[TLH/SinKid] The Breakup
Warden-Sigma Aug 13th, 2018 (edited) 24 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- "Lincoln... do you have a moment?"
- Lincoln looked up from his desk, placing his pen to one side. Ronnie Anne, his wife, was standing in the doorway. "I do."
- Ronnie Anne stepped into the room, a repurposed closet used as Lincoln's work room, and closed the door.
- "Is... something wrong?"
- Ronnie Anne sighed, her breath a little shaky. "I... I want you to tell me about your nieces."
- His heart skipped a beat as a wave of anxiety struck him. "What do you wanna know?"
- "Are they... are they *really* your nieces?"
- "O-of course they are, why...? What are you thinking?"
- "You see, Linc, I would believe you, but..." Anothet shaky sigh. "I've noticed a pattern. And so has Toby." She began to pace. "Every so often you go and spend some time with one of your sisters for a while, which is fair. About a few months later, I find out that sometimes they're pregnant. Then, about nine months after you visit them, they have a child. Now, I dunno about you, but that seems like one hell of a coincidence."
- Lincoln watched her pace.
- "So, I start asking them." She let out a single, mirthless laugh. "And you know what? *Almost all* of them either can't remember or won't say who the father is. So I start putting the pieces together, and I think-"
- "You think they're my kids."
- Ronnie Anne stumbled on the rest of her sentence. "Wh...?"
- He sighed, turning on his chair to face her. "I hate to say this, but it's true."
- Ronnie Anne stared at him in stunned silence.
- "I've been thinking of telling you ever since... well, a while now. But I was afraid of how you'd react, all for completely justifiable reasons, but self-preservation won over honesty." He looked up at her. "You... seem to be taking this remarkably well."
- "Of course I am." She chuckled, strained and obviously faked. "I-I mean, I just found out my husband had sex with his own sisters and had children with them, why wouldn't I be fine?" She asked through gritted teeth.
- "Okay, I can tell you're upset-"
- "Ya think?!" She nearly yelled, her jaw still clamped. She loosened up, sighing. "Look... I am fucking *furious* with you. But... I don't want to have an outburst. Not while the kids are around."
- "So, what now?"
- "I think... I think I need... *we* need some time apart."
- Lincoln looked up at her. She was on the verge of tears. Not that he was faring much better. "I... As much as I don't want to be apart, it's probably for the best."
- "I'll... I won't be the asshole mom who doesn't let their kids see their father. Toby and Rochelle have done nothing to deserve it." Her face went stern. "But I want you out in a month at the latest."
- "I can manage that." He sighed. "So, what do we tell the kids?"
- "We should break the news to them. One of us should."
- "I'll do it. It's my fault, I should be the one to tell them."
- Ronnie Anne chuckled sadly. "Always the heroic one." She wiped her tears away. "Whenever you're ready."
- Lincoln, getting up, approached Ronnie Anne, and extended a hand to brush her cheek. She moved away from his touch, her hands on his chest to stop him getting closer.
- "No... Not until we've worked through this."
- Lincoln sighed, letting his hand drop. "Yeah... sorry, Ronnie Anne."
- "You better be." She lightly punched him in the shoulder, a slight smile on her face. "But seriously, I need some time."
- Lincoln nodded, and stepped past her to leave. He turned to face her one last time, before stepping out and closing the door behind him.
- He paused for a while, the sound of quiet sobbing behind the door.
- Lincoln turned to face the voice. His 13-year-old son, Toby, was looking at him with concern.
- "Are you okay?"
- "Yeah..." He wiped his own tears away. "Listen... there's something I need to tell you guys."
RAW Paste Data