus.
- Write the image to an sd card, switch the jumper to eMMc recovery. Boot device by plugging it into the pc. This should reset your eMMc and you can write to it again.
- I then used a partition tool to repartition and formatted to fat32. Then I unplugged it and removed the sd card. Plugged it back in to my pc and rewrote the eMMc with win32diskimager. Refer to other online sources from Asus on this subject I only did it once.
RAW Paste Data