Guest User

Untitled

a guest
Apr 17th, 2015
68
Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
  1. [2015-04-17 17:00:12] <Anton{Politoed}> 4ok meeting is starting now, hooray
  2. [2015-04-17 17:00:19] <Mariofan169> *clap*
  3. [2015-04-17 17:00:35] <Anton{Politoed}> 4our usual log-takers aren't here today from the start so if someone else could do that that would be gr8
  4. [2015-04-17 17:00:49] <Anton{Politoed}> 4they would need to include joins/quits, time, etc., which mibbit does not do
  5. [2015-04-17 17:00:55] <turb> i can
  6. [2015-04-17 17:01:09] <Anton{Politoed}> 4neat
  7. [2015-04-17 17:01:25] -->| Lucina (Mibbit@ooed21-18-74-654.range52-51.btcentralplus.com) has joined #mwikiawards
  8. [2015-04-17 17:01:28] <Anton{Politoed}> 4so things planned for today include finishing up some things for Fail and UP awards, then moving onto Shroom Awards
  9. [2015-04-17 17:01:47] <Anton{Politoed}> 4F11 is immensely easier since it'll just require a popular vote of "ok"
  10. [2015-04-17 17:01:49] -->| SMB (Mibbit@u-76-625-669-109.hsd5.fl.comcast.net) has joined #mwikiawards
  11. [2015-04-17 17:01:52] <Anton{Politoed}> 4http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=34618.0
  12. [2015-04-17 17:02:01] <Anton{Politoed}> 4Biggest Missed Opportunity (Super Mario Spikers cancellation, Mario Takes America cancellation, Donkey Kong Coconut Crackers cancellation, Failure of the Mario Artist series, Mario & Wario not being localized, Wrecking Crew '98 not being localized, Paper Mario: Sticker Star early build, Donkey Kong Racing cancellation, Super Mario's Wacky Worlds cancellation,
  13. [2015-04-17 17:02:24] <Superchao> back
  14. [2015-04-17 17:02:25] <Mariofan169> OK I guess
  15. [2015-04-17 17:02:28] <mcd> sounds good to me
  16. [2015-04-17 17:02:28] <Anton{Politoed}> 4uper Mario Bros. 3 e-Reader Cards, Sony Partnership Failure, Transphobia (Vivian, Birdo))
  17. [2015-04-17 17:02:29] <Superchao> hello friends
  18. [2015-04-17 17:02:33] <Superchao> and ok
  19. [2015-04-17 17:02:41] <Mario4Ever> ok
  20. [2015-04-17 17:02:51] <Anton{Politoed}> 4we added a few in the last week since the meeting
  21. [2015-04-17 17:03:03] <Anton{Politoed}> 4the last 4 on the list, that is
  22. [2015-04-17 17:03:09] <Anton{Politoed}> 4no one contested them in the forum topic
  23. [2015-04-17 17:03:20] <SMB> I'll be right back.
  24. [2015-04-17 17:03:24] <Superchao> well then i guess i'll have to contest them
  25. [2015-04-17 17:03:30] * Superchao enters them in a Pokemon Contest
  26. [2015-04-17 17:03:32] <Anton{Politoed}> 4it's too late you said ok
  27. [2015-04-17 17:03:34] <Superchao> (seriously though they're all fine)
  28. [2015-04-17 17:03:36] <Anton{Politoed}> 4no go-backsies
  29. [2015-04-17 17:04:14] <Anton{Politoed}> 4ok so with the Fail Awards are completely done
  30. [2015-04-17 17:04:28] <Meowth> 12i'm still having logs taken, don't worry
  31. [2015-04-17 17:04:43] =-= Mode #mwikiawards +o Mario4Ever by Meowth
  32. [2015-04-17 17:04:47] =-= Mode #mwikiawards +o turb by Meowth
  33. [2015-04-17 17:04:47] <Superchao> yay
  34. [2015-04-17 17:04:48] =-= Mode #mwikiawards +o Gamefreak75 by Meowth
  35. [2015-04-17 17:04:49] <Anton{Politoed}> 4next up will be U8 which we decided would be Favorite Mafia Game
  36. [2015-04-17 17:04:51] =-= Mode #mwikiawards +o SMB by Meowth
  37. [2015-04-17 17:04:56] =-= Mode #mwikiawards +o Superchao by Meowth
  38. [2015-04-17 17:04:58] =-= Mode #mwikiawards +o SnoruntPyro by Meowth
  39. [2015-04-17 17:04:59] <SMB> I'm back.
  40. [2015-04-17 17:05:00] <Anton{Politoed}> 4creating nominees was left up to the MHG and so here's what they got:
  41. [2015-04-17 17:05:08] <Anton{Politoed}> 4Mother 3 Mafia (DragonFreak), Magnificent Mafia 2 (NSM), MW Werewolf: Take IV (Stooben), 2101 Mafia (MCD), Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia (Lily), Tucayo Mafia (Tucayo), Mafia Finale (Marioguy1 & Bop), Dangan Ronpa Mafia (Bop & Superchao), Courage Mafia (SonicMario), Digimafia 2 (Time Turner), Skyward Sword Mafia (BMB), WarioWare Mafia (GBAToad)
  42. [2015-04-17 17:05:23] <Superchao> i have no issues with this
  43. [2015-04-17 17:05:24] <Anton{Politoed}> 4I really have no standing to argue for or against any of these so my default opinion is to take them in bulk
  44. [2015-04-17 17:06:04] <mcd> minor issue but it was actually "mafia 2101"
  45. [2015-04-17 17:06:05] <Anton{Politoed}> 4links to these all will be included in the UP Dossier so people can have a chance at having a clue of what these are and why they should vote for any of them
  46. [2015-04-17 17:06:13] <mcd> otherwise, this is a good list
  47. [2015-04-17 17:06:15] <Anton{Politoed}> 4ok gr8 that's fixed now
  48. [2015-04-17 17:06:20] <Mario4Ever> I think they're fine as well
  49. [2015-04-17 17:06:21] <mcd> thnx
  50. [2015-04-17 17:06:25] <turb> these all seem fine
  51. [2015-04-17 17:07:22] <Anton{Politoed}> 4ok good
  52. [2015-04-17 17:07:38] <Anton{Politoed}> 4if there's any other concerns with those they can be addressed whenever or when we go back over everything during the complete review
  53. [2015-04-17 17:08:13] <Anton{Politoed}> 4buuuuuuut with that, that means UP Awards are completed
  54. [2015-04-17 17:08:36] <Anton{Politoed}> 4and all that's left are Shroom Awards (and also A9 which we can't even do for another 2 months)
  55. [2015-04-17 17:08:38] <Superchao> yay
  56. [2015-04-17 17:09:16] <Anton{Politoed}> 4SO
  57. [2015-04-17 17:09:28] <Anton{Politoed}> 4here's a link to the Full List once again to reference for discussion
  58. [2015-04-17 17:09:29] <Anton{Politoed}> 4https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DIuBdzVDXg75fA8_PQoKi7xKvYm5VDJQMSPgytGSSuQ/edit
  59. [2015-04-17 17:09:36] <Anton{Politoed}> 4most of the decisions made are already recorded there
  60. [2015-04-17 17:10:01] <Gamefreak75> good im early
  61. [2015-04-17 17:10:32] <Meowth> 12no you've missed every meeting
  62. [2015-04-17 17:10:34] <Meowth> 12you're fired
  63. [2015-04-17 17:10:37] <Anton{Politoed}> 4biggest decisions made were merging Favorite Director and Favorite Sub-Director
  64. [2015-04-17 17:10:49] <Anton{Politoed}> 4and merging Favorite Leading Staff and Favorite Sub-Team Director
  65. [2015-04-17 17:11:00] <Anton{Politoed}> 4into S1 and S3 respectively
  66. [2015-04-17 17:11:12] <Anton{Politoed}> 4that was done because the original S1 Favorite Director was really stale
  67. [2015-04-17 17:11:32] <SMB> a
  68. [2015-04-17 17:11:34] <Superchao> because SOMEONE was our only candidate this year
  69. [2015-04-17 17:11:34] |<-- Lucina has left irc.darkmyst.org (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
  70. [2015-04-17 17:12:10] <Anton{Politoed}> 4S7 Favorite Guest Writer was also removed, but was already decided to be replaced with a new award titled Best Use of Images
  71. [2015-04-17 17:12:15] <Anton{Politoed}> 4we'll still need one more new award though
  72. [2015-04-17 17:12:28] <Superchao> Favorite Superchao Position
  73. [2015-04-17 17:12:38] <Anton{Politoed}> 4so, with that, llllllllllllllllllllllllet's start with S1 and we'll do what we can tonight
  74. [2015-04-17 17:12:40] <Mariofan169> best special section
  75. [2015-04-17 17:12:55] <Superchao> that's what guest writer is for
  76. [2015-04-17 17:12:55] <Anton{Politoed}> 4S1 - Favorite Directing Staff (Sadaharu, Wayoshi, Plumber, Glowsquid, Stooben Rooben, Tucayo, Super Mario Bros., Superchao, Marcelagus, 2257, Edofenrir, Turboo)
  77. [2015-04-17 17:13:02] <Mariofan169> o
  78. [2015-04-17 17:13:08] <Anton{Politoed}> 4that's a complete merge of Favorite Director and Favorite Sub-Director
  79. [2015-04-17 17:13:44] <Mariofan169> it's fine how it ia
  80. [2015-04-17 17:13:46] <Mariofan169> is
  81. [2015-04-17 17:14:03] <Anton{Politoed}> 4I think there were talks to remove Wayoshi, Glowsquid, Plumber, Sadaharu, and Marcelagus
  82. [2015-04-17 17:14:17] <Anton{Politoed}> 4because they either were actually pretty fucking shitty and terrible people who no one likes
  83. [2015-04-17 17:14:24] <Anton{Politoed}> 4or are irrelevant and no one remembers what they even did
  84. [2015-04-17 17:14:29] <Mariofan169> yeeeaaaah that's a bad idea imk
  85. [2015-04-17 17:14:35] <Anton{Politoed}> 4explain
  86. [2015-04-17 17:14:38] <Superchao> Wayoshi I'm fine with cutting
  87. [2015-04-17 17:14:49] <Mariofan169> just cut off wayoshi
  88. [2015-04-17 17:14:55] <Superchao> the dude is pretty much being excluded from Issue C with all his bridge-burning
  89. [2015-04-17 17:14:56] <Anton{Politoed}> 4because the opinion from what I've gathered is leaning towards cutting all of the ones listed
  90. [2015-04-17 17:15:09] <Superchao> hmm
  91. [2015-04-17 17:15:20] <Mariofan169> issue c?
