Rxssian - Ban Reasoning
a guest Nov 19th, 2019 90 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- I was frozen, I had nothing to worry about. Yes I had cosmic-related cheats on my computer but that's just because of my general connections with close friends of mine. The concern - Vanity. I had multiple versions, as you would be able to tell from the footage from the video, which were all adjusted for cosmic test servers like jurassic, fan tas y etc. I had no reason to be using it, and there was no solid proof found of me using it. Your point with me "working with ashido" Is a simple assumption that isn't correct. Me being friends with someone is different from working with someone. I had nothing to hide because I was not worried, I had not used the client in any way to undermine the integrity of the server, and I had done absolutely nothing against the rules. I would also like to mention, I have not logged off cosmic client once, and if there was a time period, it would be to log on ccv1, and logs would show that.
- Malen then says "I have received reports of people associated with Ashido sending around an ip logg(er/ed) version of Vanity" or something to that effect. I say that there was a person which tried impersonating Ashido a while back, going by the name of "Diablo", which he was doxed because he had no obfuscation on his rat/ip logger, and his ip was exposed.
- There was no evidence found - for anything. No ip loggers found, no databases etc. I ofcourse understand the concern that comes with maintaining a server and protecting people from people who decide it's worthwhile performing DDOS attacks on people for sets on a block game. It was rather demoralising in a sense, it felt like I was being dealt with in a case of "Guilty until proven innocent" and I'll get to that later.
- The ultimatum I was given - send the cheat files in order to be "further inspected" and/or "checked" or, be permlisted and ip banned. I refused - this would be morally incorrect to betray a close friend of mine that I have known for a long time and also has been working on a client for 2 years, regardless if it is at it's core, a client made to undermine the integrity of the server, but equally this would be outright disrespectful and a betrayal of trust. I am not that kind of person. To the "Guilty until proven innocent", to an extent I was guilty for having files, on another hand I wasn't - I hadn't used it for any use on cosmic, or the supposed claim of "Ip logging". Malen went ahead to say "I don't want to deal with people like *you* that like to steal kid's ips" or, something to that effect, whilst also not having any proof of me doing any of the supposed actions. I had no databases, ip addresses, doxes, etc on my computer, and nothing was found during the SS.
- Again, I need to mention that I have no ill-feelings towards any of the staff, I understand that keeping the integrity of the server is a difficult task but at the end of the day, this is what I think period, and I think me and ypperin had said this during our brief chat in teamspeak that this isn't personal in any way.
- Note that this was a response on the cosmicpvp forums to ypperin, but as the admins won't "approve" my post, here is the entirety of my perspective.
RAW Paste Data