- Forty votes in a day, on Stack Overflow,
- was leaving me winded, tired and slow.
- A Boater, no more, I thought to appear,
- when a horrible sound came forth to my ear.
- A yodel, it's called, in mountainous lands,
- often heard solo (sometimes in a band).
- Away from my desk I swiftly did move,
- I saw what I could not, would not approve.
- "Oh the Horror!" I cried, fraught with dismay,
- three shiny diamonds, heading this way.
- t'was Anna, Tim Post, and Shog shortly after,
- but only their heads, eyes full of laughter.
- I pleaded for mercy, judging them kind,
- but all I received was a status-declined.
- My posts are all gone now, lost to the stack.
- I just don't see how I'll ever bounce back.
- I stumble through days, weeks, in a daze,
- hoping for upvotes or even just praise.
- I no longer review, or edit a post,
- for I've seen their fury, closer than most.
- The moral, you ask? Well, it's quite clear.
- When you see a diamond, see it with fear.
- Remember my story, remember it true.
- One day, who knows? It could happen to you.
I want a mug!
a guest Dec 18th, 2013 127 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data