a guest Oct 31st, 2012 132 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- def getWordScore(word, n):
- Returns the score for a word. Assumes the word is a valid word.
- The score for a word is the sum of the points for letters in the
- word, multiplied by the length of the word, PLUS 50 points if all n
- letters are used on the first turn.
- Letters are scored as in Scrabble; A is worth 1, B is worth 3, C is
- worth 3, D is worth 2, E is worth 1, and so on (see SCRABBLE_LETTER_VALUES)
- word: string (lowercase letters)
- n: integer (HAND_SIZE; i.e., hand size required for additional points)
- returns: int >= 0
- score = 0
- word_len = len(word)
- for w in word:
- score += SCRABBLE_LETTER_VALUES[w]
- return score*word_len+(50*(word_len/n))
RAW Paste Data