a guest Aug 10th, 2018 49 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- # works on Mac OS X and Linux. haven't tried BSD. obviously windows is out.
- import os
- import subprocess
- import signal
- def get_tty_fg():
- # make a new process group within the same session as the parent. we
- # do this so that if the user hits ctrl-c, etc in the curses program
- # that's about to be exec'd, the SIGINT and friends won't be sent to
- # the parent.
- # don't stop the process when we get SIGTTOU. since this is now in a
- # background process group, SIGTTOU will be sent to this process when
- # we call tcsetpgrp(), below. the default action when receiving that
- # signal is to stop (process mode T).
- hdlr = signal.signal(signal.SIGTTOU, signal.SIG_IGN)
- # open a file handle to the current tty
- tty = os.open('/dev/tty', os.O_RDWR)
- # ask for our new process group to be the foreground one on the
- # controlling tty.
- os.tcsetpgrp(tty, os.getpgrp())
- # replace the old signal handler to minimize the chance of the child
- # getting confused by a non-standard starting signal table.
- signal.signal(signal.SIGTTOU, hdlr)
- def spawn_pager(path):
- # should always allow users to configure their own pager. "pager" by
- # itself is a better default than less on Debian-based systems, but
- # that's not everywhere. Best default to "less" for maximum
- # compatibility.
- pager = os.environ.get('PAGER', 'less')
- # if your calling process also expects to use the tty, you'll need to
- # do some extra stuff here to stop using it and handle SIGTTOU, SIGHUP,
- # and possibly SIGTTIN, as appropriate, until the child is done.
- # run with our tty-foreground code in the child before exec'ing the
- # pager. return the pager process object.
- return subprocess.Popen([pager, path], preexec_fn=get_tty_fg)
RAW Paste Data