- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
- Hash: SHA1
- ___ __
- / _ \ / _|
- _ __ _ __| | | | |_
- | '_ \| '__| | | | _|
- | |_) | | | |_| | |
- | .__/|_| \___/|_|
- | |
- ___ _ _ ____ ____ ____ _ ___
- | |__| |___ | __ |__/ | | \
- | | | |___ |__] | \ | |__/ .
- ____ ___ _ ____ _ ___ ____ _ ____ ____ ____ _ _ ___ _ ____ ____
- |__| | \ | | __ | | |__| | |___ |__/ | | |\ | | | |___ |__/
- | | |__/ | |__] | | | | |___ | | \ |__| | \| | | |___ | \
- So, early this morning I was linked to an article about SCADA pumps from someone in IRC.
- This article was located here:
- My eyes were drawn, nary, pulled, to a particular quote.
- 'In an email sent several hours after this article was first published, DHS spokesman Peter Boogaard wrote: "DHS and the FBI are gathering facts surrounding the report of a water pump failure in Springfield Illinois. At this time there is no credible corroborated data that indicates a risk to critical infrastructure entities or a threat to public safety."'
- This was stupid. You know. Insanely stupid. I dislike, immensely, how the DHS tend to downplay how absolutely FUCKED the state of national infrastructure is.
- I've also seen various people doubt the possibility an attack like this could be done.
- So, y'know.
- The city of South Houston has a really insecure system. Wanna see? I know ya do.
- These are also archived here:
- I'm not going to expose the details of the box. No damage was done to any of the machinery; I don't really like mindless vandalism. It's stupid and silly.
- On the other hand, so is connecting interfaces to your SCADA machinery to the Internet. I wouldn't even call this a hack, either, just to say. This required almost no skill and could be reproduced by a two year old with a basic knowledge of Simatic.
- Greetz to a select group of big heckers. You know who you are.
- My public key is located here pastebin.com/fAa4uZDx and somewhere on pastebay. Useitfgts.
- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
- Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
- -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
a guest Nov 18th, 2011 48,288 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data