  92. [2015-04-17 17:15:23] <Superchao> I'd be willing to maybe keep Saudy just for the importance of "made the paper in the first place"
  93. [2015-04-17 17:15:27] <Superchao> our special issue
  94. [2015-04-17 17:15:31] <Mariofan169> is that the 100th one?
  95. [2015-04-17 17:15:31] <Anton{Politoed}> 4that's a good reason
  96. [2015-04-17 17:15:33] <SMB> I agree with Wayoshi being cut, not because of him as a person, but because he literally committed "treason."
  97. [2015-04-17 17:15:34] <Superchao> yes
  98. [2015-04-17 17:15:56] <SMB> Y'know, proposing to scrap the project isn't really good directorial policy, lol.
  99. [2015-04-17 17:16:00] <Superchao> yeeep
  100. [2015-04-17 17:16:11] <Anton{Politoed}> 4so wayo is confirmed cut
  101. [2015-04-17 17:16:17] <Mariofan169> rip
  102. [2015-04-17 17:16:28] <Anton{Politoed}> 4Sadaharu is a potential keeper?
  103. [2015-04-17 17:16:32] <Anton{Politoed}> 4let's vote on that
  104. [2015-04-17 17:16:39] <Anton{Politoed}> 4Keep Sadaharu on S1:
  105. [2015-04-17 17:16:39] <Mariofan169> y
  106. [2015-04-17 17:16:42] <Gabumon> 3a
  107. [2015-04-17 17:16:46] <Mario4Ever> a
  108. [2015-04-17 17:16:50] <Superchao> y
  109. [2015-04-17 17:16:53] <Nibbs> 6a
  110. [2015-04-17 17:16:55] <Gamefreak75> he created the shroom right?
  111. [2015-04-17 17:17:04] <Superchao> yes
  112. [2015-04-17 17:17:06] <Gamefreak75> this is before i was born
  113. [2015-04-17 17:17:08] <Gamefreak75> ok
  114. [2015-04-17 17:17:09] <Gamefreak75> y
  115. [2015-04-17 17:17:15] <SMB> superchao you can't vote twice >:(
  116. [2015-04-17 17:17:20] <Superchao> he only did the prototype issue, but saudy basically started the entire "community newsletter' project
  117. [2015-04-17 17:17:32] <Nibbs> 6oh i didn't know that. i will change to y in that case
  118. [2015-04-17 17:17:33] <Anton{Politoed}> 4y
  119. [2015-04-17 17:18:11] <Anton{Politoed}> 4 4.5 - 0 - 2
  120. [2015-04-17 17:18:23] <Anton{Politoed}> 4mcd, SnoruntPyro, turb, Uniju
  121. [2015-04-17 17:18:30] <turb> a
  122. [2015-04-17 17:18:41] <SMB> I vote "yes."
  123. [2015-04-17 17:19:01] <Anton{Politoed}> 4ok so with that it's not possible for the "no" to succeed
  124. [2015-04-17 17:19:07] <Anton{Politoed}> 4Sadaharu will be kept
  125. [2015-04-17 17:19:29] <Anton{Politoed}> 4that leaves Plumber, Glowsquid, and Marcelagus
  126. [2015-04-17 17:19:39] <Superchao> hmm
  127. [2015-04-17 17:19:41] <Anton{Politoed}> 4legends tell me that glowsquid was awful at running it
  128. [2015-04-17 17:20:01] <Superchao> it was half that/half circumstance but yeah the 'shroom was in pretty damn bad shape during his run
  129. [2015-04-17 17:20:22] <mcd> sure y
  130. [2015-04-17 17:20:33] <Mariofan169> a
  131. [2015-04-17 17:21:21] <Anton{Politoed}> 4what are the reasons for Plumber and Marcelagus
  132. [2015-04-17 17:21:47] <turb> did marty even do anything during his time as director
  133. [2015-04-17 17:21:53] <turb> i have absolutely no idea what plumber did either
  134. [2015-04-17 17:22:01] <turb> im halp
  135. [2015-04-17 17:22:03] <Superchao> marty was editor in chief
  136. [2015-04-17 17:22:09] <Anton{Politoed}> 4they could've been Sub-Director too, due to the merge
  137. [2015-04-17 17:22:17] <Superchao> plumber established the EiC and the Director Election format
  138. [2015-04-17 17:22:44] <SMB> Marty was the first Sub-director.
  139. [2015-04-17 17:22:55] <SMB> That said, Glowsquid established that office when he was Director.
  140. [2015-04-17 17:23:40] <SMB> And Plumber created the Director Election.
  141. [2015-04-17 17:23:47] <Anton{Politoed}> 4personally I don't find much merit in being the individual to simply start a thing that was going to be started anyways following the logical progression of an online newspaper
  142. [2015-04-17 17:23:51] <Anton{Politoed}> 4so I think there should be something more like
  143. [2015-04-17 17:23:54] <Anton{Politoed}> 4"did their job well"
  144. [2015-04-17 17:24:01] <SMB> Those are usually the main accomplishments that are touted around, but
  145. [2015-04-17 17:24:03] <SMB> yeah per Antoon
  146. [2015-04-17 17:24:07] <Anton{Politoed}> 4but who knows, maybe other people base things on different things than me
  147. [2015-04-17 17:24:25] <Superchao> like i said i'm willing to cut all three if the majority prefers it
  148. [2015-04-17 17:24:40] <Anton{Politoed}> 4me too so I'm just looking for anyone who wants to keep them to give me a reason
  149. [2015-04-17 17:25:29] <Anton{Politoed}> 4so for now I'm going to mark them cut until someone wakes up and has a different opinion
  150. [2015-04-17 17:25:36] <SMB> I abstain on all three.
  151. [2015-04-17 17:25:44] <Superchao> also abstain
  152. [2015-04-17 17:25:50] <Mario4Ever> as do I
  153. [2015-04-17 17:25:52] <Anton{Politoed}> 4that leaves the award at
  154. [2015-04-17 17:25:53] <Anton{Politoed}> 4Favorite Directing Staff (Sadaharu, Stooben Rooben, Tucayo, Super Mario Bros., Superchao, 2257, Edofenrir, Turboo)
  155. [2015-04-17 17:26:07] <Superchao> i don't see any reason to cut these people
  156. [2015-04-17 17:26:14] <turb> i agree to cutting those three
  157. [2015-04-17 17:26:21] <turb> and yeah that list looks fine
  158. [2015-04-17 17:26:23] <Mario4Ever> superchao sucks, cut him (not really)
  159. [2015-04-17 17:26:29] <Anton{Politoed}> 4good idea
  160. [2015-04-17 17:26:31] <Gamefreak75> cut superchao
  161. [2015-04-17 17:26:35] <Superchao> right, i know who to suggest cutting for a later award
  162. [2015-04-17 17:26:37] <Superchao> thanks guys
  163. [2015-04-17 17:26:43] <Anton{Politoed}> 4next up then is
  164. [2015-04-17 17:26:47] <Anton{Politoed}> 4S2 Favorite Team (Main Team, Fake News, Fun Stuff, Palette Swap, Pipe Plaza, Critic Corner)
  165. [2015-04-17 17:26:59] <Gabumon> 3sometimes I cut myself on lists, just to see if I still bleed
  166. [2015-04-17 17:27:00] <Anton{Politoed}> 4only change was the name change for Palette Swap
  167. [2015-04-17 17:27:16] <Superchao> weren't you guys planning to rename the Main Team or something?
