a guest Nov 19th, 2019 101 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- [quote='DaRkReD' pid='30644792' dateline='1361083934']
- FIRST AND FOREMOST DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME YOU WILL GET A [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-88_HARM]HARM MISSILE[/url] SHOT AT YOU
- I am not responsible for what you choose to do with this information
- Today we will learn the basics of putting together a basic electronic warfare device that can simulate the lock and guidance radar from a beam riding surface to air missile.
- [i]What is beam riding?[/i] Beam riding missile is a missile that consists of two parts, a radar station and a missile. The radar station "paints" a beam of radar onto a target and then signals the missile to launch, the missile then trys to stay in the center of the beam of radar, as the target moves the base station radar simply "repaints" the target and the missile adjusts course accordingly. These types of missiles are still in use by many militarties around the world such, one such missile of the beam rider type is the RBS-70 which is standard issue to the Swedish military. Figure 1.1 shows exactly how it works
- Figure 1.1 - Beam riding missile locking on taken from http://dynlab.mpe.nus.edu.sg/mpelsb/mdts/GW2n2003.pdf
- [i]How do we plan to replicate such a missile lock?[/i] Well we are going to use 2.4ghz signal with sufficient power.
- Where would I find a 2.4ghz transmitter?[/i] Well go down to your kitchen and grab your microwave, because thats what we will be taking apart.
- Now to the tutorial:
- [b]Step 1. Get the parts[/b] - I haven no official bill of materials for this so assume you need one microwave + everything in schematic
- [b]Step 2. Take apart microwave[/b] - Try not to break it, here is a chart detailing the various currents for microwaves
- [code]Oven Manufacturer Operating Current (mA)
- Litton 160 − 300
- Sharp 200 − 450
- Tappan 250 − 325
- Whirlpool 240 − 300
- Sanyo 200 − 270
- Amana RC−10 400 − 500 (1,000 Watts)
- Litton 70−40 600 − 650 (1,000 Watts)
- Litton 80−50 600 − − (1,300 Watts)
- Litton 550 500 − 600 (1,300 Watts)
- Sharp R−22 350 − 450 (1,000 Watts)[/code]
- [b]Step 3. Assemble schematic[/b] - You will need some serious electronic skills here so this is not for the faint of heart, you will be soldering and making protoboards. The schematic can be found here
- http://bayimg.com/IAJBmAAel - Warning, this is a very large and high detail image do not try to load this on a slow connection
- [b]Step 4. Enjoy Device[/b] - It is done, plug it in and shoot stuff with it.
- [i]Great, now I have a super high powered microwave gun. What do I do with it?[/i] Well as intended you can use it to simulate a SAM lock on some systems such as the AN/APR-39 (Used on blackhawk helicopters). Or you could shoot things with it and cook them, please dont cook people or animals that is just mean.
- [b]How it works:[/b] This works by over volting a microwave magnetron for short periods of time to produce high powered 2.45ghz waves. A high powered 2.45ghz blast looks very similar to that of radar painting a target for a missile.
- [b]The Idea:[/b] The Idea for this system was that of the yugoslavians when they were fighting NATO in the 90's (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/792557/posts) . They took old microwaves and rigged them so they would emit microwaves with the door open this caused NATO to waste 1 million dollar HARM missiles on $100 microwaves a fair trade if you ask me. The concept behind my schematic file is that by boosting the voltage going to the magnetron the microwave will increase its output and cook food faster as well as jam at a further distance.
- Techanical notes:[/b]
- [*]This may explode - you are overvolting a microwave, if it arcs across the microwave transformer it will fry the microwave best case or it could blow up so wear safety glasses, get a large microwave transformer or find one coated with an insulator to prevent arcing
- [*]This is dangerous - You will be working with high voltage,high amperage and lethal microwave rays
- [*]Do not aim at people - You can cook them, water's resonant frequncy is around 2.4ghz and you are made of water.
- [*]Missile Warning - If you are stupid enough to aim this at anything military. They have a missile called a HARM that locks onto radar sites just like the one you just built
- [b]Suggested Reading/Sources of Information[/b]
- Have fun!
- [size=xx-large]TL;DR - Rig a microwave to emit with door open, point at jets, hope for best.[/size]
- [u][b]ONCE AGAIN: I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT YOU DO WITH THIS. DONT BE AN IDIOT WITH IT![/b][/u]
RAW Paste Data