a guest May 16th, 2018 81 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Top tier - low effort and high confidence:
- 1. Practice basic hygiene.
- 2. Sleep enough and at consistent times.
- 3. Eat enough and at consistent times.
- 4. Exercise. Any beats none by a large margin.
- 5. When criticizing someone, include at least as much praise as criticism, and ideally twice as much.
- 6. Assume close relationships are at least twice as valuable as they seem, and protect them at great cost.
- High tier - either moderate effort or moderate confidence:
- 1. Make a special effort to remember people's names.
- 2. When attending a social gathering with new people, bring a small communal gift.
- 3. Focus on gratitude on a regular, ideally ritual basis.
- 4. Set short term goals and celebrate meeting them.
- 5. Consider complaining expensive - if you have the willpower to avoid it, you probably should, and if you do it with a low social balance, try to make some effort to pay off the resulting social debt.
- 6. Try not to talk more than twice as much as whoever is talking the least in a group setting, unless you are in some sort of privileged position that requires it.
- 7. Eat whatever foods are considered healthy this decade.
- 8. Try not to feel very guilty or anxious about unendorsed thoughts.
- Mid tier/conditional - either highly uncertain, really difficult, or only subject to certain conditions:
- 1. If you are low on energy, consider using caffeine.
- 2. If you have a hard time sleeping, consider using melatonin to set your schedule.
- 3. If you are unsure about your mental health, err on the side of seeking professional help, especially if you've never tried before or met with success when you've tried before.
- 4. Pay attention to when you want to talk about money, romantic success, or other status indices, and do so with care.
- 5. If you're ruminating a lot, try cognitive behavioral therapy techniques, journaling, or both.
- 6. If you're having an argument in public, consider the possibility that it might be better to have it in private. If it isn't better to have it in private, consider stopping immediately.
- 7. If you're at a life stage where you think new romantic partners may be permanent, especially if you hope to be monogamous, talk about finances and children early.
- 8. Use humor and candor to admit your limitations and mistakes.
RAW Paste Data