  168. [2015-04-17 17:27:20] <Anton{Politoed}> 4otherwise I don't think any of those Teams ceased to exist within the last year
  169. [2015-04-17 17:27:49] <Anton{Politoed}> 4I don't remember that blocky but then again I'm not shroom staff
  170. [2015-04-17 17:27:49] <Superchao> except for the times critic corner didn't exist! zing
  171. [2015-04-17 17:27:54] <Superchao> i was asking SMB yeah
  172. [2015-04-17 17:28:27] <Gabumon> 3there were talks to rename the main team sections to something like standalone sections, or independent sections
  173. [2015-04-17 17:28:33] <Gabumon> 3*there was talk
  174. [2015-04-17 17:28:45] <Gabumon> 3grammar is error
  175. [2015-04-17 17:29:06] <Anton{Politoed}> 4would this be something that would take effect before August 14th
  176. [2015-04-17 17:29:14] <Gabumon> 3let me check
  177. [2015-04-17 17:29:34] <Anton{Politoed}> 4more importantly, June 17th
  178. [2015-04-17 17:30:18] <Gabumon> 3to my knowledge, most likely after june 17th
  179. [2015-04-17 17:30:39] <Anton{Politoed}> 4ok so it would be after polls roll out
  180. [2015-04-17 17:30:45] <Gabumon> 3im just being told that I am not up to date anyway
  181. [2015-04-17 17:30:51] <Gabumon> 3so disregard what I just said
  182. [2015-04-17 17:30:56] <Anton{Politoed}> 4ok !
  183. [2015-04-17 17:31:06] <Superchao> well, i guess we're leaving S2 alone then?
  184. [2015-04-17 17:31:30] <Anton{Politoed}> 4if the "Main Team" title won't be changed until after June 17th then yeah
  185. [2015-04-17 17:31:45] <Anton{Politoed}> 4if it is done beforehand though it's a simple rename in the nominee list
  186. [2015-04-17 17:31:52] <Anton{Politoed}> 4so, semantics, we can move on
  187. [2015-04-17 17:31:56] <Superchao> ok
  188. [2015-04-17 17:32:01] <Anton{Politoed}> 4I'll mark it blue right now just for the reminder
  189. [2015-04-17 17:32:53] <Anton{Politoed}> 4next up then is
  190. [2015-04-17 17:32:55] <Anton{Politoed}> 4S3 - Favorite Core Staff (MCD, Dippy, Yoshi876, FunkyK38, Mario4Ever, Shoey, Palkia47)
  191. [2015-04-17 17:33:15] <Anton{Politoed}> 4 02:13SMBHypothetically, we could also include people who served after last year's awards, but during the last term
  192. [2015-04-17 17:33:17] <Anton{Politoed}> 4 02:13SMBwhich I think would include P_Y and me, but you don't have to put me in there
  193. [2015-04-17 17:33:19] <Superchao> cut mario4ever
  194. [2015-04-17 17:33:26] <Anton{Politoed}> 4good idea
  195. [2015-04-17 17:33:47] <Anton{Politoed}> 4regarding that first line of the quote, who would those people be
  196. [2015-04-17 17:33:56] <Anton{Politoed}> 4P_Y, SMB, anyone else?
  197. [2015-04-17 17:34:09] <SMB> I don't believe so, but let me check real quickly.
  198. [2015-04-17 17:34:17] <Superchao> GBAToad
  199. [2015-04-17 17:34:27] <Superchao> but for a short bit since he left shortly after the awards
  200. [2015-04-17 17:35:40] <SMB> Yeah
  201. [2015-04-17 17:36:15] <SMB> So it'd be me (Fun Stuff), P_Y (Pipe Plaza), GBAToad (Spotlight Manager, alongside Yoshi876)
  202. [2015-04-17 17:36:32] <SMB> (also be right back)
  203. [2015-04-17 17:38:46] <Anton{Politoed}> 4are there any protests against adding those 3
  204. [2015-04-17 17:39:01] <Mariofan169> no
  205. [2015-04-17 17:39:11] <Mario4Ever> none from me
  206. [2015-04-17 17:39:12] <Gamefreak75> no
  207. [2015-04-17 17:39:34] <turb> no
  208. [2015-04-17 17:40:23] <Anton{Politoed}> 4gr8 then I will add them
  209. [2015-04-17 17:40:57] <Anton{Politoed}> 4S4 is next
  210. [2015-04-17 17:40:58] <Anton{Politoed}> 4it /was/
  211. [2015-04-17 17:40:59] <Anton{Politoed}> 4Favorite Sub-Team Director (WarioLoaf, Confused, Stooben Rooben, Volke, Ralphfan, Super Mario Bros., Marioguy1, Gamefreak75, Fawfulfury65, Smasher, Paper Yoshi, MrConcreteDonkey, Crocodile Dippy, FunkyK38, Marshal Dan Troop, Palkia47)
  212. [2015-04-17 17:41:08] <Anton{Politoed}> 4but that has been merged into S3 so it's gone
  213. [2015-04-17 17:41:10] <Anton{Politoed}> 4it needs a replacement
  214. [2015-04-17 17:41:35] <Anton{Politoed}> 4unless someone has a hot idea RIGHT NOW I'm gonna beg for ideas in the Suggestion Box
  215. [2015-04-17 17:41:53] <SMB> Maybe we should search for ideas.
  216. [2015-04-17 17:42:41] <mcd> favourite section?
  217. [2015-04-17 17:42:45] <SMB> We had an idea of possibly having three writers awards, replacing guest writer with a "Favorite Retired Writer" award
  218. [2015-04-17 17:42:55] <mcd> maybe something special bc of the 100th issue?
  219. [2015-04-17 17:43:41] <Anton{Politoed}> 4if Favorite Retired Writer is created then that would fill in S4
  220. [2015-04-17 17:43:41] <Gabumon> 3I think the issue 100 goes up after the polls though
  221. [2015-04-17 17:44:03] <Anton{Politoed}> 4and we'd have Favorite Retired Writer, Favorite Veteran Writer, and Favorite New Writer in order
  222. [2015-04-17 17:44:10] <Superchao> yep, issue C's in july
  223. [2015-04-17 17:44:54] <Anton{Politoed}> 4I can mark that down now as the idea we're going with, but we need nominees, and I'm still going to post in the suggestions
  224. [2015-04-17 17:45:10] <SMB> Also, I seem to remember Favorite Section coming up in a meeting, but I forget why we didn't include it in our suggestions list.
  225. [2015-04-17 17:45:24] <Gabumon> 3favorite ailment resulting from the consumption of poisonous mushrooms
  226. [2015-04-17 17:45:47] <Gabumon> 3I vote hallucinations
  227. [2015-04-17 17:45:48] <Gamefreak75> explosive diarrhea
  228. [2015-04-17 17:45:51] <SMB> I think it had to do with how we'd select sections, and what happens if the writer for a section changes.
  229. [2015-04-17 17:45:55] <Anton{Politoed}> 4I think Best Use of Images was the new idea that prevailed over Favorite Section
  230. [2015-04-17 17:46:42] <Anton{Politoed}> 4if that's it then, then we can move on to confirming S5
  231. [2015-04-17 17:46:43] <Anton{Politoed}> 4which is
  232. [2015-04-17 17:46:44] <Anton{Politoed}> 4Favorite Veteran Writer (FunkyK38, MrConcreteDonkey, Toadbert101, General Bob-omb, Marshal Dan Troop, Pyro, Paper Yoshi, Superchao)
  233. [2015-04-17 17:46:52] <Anton{Politoed}> 4they all still write, correct?
  234. [2015-04-17 17:46:57] <Superchao> i don't
  235. [2015-04-17 17:47:03] <Superchao> i stopped after december
  236. [2015-04-17 17:47:15] <Anton{Politoed}> 4there we go, a nominee for Favorite Retired Writer
  237. [2015-04-17 17:47:18] <Anton{Politoed}> 4I'm so good at this
  238. [2015-04-17 17:47:57] <Anton{Politoed}> 4I don't see General Bob-omb on the list
  239. [2015-04-17 17:48:02] <Anton{Politoed}> 4http://www.mariowiki.com/The_%27Shroom:Sign_Up
  240. [2015-04-17 17:48:11] <Anton{Politoed}> 4unless that's not up-to-date
  241. [2015-04-17 17:48:52] <SMB> Yeah he retired some time back.
  242. [2015-04-17 17:49:00] <SMB> He was a Fun Stuff writer.
  243. [2015-04-17 17:49:23] <Anton{Politoed}> 4whammo bammo another retired nominee
  244. [2015-04-17 17:49:50] <Anton{Politoed}> 4are there any new nominees for S5 though
  245. [2015-04-17 17:50:05] <Anton{Politoed}> 4would Edo count since he was a writer in the past and is one again now
  246. [2015-04-17 17:50:13] <Superchao> uhh
  247. [2015-04-17 17:50:17] <Gabumon> 3I had breaks
  248. [2015-04-17 17:50:20] <Anton{Politoed}> 4especially since it's the same section he had previously done
  249. [2015-04-17 17:50:21] <Superchao> i'm not sure
  250. [2015-04-17 17:50:47] <Gabumon> 3I dont think so
  251. [2015-04-17 17:50:59] <Gabumon> 3I am not an official writer right now
  252. [2015-04-17 17:51:02] <Gabumon> 3I just
  253. [2015-04-17 17:51:06] <Gabumon> 3sometimes do stuff
  254. [2015-04-17 17:51:10] <Anton{Politoed}> 4ok
  255. [2015-04-17 17:51:13] <SMB> Koohitsu??
