- <p>Hi fellow slashdot readers-</p>
- <p>Many slashdot readers have complained over the past few years that the Slashdot moderation system is broken. Now I think I know why. I've been a Slashdot participant since the 1990s, and used to have a low-numbered account. I don't like censorship. A lot. I was surprised and offended when I discovered active censorship happening right on slashdot. Read on for details.</P>
- <p>A few days ago I tried to post an interesting story to Slashdot called <a href="http://cryptome.org/2012/07/gent-forum-spies.htm">"The Gentleperson's Guide To Forum Spies"</a>. The article was written by an ex-COINTELPRO spy, and describes in explicit detail how agents control and manipulate Internet forums. So, I tried to post this story and discovered that each time I posted it some Slashdot editor would quickly (within 3 minutes) delete the story before it came to the atention of other editors or readers. Someone on the Slashdot editorial board does NOT want Slashdot readership to learn the techniques used to control an internet forum. Note that these techniques only work so long as the readership remains IGNORANT of how they work. A little forensic investigation by someone with DB access will even show <i>which</i> editor(s) repeatedly deleted this story on 18 July 2012. Honest editors are smart enough to figure out what to about COINTELPRO infiltrator editors. Given that I have a natural dislike of censorship, I'm trying a different tactic to expose my fellow Slashdot readers to this censored content. </p>
- <p>Here's <b>a challenge to my fellow geeks:</b> Try to post the above story, <a href="http://cryptome.org/2012/07/gent-forum-spies.htm">"The Gentleperson's Guide To Forum Spies"</a> to Slashdot, or any other Internet forum of your choice. Here it is on pastebin http://pastebin.com/wZEizYeY . See what happens. I'm just one person, and I've just about given up trying to fight state-sponsored censorship. HOWEVEVER, if LOTS of Slashdot readers try to post this story, to slashdot and other forums, then the infiltrator editors, whom I guess are a small but active minority, will be in a bind. If they repeatedly block the story, over and over, when many people try to post it, then they give away what they are doing. If they let the story run (I guess they'll choose that option), then we all become better informed about how the process works. Expect them to use the various techniques described (e.g. Forum Sliding, Full Control) to minimize viewer eyeballs and discredit the message, if they do let it run. Watch for this, and nail them to the wall with your posts when they do it. </p>
- <p>To make things easy for you I've prepared the story and posted it to pastebin, as I tried and failed to post it. Feel free to use my version, or change it around as you wish. Here it is again on Pastebin: <a href="http://pastebin.com/wZEizYeY">http://pastebin.com/wZEizYeY</a> . Please, fellow slashdot geeks who also abhor censorship, help me on this one. If we geeks can't even regain control of our own forum, then the cause of truth is lost, and the censors win. I have been informed that I will be punished for distributing this information (I don't know just how, yet, but expect I'll find out - it has already begun), and am willing to accept the probable consequences. Readers please note, also, that Wikileaks was founded to combat exactly this sort of censorship, and has been effectively marginalized as a result. I was slightly involved in Wikileaks, too, so I expect to be doubly punished. See my old Slashdot posts for details on that last bit. If my Slashdot account, energyscholar, has not been deleted or messed with.</p>
- <p>It's a safe bet that <b>this</b> post will be forum-slid (Technique #1) or deleted (Technique #6) very quickly, so count yourself lucky if you were able to read it. I've also posted THIS post to pastebin http://pastebin.com/g4Ub1Ty9 . This post will presumably come to the attention of any agents trying to control this forum, and they will presumably use the techniques described to obfuscate or eliminate this post. So, before you reply, please READ AND UNDERSTAND what those techniques are. Learn to recognize them. If you have the gonads for it, then collaborate with friends and try to post the story. The more people who participate, the easier it will be for all of us. </p>
- <p>My identity: I am Bruce Stephenson, energyscholar, currently residing at 1530 SE Alexander, Corvallis, OR 97333. The spies punishing me know who I am, so there's no harm telling everyone else, too. I will still be able to receive paper letters, but my online accounts are under assault as I write this. I'm hoping my fellow geeks will raise the Standard of Truth, after I fall. I may go silent after posting this. </p>
Censored slashdot post
a guest Jul 21st, 2012 4,472 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data
Pastebin PRO Summer Special!
Get 60% OFF on Pastebin PRO accounts!
Get 60% OFF on Pastebin PRO accounts!