- Citizens of Britain,
- The riots that we have witnessed over the last week, whilst violent and misguided, are a product of decades of neglect inflicted on your country by various governments. We do not condone mindless thuggery, but that does not stop us from seeing the reality behind it.
- Your politicians and the media do their best to avoid seeing that reality. They would rather manipulate public anger in order to cloud judgment and create division. They will use these riots as an excuse to withdraw civic freedoms, increase draconian police powers, and discourage legitimate protest. By placing their emphasis on mindless criminality, your politicians mask the extent to which a significant section of society is stuck in an impoverished way of life with little hope for the future.
- Anonymous senses your displeasure and witnesses the iron fist of the state being used more and more often to put down dissent before it begins. We note also the ever increasing tide of propaganda issued to justify these repressive acts. The law is no longer the protector of the citizens but the protector of a wealthy few from the many, who have very little. Justice has become yet another commodity that only the wealthy can afford.
- We sympathise with the anger that seethes under the facade of your country's diplomatic image. It is time to take a stand and realise that solutions will not be found in today's corrupt political landscape. You should seize this opportunity to rally for freedom. Anonymous stands with you in this struggle and will fight alongside you in the battle for permanent change. Let your enemies stand forewarned.
- Saturday October 15th 2011 will be your opportunity for rebellion. We call on Britain to unite and organise peacefully. Unions, anti-cuts groups, community organisations, students, activists, citizens: you know your political system is not fit for purpose. Rally your supporters and stand together in holding mass protests in your major cities. Together you can send a powerful message to your government: you are the people of Britain and your voice WILL be heard.
- Yours sincerely,
- Operation Britain
- We are Anonymous.
- We are Legion.
- We do not forgive.
- We do not forget.
- Expect us.
- OpBritain IRC channel http://irc.lc/anonops/opbritain
- OpBritain Twitter accounts http://twitter.com/#!/AnonActionUK
#OpUnity + #OpBritain press release
a guest Aug 13th, 2011 34,558 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data