  256. [2015-04-17 17:51:37] <Anton{Politoed}> 4Yoshi876?
  257. [2015-04-17 17:51:39] <Meowth> 12i'm back-ish
  258. [2015-04-17 17:51:44] <Anton{Politoed}> 4move him from New Writer to Veteran?
  259. [2015-04-17 17:51:45] <SMB> oh you're not signed up?
  260. [2015-04-17 17:51:51] <Gabumon> 3nope
  261. [2015-04-17 17:52:30] <SMB> Oh wow, I did not know that. I thought you were signed up, lol.
  262. [2015-04-17 17:54:24] <Superchao> brb, errand
  263. [2015-04-17 17:54:25] <SMB> I think Yoshi876 can be moved to Veteran
  264. [2015-04-17 17:54:59] <Anton{Politoed}> 4likewise with packy and drift?
  265. [2015-04-17 17:55:36] -->| Icemario (BadPuns@82.46.nkw.on) has joined #mwikiawards
  266. [2015-04-17 17:55:58] <Anton{Politoed}> 4hi you're here
  267. [2015-04-17 17:56:09] <Anton{Politoed}> 4we're deciding on new nominees for Favorite Veteran Writer
  268. [2015-04-17 17:56:14] <Anton{Politoed}> 4right now considering packy and drift
  269. [2015-04-17 17:56:21] <SMB> Yeah, I believe both of those can be moved.
  270. [2015-04-17 17:56:36] <ChanServ> Meowth (Smasher) set flags +AOVeirtv on Icemario.
  271. [2015-04-17 17:56:37] =-= Mode #mwikiawards -ooo+o Superchao SnoruntPyro turb Icemario by ChanServ
  272. [2015-04-17 17:56:41] <Icemario> How many vacant slots are there already?
  273. [2015-04-17 17:56:43] <turb> u
  274. [2015-04-17 17:56:50] <Mariofan169> >icemario
  275. [2015-04-17 17:56:55] <Mariofan169> uh
  276. [2015-04-17 17:57:09] <Mariofan169> did he not have op last meeting iirc
  277. [2015-04-17 17:57:14] <turb> he joined the committee
  278. [2015-04-17 17:57:19] <Meowth> 12he just joined this week
  279. [2015-04-17 17:57:33] =-= Mode #mwikiawards +ooo turb SnoruntPyro Superchao by Meowth
  280. [2015-04-17 17:57:44] <Anton{Politoed}> 4Favorite Veteran Writer (FunkyK38, MrConcreteDonkey, Toadbert101, Marshal Dan Troop, Pyro, Paper Yoshi, Yoshi876)
  281. [2015-04-17 17:58:23] <Mariofan169> ...huh
  282. [2015-04-17 17:58:32] <Mariofan169> how do you join
  283. [2015-04-17 17:58:39] <Anton{Politoed}> 4sign up
  284. [2015-04-17 17:58:52] <Meowth> 12i'm not going to contribute too much to the meeting tonight i don't think
  285. [2015-04-17 17:59:09] <Meowth> 12i haven't payed enough attention to the shroom since i quit, sorry >_>
  286. [2015-04-17 17:59:19] <Icemario> ^
  287. [2015-04-17 17:59:24] <Superchao> you're fired
  288. [2015-04-17 17:59:27] <Superchao> not you icemario
  289. [2015-04-17 17:59:30] <Icemario> :>
  290. [2015-04-17 17:59:31] <Superchao> just smasher
  291. [2015-04-17 17:59:37] <SMB> no, him too
  292. [2015-04-17 17:59:38] <Mariofan169> it's that easy?
  293. [2015-04-17 17:59:44] <SMB> *rage decisions*
  294. [2015-04-17 17:59:49] =-= Mode #mwikiawards -v Superchao by Meowth
  295. [2015-04-17 17:59:50] <Gamefreak75> im on the same boat as smasher
  296. [2015-04-17 18:00:04] <Gamefreak75> *commits sudoku*
  297. [2015-04-17 18:00:04] <Anton{Politoed}> 4well it might be too late now seeing as this is the last meeting really scheduled for awards but
  298. [2015-04-17 18:00:05] <Anton{Politoed}> 4__________
  299. [2015-04-17 18:00:11] <Anton{Politoed}> 4Icemario snuck in right in time
  300. [2015-04-17 18:00:36] <Anton{Politoed}> 4since you've sat here this whole year I could see that as justification for allowing you in next year
  301. [2015-04-17 18:00:51] <Anton{Politoed}> 4anyways I'm adding packy and drift
  302. [2015-04-17 18:01:49] <Anton{Politoed}> 4which I think finishes S5
  303. [2015-04-17 18:01:59] <turb> oh
  304. [2015-04-17 18:02:00] <Anton{Politoed}> 4S6 Favorite New Writer (Lord Bowser, KP, Yoshi876, Palkia47, Driftmaster130, New Super Mario, Yoshi Toad04)
  305. [2015-04-17 18:02:03] <Anton{Politoed}> 4they're all removed
  306. [2015-04-17 18:02:06] <turb> are we doing tournament meetings later
  307. [2015-04-17 18:02:07] <Anton{Politoed}> 4who are new writers
  308. [2015-04-17 18:02:08] <Anton{Politoed}> 4me
  309. [2015-04-17 18:02:09] <Anton{Politoed}> 4I'm adding me
  310. [2015-04-17 18:02:12] <Anton{Politoed}> 4yes
  311. [2015-04-17 18:02:13] <turb> unless we can do that today
  312. [2015-04-17 18:02:14] <turb> ok
  313. [2015-04-17 18:02:44] <Anton{Politoed}> 4if there's time it'll just be a note that people should get their shit together if they wanna host something
  314. [2015-04-17 18:02:47] <Anton{Politoed}> 4which I guess I
  315. [2015-04-17 18:02:48] <Anton{Politoed}> 4just said right now
  316. [2015-04-17 18:02:52] <Anton{Politoed}> 4but I'll say it again later
  317. [2015-04-17 18:02:58] -->| tbb (Mibbit@e8484u1s16852280q.ss.shawcable.net) has joined #mwikiawards
  318. [2015-04-17 18:03:10] <Superchao> lol
  319. [2015-04-17 18:03:11] <Anton{Politoed}> 4shroom peoples did you guys collect new nominees for this award
  320. [2015-04-17 18:03:13] <tbb> is it starting
  321. [2015-04-17 18:03:16] <turb> yeah i was just asking because groden wants to post some ideas for the smash tournament
  322. [2015-04-17 18:03:18] <Anton{Politoed}> 4it's started
  323. [2015-04-17 18:03:22] <turb> it's been on for an hour
  324. [2015-04-17 18:03:25] <tbb> christ im doing bad with attendance
  325. [2015-04-17 18:03:29] <Anton{Politoed}> 4tbb are you a new writer for the shroom
  326. [2015-04-17 18:03:31] <tbb> i blame finals
  327. [2015-04-17 18:03:37] <tbb> not particularly
  328. [2015-04-17 18:03:44] <SMB> he's a former writer that returned
  329. [2015-04-17 18:03:45] <Anton{Politoed}> 4how long
  330. [2015-04-17 18:03:53] <tbb> uuuh i have to see the ad archive
  331. [2015-04-17 18:03:55] <Anton{Politoed}> 4ok does that count as Veteran then
  332. [2015-04-17 18:04:05] -->| _3D_Player_2010 (Mibbit@sgff-83-812-5-569.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net) has joined #mwikiawards
  333. [2015-04-17 18:04:06] <mcd> did we
  334. [2015-04-17 18:04:09] <mcd> uh
  335. [2015-04-17 18:04:12] <mcd> have any new writers
  336. [2015-04-17 18:04:16] <Anton{Politoed}> 4me
  337. [2015-04-17 18:04:16] <turb> he's been doing ads for years now i think
  338. [2015-04-17 18:04:24] <Anton{Politoed}> 4we're keeping this award so I win it
  339. [2015-04-17 18:04:24] <mcd> congrats anton, you win
  340. [2015-04-17 18:04:25] <turb> idk if he took a break at some point i dont know about
  341. [2015-04-17 18:04:37] <tbb> 2008, 2009, and then 2012 - now
  342. [2015-04-17 18:04:49] <tbb> http://www.mariowiki.com/User:Toadbert101/adarchive
  343. [2015-04-17 18:04:50] <tbb> proof
  344. [2015-04-17 18:05:08] <mcd> that's some pretty damning proof
  345. [2015-04-17 18:05:13] <Anton{Politoed}> 4unless I'm literally the only new writer
  346. [2015-04-17 18:05:20] <Anton{Politoed}> 4then you guys need to come up with a new award and nominees
  347. [2015-04-17 18:05:23] <Superchao> i think you just might be
  348. [2015-04-17 18:05:28] <Anton{Politoed}> 4have you guys talked at all about New Writer nominees
  349. [2015-04-17 18:05:35] <tbb> mcd pls
  350. [2015-04-17 18:06:00] <SMB> You're really the only new one that still writes.
