a guest Jan 31st, 2017 93 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- To find out the number of trees in a small wood, and if trees are
- in rows, you can count every one or (say) every fifth one and work
- out the total. If rows are not obvious sample your wood by
- randomly locating square plots of 10 x
- 10 m. Mark the corners and count the trees inside the plot. For a 2 ha (5 acre) wood lay out 10
- plots, for a 5 ha (12 acre) wood 15 plots should do unless the wood
- is very variable. Now calculate the average number of trees per
- plot, multiply by 100 to discover the number of trees per hectare,
- and then multiply by your wood’s total area for the total number
- of trees.
RAW Paste Data