a guest Mar 19th, 2019 57 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Step 1 – First of all, install the putty tools on your Linux system using below command.
- $ sudo apt-get install putty-tools
- Step 2 – Now, convert the ppk file to pem file using puttygen command line tool.
- $ puttygen server1.ppk -O private-openssh -o server1.pem
- Step 3 – Change the .pem file permissions. Set the read-only permissions to the owner of the file, remove any permission to group and other. Other wise ssh will refuse this key for use.
- $ chmod 400 server1.pem
- Step 4 – Finally, connect to your remote Linux server with ssh using this pem key.
- $ ssh -i server1.pem firstname.lastname@example.org
RAW Paste Data