scoute guide by sla/sh
a guest Sep 21st, 2019 123 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- // DO NOT REPOST THIS, THIS GUIDE IS STRICTLY FOR FRIENDS OF SLA/SH, WRITTEN FOR W3B.
- // THIS GUIDE IS SHORT AND SWEET.
- // THIS IS COMING FROM A 700 HRS SCOUT MAIN.
- // INTRODUCTION TO SCOUT AND HIS ABILITIES
- /The Arts of Movement/ may be hard to come becouse it's subjective. But it's quite easy to master once you get the general hang of a chad scout mind-set - which I hope you'll get the general idea of in this guide.
- /The Arts of Aiming/ is based mostly on your expierence with the class and your skill.
- /The Arts of Strats/ are based on your cooperative skills but also gamesense along with mind-set.
- //GENERAL MIND-SET - sla/sh : hope another 30k kills on your dipshit stick will help you find a job
- I think it's most important to stay calm and use your surroundings then utilize your weapons. Scout is certainly based around his movement. He is equipped with a 30% speed bonus to all classes on average and he can also double-jump. Remember that you're paper thin - glass cannon that everyone puts to shame once a scout main puts his potential to use. You must not fear the enemy but fight brave and with mind. Do not come up to him too close nor escape in fear. The class is generally hit or miss - that means it you either win or loose, there's nothing in between. Loosing, missing, not dodging a certain pipe, sticky or rocket can hurt alot which puts out any scout main at the start. Maining scout is a hard task misunderstood by many demomans, solidiers or snipers becouse they focus on diffrent tasks;playstyles;objectives - they will never understand the pain of a scout main. I think getting called out for being terrible or that scout is a shit easy class to main should be your fuel to improve. You should focus on pick damage rather than doing general/area damage, not only becouse of scout being hitscan but he's simply most efficient when focus on one class. You must know the maps you play on becouse of its spots and advantages you may gain over the players simply by just knowing where you are. Utilizing your weapons is very situational becouse of pistols dps and scatterguns hit or miss downside. You must corner-wall peak - which means that you peak while walking still becouse of your movement advantage - we want to put that to use on every occasion.
- //JUMPING - THIS IS POSSIBLE ONLY WITH AN ATOMIZER, HOLY FUCK
- Where do I start? Jumping is a basic function that has to be highlighted in this guide. It's your key to the first lock of the scout mind-set. First of all, jumping doesn't require you to touch the ground yet you have to be on it on at least 1 tick which you can abuse for f.e. rollouts or hard jumps, dodging etc. You have to mind that you're easily readable in your movement just by jumping like a retard. A good player will predict where you will land while jumping - by that he will have easy time killing you. This should be avoided mostly in dueling scouts. To execute hard jumps you must also know how far you can jump. You can jump up to 45h (hammer) units and you can double that if you jump on exact tick which is basically impossible. Another important thing to know is knowing when to jump on the ledge, then jumping back on it and is it worth it, while countering a pyro, or any projectile class you must predict where and when the enemy will fire then jump off the damage area then jump back on the ledge if youre away from the said splash damage area or after the rocket has his the ground, if you have a chance to escape a pyro in that instant you should always run away, for an example youre on middle of badlands and you can jump under the bridge to escape a pyro and retreat to your medic, then yes, do it. .It's helpful to practice simple double-jumping just to jump as far away as but it's not as important as the next point.
- //PLACEMENT&POSISIONING - HOW DID HE KNOW?!
- This should be learnt from simple playing and general game, and it's players knowledge. You must not take conventional routes and as it's most predictable out of all factors of movement. For an example as you're covering a choke try to find a spot that your enemy will not exepect like standing away from a wall instead of hugging it. If you have an opportunnity to jump on a ledge, create or high ground of any sort, do it as you don't know which class is behind your enemy or the enemy is a projectile class itself. Do not stand near health packs becouse it's easily readable that you will stand there if you're not in the choke area anymore. Try to avoid standing still as it's only acceptable when you're standing near a healing source.
- //RUNNING - WHY DID THAT PIPE TRAVEL SO FAST OMG
- Why is this a point? - you may ask - becouse it's nice to go with [A] and [D]. Running forward and backwards may be helpful while countering a hitscan class but also faking retreat. This should not be executed often as it's quite predicatble and puts you out of efficent range that scattergun requires. You can also fake run going left or right just by clicking a once then stopping for a second then pressing d which confuses each party. Unpredictable movement is hard to master becouse it requires alot of expierence and gamesenes but also a wise. You should be brave but wise and know when to fake retreat and when to not. Running in "8's" is useless and there's no point in doing so. go either forward left or forward right. Never spin around like a retarded chimp.
- >>>mix the fuck out of [A] and [D] spam while also keeping in mind that u can go forward and backwards while doing so<<<
- //HOW TO COUNTER PROJECTILE CLASSES - PLACEMENT&JUMPING&RUNNING
- You should go for high grounds and avoid close range. Stick to open areas and avoid elbow-like thin/small chokes. Scout can go off the scene by being hit just by two projectiles of demoman and solidier (minus bison) so please keep that in mind that you're not so healthy as the other classes. High grounds work only when a demoman or a solidier in that matter cant hit the ground from a lowwer part of any section even when jump-shooting.
- // IDEA OF AIMING AS SCOUT - NIGGA, HOW DO I AIM.
- Aiming as scout can be difficult as you're mostly drawn to your surroundings and its high grounds. There are two options, tracking and shooting or basically guessing and flicking. I found after testing both of these strats, that, tracking and then flicking to close really small gaps (while priotizing tracking) is the most efficent way to hit your enemy.
- // GENERAL IDEA OF USING YOUR WEAPONS AS SCOUT - BRUH, HOW DID THAT DO 3 DAMAGE.
- // SCATTERGUN
- On most civilized servers, random spread is off so you can master your skills. Each bullet does around 18 damage on close to point-blank distances. Combining all of 6 can make up for up to 100 damage. Try to not waste all of your buck shots and remain calm
- // PISTOL
- Pistol even with random spread disabled, still has random spread which does matter at long distances where its most effective. Pistol can do up to 21 damage up close and 8 on long distances, it may not seem alot yet it does once we know its shooting rate and magazine capacity. It can be quite helpful while countering a scout and not hitting a second meatshot or getting a scout to around 10-30 health. It's also known as your second primary, It's not. Treat it as your last call to not loosing a duel. Do not leave it behind and reload your primary. I see alot of people, yourself included w3b that you mainly reload your scattergun instead of using the chad pistol. It's downside is it's accurarcy which is mostly rng closed in a circle shaped spread.
- // MELEE
- Enter the church of Wrap Assasin. You should worth its bleed damage which not only does 4 damage per second but also shakes the enemys screen just as afterburn does. It deals about 15-20 dmg from the ball itself and with bleeding it can make up to 60 damage which is a huge advantage once you hit the shot. You should not pull out your trusty tube with a ball on every occasion becouse it takes alot of time to switch between weapons which can be crucial. While using the wrap assasin you should wall-corner peak every time while using the ball in a closed space or a choke involved.
- // . . . Boston basher is mainly for building a uber, not milking - milking is a phrase which is used to describe not popping the uber but waiting for a perfect moment to do so. Boston basher jumping is not worth it at all, unless you have a healing source near you, like medic or a handy healthpack.
- // . . . The Atomizer is cheap and for people that cant use neither of the listed before weapons. This is the getaway from the perfection of being a purebred, great and hardworking scout that can jump like he was from /nohat./
RAW Paste Data