  351. [2015-04-17 18:06:01] <Gabumon> 3[03:04] mcd have any new writers
  352. [2015-04-17 18:06:01] <Anton{Politoed}> 4this award isn't something that can be scrapped entirely
  353. [2015-04-17 18:06:06] <Anton{Politoed}> 4it would just need to be replaced for the year
  354. [2015-04-17 18:06:14] <Gabumon> 3there is at least one newcomer tomorrow
  355. [2015-04-17 18:06:15] <Superchao> yeah
  356. [2015-04-17 18:06:24] <Anton{Politoed}> 4I'm adding me and edo
  357. [2015-04-17 18:06:26] <Superchao> >one
  358. [2015-04-17 18:06:30] <Superchao> three isn't enoug
  359. [2015-04-17 18:06:41] <Anton{Politoed}> 4come up with a new idea or I'm keeping it
  360. [2015-04-17 18:06:44] <SMB> If we get new writers within the next few months, we can add it back?
  361. [2015-04-17 18:06:45] <Icemario> This Andymii guy /looks/ like a new writer?
  362. [2015-04-17 18:06:48] <mcd> we should replace new writer with an ad for shroom vacancies
  363. [2015-04-17 18:06:50] <SMB> YES
  364. [2015-04-17 18:06:51] <Anton{Politoed}> 4there's been enough time to figure out that there's no new writers
  365. [2015-04-17 18:06:54] <Gabumon> 3I don't really count as new
  366. [2015-04-17 18:06:56] <Anton{Politoed}> 4moving on to S7
  367. [2015-04-17 18:06:57] <SMB> Andymii has not been here for a year.
  368. [2015-04-17 18:07:09] <mcd> shit, i've just noticed we are really short on shroom staff
  369. [2015-04-17 18:07:20] <SMB> So he's new.
  370. [2015-04-17 18:07:40] <Anton{Politoed}> 4have ideas for S7 been talked about
  371. [2015-04-17 18:07:42] <Anton{Politoed}> 4Best Use of Images
  372. [2015-04-17 18:07:52] <tbb> ive already done my part for that
  373. [2015-04-17 18:07:57] <tbb> i made an ad for reqruiting
  374. [2015-04-17 18:07:59] <tbb> c
  375. [2015-04-17 18:08:23] <Icemario> There's also Lumastar, I believe.
  376. [2015-04-17 18:08:29] <SMB> I think we still need to determine what we will count for a "use of image."
  377. [2015-04-17 18:08:44] <SMB> That said, I think we wanted to take that to the meeting tonight for the AC to discuss.
  378. [2015-04-17 18:08:50] <Anton{Politoed}> 4a section that regularly includes images
  379. [2015-04-17 18:09:31] <SMB> The thing is that some sections /are/ images or rely on them completely - like Toadbert's ads, Edo's sections that use images, and etc.
  380. [2015-04-17 18:09:34] <Anton{Politoed}> 4things like Sprite of the Month might not count since the image being used is just a link back to the wiki
  381. [2015-04-17 18:09:44] <SMB> what we did not determine is whether that includes non-unique images
  382. [2015-04-17 18:09:53] <SMB> like that yeah ^
  383. [2015-04-17 18:09:59] <Anton{Politoed}> 4I don't think it should
  384. [2015-04-17 18:10:05] <Anton{Politoed}> 4unless that image is edited in any way
  385. [2015-04-17 18:10:07] <Gabumon> 3my sections do not rely on images completely
  386. [2015-04-17 18:10:26] <Anton{Politoed}> 4or are there any sections that follow a Cracked format
  387. [2015-04-17 18:10:32] <SMB> Edo: that was worded poorly, my apologies
  388. [2015-04-17 18:10:32] <Anton{Politoed}> 4I don't think tabuu writes for the shroom
  389. [2015-04-17 18:10:44] <Anton{Politoed}> 4that's the only "Use of Image" that's non-unique that I could see working
  390. [2015-04-17 18:11:21] <tbb> user soup kinda deal
  391. [2015-04-17 18:11:39] <SMB> Actually it came out completely wrong, what I meant is sections that include unique material
  392. [2015-04-17 18:11:56] <SMB> /or/ sections that are images and such
  393. [2015-04-17 18:12:06] <SMB> Toadbert's is an example of a section that literally is an image
  394. [2015-04-17 18:12:14] <Anton{Politoed}> 4mine is an image too
  395. [2015-04-17 18:12:16] <Anton{Politoed}> 4entirely
  396. [2015-04-17 18:12:19] <tbb> it probably wouldnt be if i hadnt started the ads back in 2008
  397. [2015-04-17 18:12:24] <tbb> because that was the requirement back then
  398. [2015-04-17 18:12:33] <tbb> but i just stuck with it
  399. [2015-04-17 18:12:35] <SMB> Edo's is an example of a section that, while it is not an images, uses images to enhance it.
  400. [2015-04-17 18:12:41] <SMB> And he makes those images.
  401. [2015-04-17 18:12:46] <SMB> Anton's is also an image.
  402. [2015-04-17 18:12:52] |<-- Mariofan169 has left irc.darkmyst.org (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
  403. [2015-04-17 18:13:08] <SMB> An example I meant outside of that would be Critic Corner sections
  404. [2015-04-17 18:13:24] <SMB> They do not use images that are user-created, but the images have to be used well.
  405. [2015-04-17 18:13:38] <Anton{Politoed}> 4I could see that
  406. [2015-04-17 18:13:39] <SMB> And I think that was the gray-area that Edo brought up in our staff meeting
  407. [2015-04-17 18:13:43] <tbb> S7 - anton vs tb beatdown
  408. [2015-04-17 18:13:56] <Anton{Politoed}> 4whoever wins, it's still fake news
  409. [2015-04-17 18:13:58] <Anton{Politoed}> 4we're the best
  410. [2015-04-17 18:14:02] <tbb> aw yeis
  411. [2015-04-17 18:14:04] * Anton{Politoed} 4poses
  412. [2015-04-17 18:14:09] <tbb> just like real wrestling
  413. [2015-04-17 18:14:11] <Anton{Politoed}> 4the best news team in town
  414. [2015-04-17 18:14:18] <SMB> We would certainly include any section that uses writer-created graphics.
  415. [2015-04-17 18:14:40] <Gabumon> 3yes, thats the general idea
  416. [2015-04-17 18:14:41] <Anton{Politoed}> 4either way this debate seems more about individual exceptions to a broad definition so it might be better to round up all nominee ideas and we can chip away at that
  417. [2015-04-17 18:16:44] <Anton{Politoed}> 4ok so with that I'll leave you guys to figure out nominees for next week and we can move on to S8
  418. [2015-04-17 18:16:58] <Anton{Politoed}> 4Favorite Issue of the Past Year
  419. [2015-04-17 18:17:00] <Anton{Politoed}> 4quite simple
  420. [2015-04-17 18:17:12] <Anton{Politoed}> 4only concern is June 2014
  421. [2015-04-17 18:17:19] <Anton{Politoed}> 4was that out before or after last year's poll
  422. [2015-04-17 18:17:52] <Superchao> it wasn't on last year's poll
  423. [2015-04-17 18:18:01] <Superchao> which i think is enough to put it on this year's one
  424. [2015-04-17 18:18:09] <Anton{Politoed}> 4gr8
  425. [2015-04-17 18:18:42] <Anton{Politoed}> 4June 2015 comes out 3 days after the poll goes up
  426. [2015-04-17 18:18:52] <Anton{Politoed}> 4so it's not included
  427. [2015-04-17 18:18:55] <Anton{Politoed}> 4and will be next year
  428. [2015-04-17 18:20:25] <Superchao> yep
  429. [2015-04-17 18:20:29] <Superchao> it's always june-may
  430. [2015-04-17 18:20:36] <Anton{Politoed}> 4S9 was Favorite Event
  431. [2015-04-17 18:20:46] <Anton{Politoed}> 4that got scrapped and replaced with Favorite Special Issue
  432. [2015-04-17 18:20:54] <Anton{Politoed}> 4Favorite Special Issue (Issue XXX, Holiday Issue 2009, Holiday Issue XLV (2010), Issue L, Awards Issue LIV, Holiday Issue LVII (2011), Issue 64, Awards Issue LXVI, Holiday Issue LXIX (2012), Issue LXXV, Awards Issue LXXVIII, Holiday Issue LXXXI (2013), Issue LXXXVIII, Awards Issue XC, Holiday Issue XCIII (2014))
  433. [2015-04-17 18:21:18] <Anton{Politoed}> 4Issue 100 is July so that will be next year if this award remains unchanged
  434. [2015-04-17 18:22:18] <Anton{Politoed}> 4are there any other special issues that weren't included
  435. [2015-04-17 18:22:45] <Anton{Politoed}> 4is Gamefreak75's issue there
  436. [2015-04-17 18:22:49] <Anton{Politoed}> 4what are roman numerals
  437. [2015-04-17 18:22:53] <mcd> LXXV is 75
  438. [2015-04-17 18:22:55] <mcd> so yeah
  439. [2015-04-17 18:22:58] <Anton{Politoed}> 4ok yeah it us
  440. [2015-04-17 18:23:24] <Anton{Politoed}> 4ok I thhhhhhhhhhhhink that's all of them???????
