- ---How to Encrypt Files---
- Hello! I understand a lot of people do not yet currently understand how to
- Encrypt Mib files, so I created this quick guide to help. It is a very simple process,
- and nobody should be left out of creating fun! You will first need to install all of
- the programs on: http://www.vutales.com/blog/2504/Creating-Custom-MH4U-Quests and will
- need to download the pre-decrypted files provided by APM at http://puu.sh/iNEwp/76e14e05c2.zip
- 1. Go to the mhef Folder.
- 2. Enter to the 'Examples' folder.
- 3. Enter the 'n3ds' folder.
- 4. In here you will see dlc.py, which is what we will be using.
- 5. Right click + Shift at once on the folder, and click 'Open Command Window Here'
- 6. Enter this command into the command window: python dlc.py e m(file # you will be using).mib Em(same file # as before).mib
- 7. A new file will be created in the folder, which will be called Em(file # you just used).mib
- 8. The original unencrypted file will be kept, so you can use it in case you need to make further edits.
- 9. Remove the 'E' from the mib file you just created, and Hazzah! Now you have an encrypted file!
- ---How to Upload Files you have already encrypted---
- The next step in playing your Custom Quest is actually downloading the file,
- which I will discuss here.
- 1. First, you need to upload your mib file you just created on puush.
- 2. Assuming you downloaded it from the link provided earlier, be sure that puush is on
- and right click it's icon at the bottom right of your screen, at the task
- bar. It will be a small arrow.
- 3. Click 'Upload a file' and select your encrypted mib file.
- 4. Puush will now upload your file and copy the link for you.
- 5. Turn on SKFU proxy, which should have been downloaded with the link provided earlier.
- 6. Click the https rules tab.
- 7. In the target box, paste the link puush just copied for you.
- 8. In the Source tab, enter this: http://goshawk.capcom.co.jp/3ds/mh4g_us_/m(file # you are using).mib
- 9. If you are from Europe, replace 'us' in that with 'eu'.
- 10. Now, before you click Start on the bottom right, make sure your 3ds is set for
- SKFUproxy's settings. If you did not do this, continue on with the guide, if
- you already did, then skip to step #22.
- 11. On the bottom left of SKFUproxy, you will see a Proxy IP and a Proxy Port.
- 12. Turn on your N3DS XL/3DS/2DS, and click System Settings
- 13. Click Internet settings.
- 14. Click Connection Settings.
- 15. Click your current connection.
- 16. Click change settings.
- 17. Click the arrow on the right.
- 18. Click Proxy Settings.
- 19. Click Yes, and then click 'Detailed Setup'.
- 20. Enter the Proxy IP on SKFUproxy into the 'Proxy Server' tab, and the 'Proxy Port'
- into the Port 'Port' tab.
- 21. Click ok, then click save. When asked to perform a connection test, click 'No'.
- 22. Click start on SKFUproxy. If you want to double check, you can go back and have
- it ask if you want to perform a connection test again while the proxy is on.
- 23. Now, go to the DLC section in MH4u.
- 24. Go to event quests, and check the file you edited. It may look the same as before and
- say it has already been downloaded, but check it regardless and then download it again.
- 25. After that is downloaded, enter the game and find where you put your quest.
- 26. Start it up, and enjoy!
a guest Jul 15th, 2015 4,460 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data