a guest May 19th, 2019 53 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- # Tax Reform Act #
- **Whereas,** a flat tax over taxes the poor and under taxes the rich.
- **Whereas,** taxing the wealthiest individuals in our state will allow us to provide government services to those in need.
- *Be it enacted by the People of the State of Great Lakes, represented in the General Assembly.*
- **SECTION I. Short Title**
- (a) This act may also be know as "The Tax Reform Act"
- **SECTION II. Definitions**
- (a) FPL: Federal Poverty Line
- **Section III. Bill Text**
- (a) The Great Lakes state tax rates shall be indexed against the Federal Poverty Line
- (b) Individuals filling singly shall be indexed to the FPL for individuals.
- (c) Married individuals filling separately shall be indexed to the FPL for individuals.
- (d) Married couple filling jointly shall be indexed to the FPL for households with 2 persons.
- (e) Any individual or couple with dependents may increase the FPL household size they are indexed to by one for each dependent they can claim.
- (f) There shall be four tax brackets:
-  (i) The first bracket shall include all earned income up to 200% of the filer's FPL; it shall be taxed at 0%.
-  (ii) The second bracket shall include all earned income more than 200% and up to 1000% of the filer's FPL; it shall be taxed at 4.95%.
-  (iii) The third bracket shall include all earned income more than 1000% and up to 2000% of the filer's FPL; it shall be taxed at 10%.
-  (iv) The fourth bracket shall include all earned income more than 2000% of the filer's FPL; it shall be taxed at 20%.
- | Tier | Income | Percent |
- |0 | up to 200% of FPL |0% |
- |1 | up to 1000% of FPL |4.95% |
- |2 | up to 2000% of FPL |10% |
- |3 | over 2000% of FPL |20% |
- **Section IV. ENACTMENT**
- This act shall go into effect at the start of the first fiscal year after its passage.
RAW Paste Data