- Collection of Writeups regarding Bitcoin XT vs Core
- There is a lot to read. If you pride yourself on being knowledgeable about this topic and care about the future of bitcoin, you will read all of it. This discussion has been framed around wither or not to increase the blocksize, with XT being in favor of bigger blocks and Core being against any changes. Nothing could be further from the truth. My hope is that by the end of this document you will be well educated on what the debate really is, what support of XT really means, and why so many people are outraged and view this as an "attempted takeover".
- If you read nothing else
- -Bitcoin XT Faq naming Mike Hearn as sole Decision-maker on all issues Bitcoin:
- "Decisions are made through agreement between Mike and Gavin, with Mike making the final call if a serious dispute were to arise."
- -There is so much interest in scaling Core that there is a Conference for it:
- -Almost no blocks actually hit the block limit:
- -Coinbase Director of Engineering on Why the XT fork is Dangerous and Irresponsible:
- The False Dichotomy of Core Vs XT on Blocksize
- -Major Infrastructure in favor of bigger blocks but not XT:
- Coinbase: https://twitter.com/SatoshiLite/status/634501460340940801
- BTCChina: https://twitter.com/BTCChina/status/633506381996277760
- BitPay: https://medium.com/@spair/increasing-the-block-size-limit-85ff236fc516
- -Core Dev team members in favor of bigger blocks:
- Core Dev Proposal for dynamic block sizes (FlexCap):
- Bram Cohen, creator of BitTorrent pointing out the false sense of urgency:
- Trust issues & Problems with XT & "Voting"
- -XT TOR Blacklist Privacy Leaks:
- -XT Node Count Manipulation:
- -XT Mined Blocks Count Manipulation:
- -Mike dodges question on existance of XT Network Test data:
- -XT's Rate of Scale Proposal is not based on hard data:
- Problems with Mike Hearn
- -Mike Hearn's US government involvement:
- -Mike Hearn's anti-fungibility & stance on coin tracking:
- -Luke-Jr's illustration of what is and isn't an altcoin:
- -Other Writeups:
- -Satoshi Nakamoto's Unsigned but Origin-Confirmed email:
Bitcoin Core & Bitcoin XT
a guest Aug 23rd, 2015 2,120 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data