a guest Sep 18th, 2019 102 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- # The idea
- We developed an application management system for deploying and configuring
- our webapplications. I want to show some userland highlights, our technical
- details, and explain some of our ideas/visions.
- ## The end result
- I would like to start with userland, showing how to instantiate an application,
- and doing some configuration. I`ll show a simple donation page, login into
- "my account", and the CRM. Each of our customers have their own subdomain,
- they can have as many applications they want and configure it as they please.
- ## My develop process
- I start with a wireframes to smoke out as many aspects as possible. Then I
- create the frontend with dummy data, and communicate with colleagues/customers
- through screenshots, hoping for confirmation or early adjustments. Moving on
- I do screen capture video for showing work-in-progress. And when it is done I
- often create a video to show how it works, that saves me a lot of waisted time.
- ## System architecture
- Filestructure, database model (with json fields), since everything is dynamic,
- we have to take the url to the database and ask what application it is, and
- what modules/features are configured for it. Nothing is hardcoded :-)
- ## What we have got nice feedback on
- Early involvment through wireframing, sneak peek through screen capture videos,
- easy configuration (checkboxes, dropdowns, drag&drap, WYSIWYG etc), easy AND
- ## My focus as a system architect
- "It should just work" is my mantra, and want a lot of wow`s. We have a lot
- of focus on readable code (naming things, type declaration, docblock/comments,
- PSR's). I want business logic and complicated code as deep down in the stack
- as possible.
- ## Who is the talk targeted at?
- Beginners will get some tecnical tips & trix, and seniors/architects will
- get some ideas that can be used in their next project.
- ## Required knowledge
- will help. And it is Symfony based, but that is not important.
- ## Buzzwords
- Symfony, Twig, Oracle, Json, dynamic programming, UX, multilanguage,
- multitenancy, wireframing, screen capture video
- ## Biography
- I began programming Perl/CGI back in 2000: guestbooks and image galleries :-)
- I did Java for 5 years, and began with PHP for sideprojects in 2003. Then I had
- several years in .Net world at work, but still using PHP for sideprojects,
- and 6 years ago a found a fulltime work writing PHP. I have been a IT teacher,
- and I have been IT responsible, so usable programmes, that are easy to upgrade,
- maintain og customize is important for me. Running my own company have teached
- me to have focus on economy, we are at work to make profit... My current
- possition is developer, teamleder and architect at ProFundo (offering Saas
- for none-profit organisations). After PHP UK conference 5 years ago I
- started a PHP UG: Kristiansand PHP (@coderabbi did a great talk about
RAW Paste Data