  441. [2015-04-17 18:23:33] <Anton{Politoed}> 4issue extra crispy is there
  442. [2015-04-17 18:23:33] <Anton{Politoed}> 4good
  443. [2015-04-17 18:23:51] <Gabumon> 3iirc I proposed in one shroom meeting to add the corresponding numbers behind the roman numerals in parentheses
  444. [2015-04-17 18:24:10] <Gabumon> 3like "Issue XXX (30)"
  445. [2015-04-17 18:24:17] <Anton{Politoed}> 4how would that be formatted alongside the years in parentheses
  446. [2015-04-17 18:24:31] <Anton{Politoed}> 4semantics but it's still a thing to consider
  447. [2015-04-17 18:25:22] <Meowth> 12make issue 101 about me and put that on there
  448. [2015-04-17 18:25:32] <Meowth> 12(no)
  449. [2015-04-17 18:25:36] <Anton{Politoed}> 4good idea
  450. [2015-04-17 18:25:38] <Anton{Politoed}> 4that will be next year though
  451. [2015-04-17 18:25:45] <Anton{Politoed}> 4it's too late I'm adding it next year
  452. [2015-04-17 18:25:46] <Gabumon> 3to be honest, I forgot. The meeting was a while back
  453. [2015-04-17 18:25:53] =-= Puddin|afk is now known as Puddin
  454. [2015-04-17 18:26:05] <Anton{Politoed}> 4ok that can be dealt with later, I'll just write a note for it
  455. [2015-04-17 18:26:09] <Gamefreak75> issue 101 will be made by anons
  456. [2015-04-17 18:26:16] <Gamefreak75> fake news 101
  457. [2015-04-17 18:26:25] <Gamefreak75> pipe plaza 101
  458. [2015-04-17 18:26:40] <Anton{Politoed}> 4that leaves S10
  459. [2015-04-17 18:26:42] <Anton{Politoed}> 4'Shroom Lifetime Achievement (Confused, Plumber, Stooben Rooben, Henry Tucayo Clay, Ralphfan, Super Mario Bros.)
  460. [2015-04-17 18:26:54] <Anton{Politoed}> 4this is marked blue because there was considerations for redefining it like U10 was
  461. [2015-04-17 18:27:07] <Anton{Politoed}> 4did that make any headway
  462. [2015-04-17 18:27:11] <Superchao> add me
  463. [2015-04-17 18:27:13] <Superchao> (don't add me)
  464. [2015-04-17 18:27:20] <Anton{Politoed}> 4if not, are there new nominees
  465. [2015-04-17 18:28:16] |<-- SnoruntPyro has left irc.darkmyst.org (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
  466. [2015-04-17 18:28:25] <SMB> What did you guys do with U10, again?
  467. [2015-04-17 18:28:38] <SMB> I apologize that I haven't but 100% up-to-date with it
  468. [2015-04-17 18:28:48] <SMB> But I know you mentioned that it's more inclusive
  469. [2015-04-17 18:29:02] <Anton{Politoed}> 4lowering the bar
  470. [2015-04-17 18:29:07] <Anton{Politoed}> 4which sounds bad but it's what it is
  471. [2015-04-17 18:29:21] <Anton{Politoed}> 4not requiring someone to be the leader of every aspect of the wiki in order to become a nominee
  472. [2015-04-17 18:29:40] <Anton{Politoed}> 4and making it more recent achievements instead of awarding someone for something they did in 2008
  473. [2015-04-17 18:30:06] <Anton{Politoed}> 4I think what I saw with the S10 discussion was including people like Yoshi876 who writes like 76 sections for the shroom
  474. [2015-04-17 18:30:32] <Anton{Politoed}> 4but it would also mean removing people who haven't done a thing in years
  475. [2015-04-17 18:30:34] <tbb> not enough
  476. [2015-04-17 18:30:39] <tbb> also has to be a crat on userpedia
  477. [2015-04-17 18:31:12] <Gamefreak75> needs to have won the nobel peace prize too
  478. [2015-04-17 18:31:15] <Anton{Politoed}> 4you're right
  479. [2015-04-17 18:31:26] <mcd> also needs to be the chosen one
  480. [2015-04-17 18:31:27] <SMB> Yoshi876 should certainly be included
  481. [2015-04-17 18:31:34] <SMB> I also feel Dippy should
  482. [2015-04-17 18:31:38] <SMB> And Edo
  483. [2015-04-17 18:31:39] <tbb> dippy like
  484. [2015-04-17 18:31:46] <tbb> bought games every month for her section
  485. [2015-04-17 18:32:17] <Anton{Politoed}> 4good idea mcd I'll go let javelin know right now
  486. [2015-04-17 18:32:29] <Uniju> sorry im late again i forgot the meeting was tonight
  487. [2015-04-17 18:32:49] <Gabumon> 3what did I do recently though
  488. [2015-04-17 18:32:54] <tbb> we need like a darkmyst wide server announcement of when these happen
  489. [2015-04-17 18:33:01] <Anton{Politoed}> 4let's tell ryan
  490. [2015-04-17 18:33:04] <tbb> except not darkmyst wide
  491. [2015-04-17 18:33:25] <Anton{Politoed}> 4Gabumon: you fixed the colors of the sections
  492. [2015-04-17 18:33:33] <mcd> we can get him to do that if we nominate him for u10
  493. [2015-04-17 18:33:52] <Anton{Politoed}> 4reasons for ryan's inclusion in U10:
  494. [2015-04-17 18:33:58] <Gabumon> 3that is hardly a significant accomplishment though, lol
  495. [2015-04-17 18:34:02] <Anton{Politoed}> 4*didn't kick us off of darkmyst when we were shits
  496. [2015-04-17 18:34:48] <SMB> I feel Dippy's, Edo's, and Yoshi876's contributions have been invaluable
  497. [2015-04-17 18:35:01] <SMB> and The 'Shroom has been impacted significantly by the three of them
  498. [2015-04-17 18:35:32] <tbb> i bet we've cemented our place in darkmyst hell
  499. [2015-04-17 18:35:42] <Uniju> #mariowiki has no rules
  500. [2015-04-17 18:36:21] <Anton{Politoed}> 4I'm adding those 3 people because I agree
  501. [2015-04-17 18:36:29] <Anton{Politoed}> 4unless edo you decline to be added
  502. [2015-04-17 18:36:33] <Anton{Politoed}> 4you're free to do so
  503. [2015-04-17 18:37:03] <Anton{Politoed}> 4but with that are there any more nominees and would anyone be removed at this time
  504. [2015-04-17 18:37:15] <Gabumon> 3nah its fine
  505. [2015-04-17 18:37:50] <tbb> how many shroom awards need work by the way
  506. [2015-04-17 18:39:29] <Anton{Politoed}> 4S6 and S7 need nominees
  507. [2015-04-17 18:39:47] <Anton{Politoed}> 4and S4 if we're keeping it as "Favorite Retired Writer"
  508. [2015-04-17 18:39:51] <Anton{Politoed}> 4otherwise we need another idea
  509. [2015-04-17 18:40:09] <Anton{Politoed}> 4and S10 with whatever we're working on now
  510. [2015-04-17 18:40:14] <Anton{Politoed}> 4that being new nominees and people to remove
  511. [2015-04-17 18:40:37] <Anton{Politoed}> 4here's the list for you to reference https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DIuBdzVDXg75fA8_PQoKi7xKvYm5VDJQMSPgytGSSuQ/edit
  512. [2015-04-17 18:40:47] <tbb> i keep losing that thing
  513. [2015-04-17 18:41:01] <Mario4Ever> bookmark it
  514. [2015-04-17 18:41:05] <turb> its in the topic
  515. [2015-04-17 18:41:10] <tbb> shit
  516. [2015-04-17 18:41:15] <Anton{Politoed}> 4I have all relevant links posted in General Discussion
  517. [2015-04-17 18:41:23] <tbb> bookmarking would not help bookmarks are rather irrelevant things now
  518. [2015-04-17 18:41:26] <tbb> my folder is so huge
  519. [2015-04-17 18:41:29] <Anton{Politoed}> 4http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=34099.0
  520. [2015-04-17 18:41:30] <tbb> i forget whats all in there
  521. [2015-04-17 18:41:30] -->| Mariofan169 (Mibbit@798-861-844-90.lightspeed.iplsin.sbcglobal.net) has joined #mwikiawards
  522. [2015-04-17 18:42:57] <Anton{Politoed}> 4ok 3 more minutes of no discussion on S10 and I'm moving on to the next topic
  523. [2015-04-17 18:43:42] <SMB> Those are the only nominees I have to offer, so I'm okay with moving on.
