ShadyartisanArya Sep 14th, 2018 53 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- The Disciple
- Oscar Wilde
- When Narcissus died the pool of his pleasure changed from a cup of
- sweet waters into a cup of salt tears, and the Oreads came weeping
- through the woodland that they might sing to the pool and give it
- And when they saw that the pool had changed from a cup of sweet
- waters into a cup of salt tears, they loosened the green tresses of
- their hair and cried to the pool and said, 'We do not wonder that
- you should mourn in this manner for Narcissus, so beautiful was
- 'But was Narcissus beautiful?' said the pool.
- 'Who should know that better than you?' answered the Oreads. 'Us
- did he ever pass by, but you he sought for, and would lie on your
- banks and look down at you, and in the mirror of your waters he
- would mirror his own beauty.'
- And the pool answered, 'But I loved Narcissus because, as he lay on
- my banks and looked down at me, in the mirror of his eyes I saw
- ever my own beauty mirrored.'
RAW Paste Data