[TLH/SinKid] Rochelle has her crutches stolen
Warden-Sigma Aug 8th, 2018 (edited) 69 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- >Rochelle stretched. She could smell Liena's wonderful pancakes from the loungeroom where she had slept.
- >She instinctively reached for her crutches, ready to bound into the dining room...
- >Only to find they were gone.
- >She started frantically looking for them, unable to spot them.
- >"Looking for something?"
- >She looked to the dining room doorway. Leia stood there, a pair of crutches tucked under her arm.
- >*Her* crutches.
- >"Leia, give those back!" Rochelle called to her.
- >"Sure." Leia grinned a wicked grin. "After you come here and grab them."
- >She walked off.
- >"You don't want to miss out on pancakes, do ya?"
- >"Leia!" Rochelle gripped the edge of the couch she was sleeping on. "W-when I get my hands on you...!"
- >Guess she had no choice.
- >With a mighty effort she pulled herself up onto her legs. She wasn't the heaviest person, but her poor leg muscles made her feel like she weighed like a rhino.
- >She took a wary step forwards, still using the couch as support.
- >She felt a spike of pain shoot through her leg as her weight pushed down on it, and she nearly collapsed just then.
- >Fortunately she had her mother's grit, and took another step.
- >Her right leg was definitely her better one, and although she felt the strain of her body through it she didn't feel much pain.
- >Even though she had grown up with plenty of physiotherapy to help develop her legs up, there was only so much she could naturally do.
- >She had no idea how far she could go without crutches.
- >When she got her hands on Leia...
- >Letting go of the couch and spending a moment to get her balance, she took another step.
- >The moment she put more weight on it to take another step a jolt of pain shot up her body.
- >Yet she remained upright.
- >She took a few more slow and cautious steps.
- >The whole ordeal was taxing, and she found herself short on breath.
- >From the kitchen she could hear an argument but was too busy focusing on her legs to hear them properly.
- >She took another step, and lost her balance.
- >She lurched forwards, shoulder hitting the archway hard.
- >She hissed in pain, screwing her eyes shut as she did.
- >She opened her eyes, blurry with tears. But she could tell who was in front of her.
- >Leia, looking quite pleased with herself.
- >And Lupa, looking shocked.
- >"Well done, Ro." Leia said.
- >"Give them back..." Rochelle growled, short on breath.
- >"Don't worry, you haven't got far to go." Leia smiled, her tone and expression full of artificial sweetness.
- >"Okay, that's enough." Lupa got up to help, but Leia placed her hand in her way.
- >Rochelle took a few steps, but her legs gave out on her as a huge bolt of pain shot through her entire body.
- >Once Rochelle regained her senses she heard a loud clatter and a quiet gasp.
- >She looked up to see Liena staring at Rochelle with a horrified expression, a fresh stack of pancakes strewn on the floor in front of her.
- >The expression changed to pure anger as she slowly turned her head to Leia.
- >Leia shunted the crutches into Lupa's chest. "It was her idea!"
- >"Wh- Hey! I had fuck-all to do with this!"
- >Rochelle felt herself being hoisted up by Liena into a nearby chair. It felt good to have her weight off her legs.
- >She then walked up to Leia and grabbed her ponytail, pulling her close to her face, staring her down.
- >Then, she walked off, still holding Leia's ponytail.
- >"Ow-! Hey, stop pulling, you're gonna mess my hair up-!"
- >Liena continued on, heedless of her protests.
- >"Agh, jeez-! Wait, no, don't! Don't tell Uncle Lincy...!"
- >Leia's voice trailed off.
- >"Serves her right." Lupa murmured, then she passed the crutches to Rochelle. "Here."
- >"Honestly, I w-would've expected that from you." Rochelle took the crutches.
- >"I'm an asshole, but not that much. 'Sides, Toby'd kill me if I did that."
- >The two of them shared a chuckle. "W-well, I guess we're not having pancakes then."
- >Lupa looked at the mess. "Fuck."
- [written June 14 '18]
RAW Paste Data