  524. [2015-04-17 18:43:46] <Uniju> unfortunately i have nothing to say about shroom at all. besides add me to favourite retired writer
  525. [2015-04-17 18:43:47] <turb> i cant think of anyone who needs added or removed from s10
  526. [2015-04-17 18:43:54] <turb> yeah im kinda out of ideas for shroom
  527. [2015-04-17 18:44:10] <Meowth> 12add me
  528. [2015-04-17 18:44:14] <Anton{Politoed}> 4uniju is that a serious suggestion
  529. [2015-04-17 18:44:17] <Meowth> 12ignore the fact that i didn't do that much
  530. [2015-04-17 18:44:19] <Anton{Politoed}> 4I have no idea if you're written anything lol
  531. [2015-04-17 18:44:23] <Anton{Politoed}> 4you've*
  532. [2015-04-17 18:44:25] <tbb> he was in an interview
  533. [2015-04-17 18:44:25] <Meowth> 12(do NOT add me)
  534. [2015-04-17 18:44:27] <Uniju> no i was kidding i did like three things for fake news in 2007
  535. [2015-04-17 18:44:30] <Uniju> oh that too
  536. [2015-04-17 18:44:31] <tbb> of which the name was stolen from me by turb
  537. [2015-04-17 18:44:50] <turb> stop making good titles then
  538. [2015-04-17 18:45:00] <Anton{Politoed}> 4ok so whatever loose ends there are I'm going to leave up to shroom people and we'll finish it up next week
  539. [2015-04-17 18:45:36] <Anton{Politoed}> 4keep in mind I really am going to keep Favorite New Writer unless I'm given another idea
  540. [2015-04-17 18:46:00] <Anton{Politoed}> 4ok !!!!!!
  541. [2015-04-17 18:46:05] <Icemario> I think I said Lumastar earlier as well, for the record.
  542. [2015-04-17 18:46:13] <Anton{Politoed}> 4so with that, pretty much all of the awards talk is over
  543. [2015-04-17 18:46:17] <Anton{Politoed}> 4(yeah, I added him)
  544. [2015-04-17 18:46:18] <tbb> we did it
  545. [2015-04-17 18:46:21] <Icemario> Oh okay.
  546. [2015-04-17 18:46:34] <tbb> are we talking tourneys
  547. [2015-04-17 18:46:44] <Anton{Politoed}> 4and the rest of discussion will be for Tournaments and various tiny things that need to be finished
  548. [2015-04-17 18:46:56] <tbb> how many more slots for meetings did we have
  549. [2015-04-17 18:46:56] <Anton{Politoed}> 4May 1st I have scheduled the Complete Review of all awards
  550. [2015-04-17 18:47:03] <tbb> or is there even such a thing
  551. [2015-04-17 18:47:06] <Anton{Politoed}> 4we're 2 weeks ahead
  552. [2015-04-17 18:47:19] <Nibbs> 6:O
  553. [2015-04-17 18:47:22] <Anton{Politoed}> 4it looks like we're 1 week ahead if you look at the schedule but I did bump things up
  554. [2015-04-17 18:47:49] <Anton{Politoed}> 4regarding tournaments
  555. [2015-04-17 18:47:51] <Anton{Politoed}> 4https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjtTHKHauMkJdDFmZG5tQ2lpVVk0b2hITUFkZlhwLWc&usp#gid=0
  556. [2015-04-17 18:47:59] <Anton{Politoed}> 4there's the tokens from last year, and will also serve as the token sheet for 2015
  557. [2015-04-17 18:48:17] <Anton{Politoed}> 4my idea to reset tokens is still a thing to be discussed but it won't be done this year
  558. [2015-04-17 18:48:28] <Anton{Politoed}> 4but I will be encouraging anyone who still has a fucking ton of tokens to spend them on something
  559. [2015-04-17 18:48:30] <Anton{Politoed}> 4cough cough
  560. [2015-04-17 18:48:31] <Anton{Politoed}> 4cirdec
  561. [2015-04-17 18:48:32] <Gamefreak75> what do win for being early
  562. [2015-04-17 18:48:41] <Gamefreak75> do we win
  563. [2015-04-17 18:48:53] <turb> oh i thought we were doing the reset this year
  564. [2015-04-17 18:48:56] <Icemario> Wasn't it to reset every two years or something, anyway?
  565. [2015-04-17 18:48:57] <Anton{Politoed}> 4or fucking stop playing tournaments if you're going to win every token and not spend them except on the sole EU nintendo points card
  566. [2015-04-17 18:49:00] <tbb> inter office handshakes
  567. [2015-04-17 18:49:02] <Anton{Politoed}> 4because that's shit and also not fair to everyone else
  568. [2015-04-17 18:49:09] <turb> i was going to ask how many of cirdec's tokens would get destroyed this year
  569. [2015-04-17 18:49:22] <turb> like he has steam
  570. [2015-04-17 18:49:25] <turb> idk why he
  571. [2015-04-17 18:49:29] <turb> doesn't buy anything there
  572. [2015-04-17 18:49:38] <Anton{Politoed}> 4if this is implemented it would mean next year he loses 405 tokens
  573. [2015-04-17 18:49:43] <Mario4Ever> good
  574. [2015-04-17 18:50:01] <turb> good
  575. [2015-04-17 18:50:06] <Mario4Ever> it's not a savings account
  576. [2015-04-17 18:50:06] <mcd> but its not good because they could have been yours if he wasnt there :(
  577. [2015-04-17 18:50:07] <Anton{Politoed}> 4either way we're inflating token prizes and the price of awards
  578. [2015-04-17 18:50:12] <turb> no i was there
  579. [2015-04-17 18:50:16] <turb> i couldn't beat him in mario kart
  580. [2015-04-17 18:50:24] <Anton{Politoed}> 4which is something I guess me and blocky and smasher can discuss
  581. [2015-04-17 18:50:29] <mcd> if he wasnt there youd beat him by default
  582. [2015-04-17 18:50:32] <Anton{Politoed}> 4also with turb because he knows what the fuck was done the last 2 years
  583. [2015-04-17 18:50:33] <tbb> aw yeis inflation
  584. [2015-04-17 18:50:35] <turb> yeah mcd
  585. [2015-04-17 18:50:38] <Anton{Politoed}> 4and groden who isn't here but he has gr8 ideas
  586. [2015-04-17 18:50:43] <turb> ye i was gonna say
  587. [2015-04-17 18:50:48] <tbb> i messaged groden but hes away
  588. [2015-04-17 18:50:51] <turb> bill has been talking about token pricing ideas
  589. [2015-04-17 18:51:01] <Anton{Politoed}> 4so my notes for tournaments have things like
  590. [2015-04-17 18:51:02] <Anton{Politoed}> 4*Ask people what kind of tournaments they’d be willing to host, or tournaments they’d like to see
  591. [2015-04-17 18:51:04] <turb> i wasn't sure if it was worth inviting him because the meeting's over in 10 minutes
  592. [2015-04-17 18:51:10] <Anton{Politoed}> 4so, if you want to host a tournament, let me know
  593. [2015-04-17 18:51:15] <Anton{Politoed}> 4it might be better to send a PM
  594. [2015-04-17 18:51:33] <Anton{Politoed}> 4all AC meetings from here on out that don't deal with award loose ends are for planning individual tournaments
  595. [2015-04-17 18:51:37] <tbb> oh
  596. [2015-04-17 18:51:45] <Uniju> plz crowdfund tbxp'd minecraft awards so we dont have to put up with ltq for a third year
  597. [2015-04-17 18:51:52] <Meowth> 12i'm interested in returning to my mafia hosting duties
  598. [2015-04-17 18:51:54] <Anton{Politoed}> 4Groden is doing Smash Bros.
  599. [2015-04-17 18:51:55] <tbb> donate server
  600. [2015-04-17 18:51:59] <Gamefreak75> wheres the kickstarter page
  601. [2015-04-17 18:52:00] <Anton{Politoed}> 4he's requested me to find someone to help him do it
  602. [2015-04-17 18:52:11] <tbb> i dont even know if i could think of new ideas
  603. [2015-04-17 18:52:13] <Anton{Politoed}> 4smasher is doing mafia and isn't blocky halping??
  604. [2015-04-17 18:52:13] <mcd> i could do mafia again
  605. [2015-04-17 18:52:19] <tbb> i kinda cashed all in on that list
  606. [2015-04-17 18:52:24] <Anton{Politoed}> 4http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=34130.0
  607. [2015-04-17 18:52:27] <Anton{Politoed}> 4I'll update that soon
  608. [2015-04-17 18:52:31] <Meowth> 12i thought both mcd and blocky volunteered
  609. [2015-04-17 18:52:33] <Gamefreak75> im not going to join mafia because im just going to die night 1 again
  610. [2015-04-17 18:52:43] <mcd> host with us
  611. [2015-04-17 18:52:45] <mcd> four hosts
  612. [2015-04-17 18:52:46] <Nibbs> 6sorry
  613. [2015-04-17 18:52:48] <Icemario> I feel your struggle.
  614. [2015-04-17 18:52:49] <Uniju> yeah but the ideas from that list were never competently implemented so they're still fresh
  615. [2015-04-17 18:52:51] <mcd> everybody hosts
  616. [2015-04-17 18:52:53] <Anton{Politoed}> 4if it's all of you guys go for it
  617. [2015-04-17 18:52:56] <tbb> i suppose
  618. [2015-04-17 18:52:59] <Gamefreak75> can i host and choose who to kill
  619. [2015-04-17 18:53:00] <Meowth> 12either they fight to the death to decide who joins me or we have three hosts this time
  620. [2015-04-17 18:53:12] <Meowth> 12which might actually work out decently
  621. [2015-04-17 18:53:15] <Anton{Politoed}> 4"-I (Anton) will likely be holding an Awesomenauts tournament, sign-ups posted in April."
  622. [2015-04-17 18:53:21] <Anton{Politoed}> 4"-Packy will probably be doing Pokemon in some way, so check on him."
