- From: SiteGround <email@example.com>
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Illegal activity through your website detected
- Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 23:54:03 -0600 (12/11/2010 06:54:03 AM)
- Dear Pablo,
- SiteGround has received a complaint from its upstream provider - SoftLayer, that some illegal activity has been performed through your website.
- The infringing material is located at:
- You can find the complaint we have received at the bottom of this message.
- We are very much aware of the inconvenience this issue may cause you, so we would like to take a moment and explain the reasons for our actions: as you know, your account is hosted on a shared hosting server and thus sharing the resources of the server with other customers' accounts. When some illegal activity performed through a shared hosting account is detected, we must take immediate actions to stop that activity, otherwise we risk having the whole server unplugged. And we cannot allow the entire hosting server with hundreds of accounts on it to be unplugged because of one single account.
- This is why the above explained precaution was absolutely necessary.
- We believe the illegal activity through your account is a result of vulnerable software on your local computer. For relevant information about similar problems please read this article
- In order to continue using your account with us you have to:
- - Update your antivirus software and perform a complete scan on your computer. For extra security we can disable your ftp access if you don't use it.
- Upon completion of the above you will have to contact us to re-activate your account. Then you will have to:
- - Change your cPanel password which is also your main FTP password. This can be done from your Customer's area, My accounts
- - Delete all files / folders mentioned as infringing above. This can be done through your cPanel, File Manager. We can also do it for you.
- Once we confirm all steps are followed properly, we can consider this case resolved.
- If you fail to complete any of the above steps your account will remain suspended and deleted after 30 calendar days.
- Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Bojan A.
- --- EMAIL COMPLAINT COPY STARTS HERE ---
- SoftLayer Security has identified the following TOS/AUP VIOLATION in reference to an IP hosted on your server. A description of the violation is listed below or attached to this ticket for your review. Please disable or remove this activity immediately as it is direct abuse of the network services and a violation of your TOS and AUP. Failure to resolve this issue in an expeditious manner could lead to service interruption for this server. Please update this ticket with resolution to this issue. We thank you in advance for your quick action and cooperation.
- We require a resolution to this matter within 4 hours.
- wikileaks.lainconscienciadepablo.net 18.104.22.168
- --- EMAIL COMPLAINT COPY ENDS HERE ---
- Please do NOT reply to this email. You can add comments on this issue by logging to your Customer Area (https://www.siteground.com/login_page.htm) and accessing the ticket that has been automatically open on your behalf in connection to this case.
a guest Dec 11th, 2010 372 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data