Feb 12th, 2018
- What follows is a brief and necessary update to respond to allegations against us and our community.
- Bitgrail Srl reiterates that all the coins, with the exception of NANO (of which about 20% remain), are safe.
- All previous bugs of the exchange that led to minor losses in other currencies (ETH for example) were obviously solved and taken care of weeks / months ago.
- The hack on NANO does not concern any of these other issues. In this case, as already mentioned several times, theft was involved.
- We reiterate that we have filed a regular complaint with the competent authorities, reporting the information regarding the hackers and the exploited bugs (not attributable to our software).
- We will not give detailed technical information on the theft publicly.
- As stated, there are ongoing investigations and those required will receive all necessary data, tools and our full cooperation.
- We do not believe that social networks are the right place to conduct investigations as - due to this happening overseas -
- - the NANO Dev Team that has, deliberately, accused the CEO of BitGrail Srl of wanting to cover up the incident.
- Accusations that as a result endangers the life of the exchange in question and its CEO.
- For this reason we have filed a further complaint for aggravated defamation in the press (as the newspapers all over the world have reported their defamatory statements) against the developers of NANO.
- As you could read from the chat disclosed without authorization by the Dev Team of NANO, in recent days we have been confronted with Colin LeMahieu and Zack Shapiro to find a solution to this situation.
- The CEO of BitGrail Srl has proposed a fork as a hypothetical solution in order to return the stolen coins to their legitimate owners.
- The reaction of the two DEVs of NANO was unexpectedly of total closure of dialogue.
- It is therefore impossible for us to evaluate other possible solutions by mutual agreement.
- Please note that up until the day before the incident, we had daily contact with Zack Shapiro on issues related to NANO and BitGrail.
- Returning to our site, the reason why, temporarily, the main features of the exchange (trading, deposits and withdrawals) are disabled is solely for legal aspects being defined .
- Finally, we have a recovery plan ready to communicate as soon as we are sure of its legal and accounting feasibility.
- Further press releases will follow shortly.
- Thanks for the attention.
- Bitgrail Srl
Please, Sign In to add comment