a guest Oct 11th, 2018 60 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- The advantage of a normalized database, is its **general-purpose structure**, that is,
- on a normalized table we **can execute any type of query** —even those that are least expected at the time of database design.
- Several Normal Forms (NF) are defined in relational database theory. Identified by a number and the abbreviation NF,
- the normal forms with higher numbers are less exposed to anomalies.
- The first three Normal Forms were developed by E. F. Codd, and often we say that a table is "normalized" when it is in 3NF, that is,
- when the following rules are met:
- There are no multi-value attributes
- There are no non-prime attributes, functionally dependent on a subset of a candidate key
- There are no non-prime attributes, transitively dependent on a candidate key
RAW Paste Data