  623. [2015-04-17 18:53:27] <Anton{Politoed}> 4"-ltq w/ MK8"
  624. [2015-04-17 18:53:33] <Anton{Politoed}> 4"-DF w/ Yugioh"
  625. [2015-04-17 18:53:41] <Anton{Politoed}> 4"-Minecraft, MK7, Mafia, etc.?"
  626. [2015-04-17 18:53:44] <tbb> groden responded
  627. [2015-04-17 18:53:47] <tbb> should we talk it out
  628. [2015-04-17 18:53:48] <SMB> Can 'Shroom co-host/promote/support any events?
  629. [2015-04-17 18:53:57] <Anton{Politoed}> 4sure !!
  630. [2015-04-17 18:53:58] <Uniju> yeah you can fund minecraft
  631. [2015-04-17 18:53:59] <Meowth> 12i'm all for that
  632. [2015-04-17 18:54:00] <mcd> would a writing competition be a good idea
  633. [2015-04-17 18:54:02] <SMB> We would be interested in helping out.
  634. [2015-04-17 18:54:12] <mcd> just kinda brainstorming here
  635. [2015-04-17 18:54:12] <Uniju> writing competition is basically the presentations
  636. [2015-04-17 18:54:14] <tbb> i think a writing competition would be cool
  637. [2015-04-17 18:54:19] |<-- Mariofan169 has left irc.darkmyst.org (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
  638. [2015-04-17 18:54:20] <tbb> but yeah it needs something to set it apart
  639. [2015-04-17 18:54:27] <Anton{Politoed}> 4mcd: it could be, I do have a general "art contest???"
  640. [2015-04-17 18:54:28] <tbb> esopecially since most presentations are written
  641. [2015-04-17 18:54:33] <Anton{Politoed}> 4and writing could be part of it
  642. [2015-04-17 18:54:35] <mcd> that could kinda be co-hosted w/ the shroom too
  643. [2015-04-17 18:54:40] <Anton{Politoed}> 4sounds gr8
  644. [2015-04-17 18:54:53] <Superchao> i'm fine with triple-hosting
  645. [2015-04-17 18:54:58] <tbb> if theres art going around id have to get off my ass and work on that thing i was working on
  646. [2015-04-17 18:55:16] <Anton{Politoed}> 4fucking
  647. [2015-04-17 18:55:17] <Anton{Politoed}> 4good idea me
  648. [2015-04-17 18:55:22] <Anton{Politoed}> 4this is the 10th anniversary of the wiki
  649. [2015-04-17 18:55:27] <Anton{Politoed}> 4make a fucking art contest to do something for that
  650. [2015-04-17 18:55:27] <tbb> i want to art
  651. [2015-04-17 18:55:32] <Anton{Politoed}> 4I have such good ideas
  652. [2015-04-17 18:55:32] <SMB> !
  653. [2015-04-17 18:55:35] <SMB> yes
  654. [2015-04-17 18:55:57] <turb> art contest to make a new logo
  655. [2015-04-17 18:55:59] <tbb> what would people draw
  656. [2015-04-17 18:56:00] <tbb> im curious
  657. [2015-04-17 18:56:09] <Gamefreak75> planet mario returns
  658. [2015-04-17 18:56:14] <Mario4Ever> lol
  659. [2015-04-17 18:57:05] <tbb> return of super mario saves breakfast
  660. [2015-04-17 18:57:13] <tbb> http://www.mariowiki.com/File:3984.jpg
  661. [2015-04-17 18:57:37] <mcd> i need to go to bed
  662. [2015-04-17 18:57:38] <mcd> goodnight
  663. [2015-04-17 18:57:41] |<-- mcd has left irc.darkmyst.org (Quit: z)
  664. [2015-04-17 18:57:42] <Anton{Politoed}> 4have fun
  665. [2015-04-17 18:57:51] <Anton{Politoed}> 4are there any other big concerns regarding tournaments
  666. [2015-04-17 18:57:55] <tbb> where es groden
  667. [2015-04-17 18:57:56] <Anton{Politoed}> 4token counts
  668. [2015-04-17 18:57:59] <Anton{Politoed}> 4token inflation
  669. [2015-04-17 18:58:04] <Anton{Politoed}> 4getting people to host shit
  670. [2015-04-17 18:58:05] <Anton{Politoed}> 4what else
  671. [2015-04-17 18:58:16] <tbb> token control?
  672. [2015-04-17 18:58:18] <Icemario> Dates, maybe?
  673. [2015-04-17 18:58:21] <tbb> i dunno if its still an issue
  674. [2015-04-17 18:58:24] <turb> ltq having problems managing time zones for mario kart
  675. [2015-04-17 18:58:30] <Anton{Politoed}> 4dates are up to individual hosts
  676. [2015-04-17 18:58:33] <Anton{Politoed}> 4but
  677. [2015-04-17 18:58:44] |<-- Gabumon has left irc.darkmyst.org (Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by Edofenrir!chatzilla@gfsw-842-811-708-818.892.311.pools.vodafone-ip.de)))
  678. [2015-04-17 18:58:46] <turb> idk if we already asked him about that
  679. [2015-04-17 18:58:51] <Anton{Politoed}> 4tournaments should take place between June and August
  680. [2015-04-17 18:59:02] -->| Gabumon (chatzilla@gfsw-842-811-708-818.892.311.pools.vodafone-ip.de) has joined #mwikiawards
  681. [2015-04-17 18:59:02] =-= Mode #mwikiawards +o Gabumon by ChanServ
  682. [2015-04-17 18:59:02] <Anton{Politoed}> 4Mafia tends to go over but that should be the only one
  683. [2015-04-17 18:59:17] <Icemario> Okay then.
  684. [2015-04-17 18:59:18] <Anton{Politoed}> 4oh, also
  685. [2015-04-17 18:59:19] <Anton{Politoed}> 4prizes
  686. [2015-04-17 18:59:22] <Anton{Politoed}> 4people should donate prizes
  687. [2015-04-17 18:59:26] <Anton{Politoed}> 4steam is always good
  688. [2015-04-17 18:59:33] <Nibbs> 6i think i will donate at least one steam game
  689. [2015-04-17 18:59:33] <Anton{Politoed}> 4wait until the Summer Sale to save your wallets
  690. [2015-04-17 18:59:37] <Nibbs> 6i plan to anyways
  691. [2015-04-17 18:59:46] <Anton{Politoed}> 4also nintendo points cards
  692. [2015-04-17 18:59:50] <Icemario> I plan to donate some orange juice to keep you hydrated in this hot weather.
  693. [2015-04-17 18:59:51] <Anton{Politoed}> 4if people can get EU ones that'd be gr8
  694. [2015-04-17 18:59:54] <Anton{Politoed}> 4itunes shit
  695. [2015-04-17 19:00:00] <Anton{Politoed}> 4https://www.paypal-gifts.com/us/giftcardlist
  696. [2015-04-17 19:00:05] <Anton{Politoed}> 4gift cards if you're feeling saucy
  697. [2015-04-17 19:00:12] <Mario4Ever> eshop download codes for specific games can be donated on a limited basis (i.e. the ones that let you buy them from the website)
  698. [2015-04-17 19:00:20] <Gamefreak75> i will donate starbucks giftcards
  699. [2015-04-17 19:00:25] <Anton{Politoed}> 4here's UK https://www.paypal-gifts.com/uk/
  700. [2015-04-17 19:00:28] <Gamefreak75> its what all the kids want thse days
  701. [2015-04-17 19:00:31] <tbb> i have a gas station hotdog
  702. [2015-04-17 19:00:33] <Anton{Politoed}> 4other countries are available if anyone's seriously considering those
  703. [2015-04-17 19:01:00] -->| Mariofan169 (Mibbit@798-861-844-90.lightspeed.iplsin.sbcglobal.net) has joined #mwikiawards
  704. [2015-04-17 19:01:08] <Anton{Politoed}> 4prize donations don't have any set values
  705. [2015-04-17 19:01:15] -->| groden (Mibbit@107.50.lip.vzv) has joined #mwikiawards
  706. [2015-04-17 19:01:18] <Anton{Politoed}> 4prize worth determines token cost
  707. [2015-04-17 19:01:22] <tbb> wow its u
  708. [2015-04-17 19:01:37] <Anton{Politoed}> 4but be aware that if there's like 12 $400 games that like only 1 person might choose it and be able to do so
  709. [2015-04-17 19:01:50] <Anton{Politoed}> 4also yeah technically meeting is over
  710. [2015-04-17 19:01:51] <Anton{Politoed}> 4we did it
  711. [2015-04-17 19:01:55] <Uniju> gg
  712. [2015-04-17 19:01:56] <Icemario> gg
  713. [2015-04-17 19:01:57] <Icemario> no re
  714. [2015-04-17 19:01:58] <Anton{Politoed}> 4groden is here to do whatever he was gonna do though
  715. [2015-04-17 19:02:07] <tbb> he is piggy
  716. [2015-04-17 19:02:09] <tbb> he has the conch
  717. [2015-04-17 19:02:12] <tbb> he has the right to speak
  718. [2015-04-17 19:02:21] <groden> was there any tournament discussion i missed
  719. [2015-04-17 19:03:15] <turb> nothing was discussed in depth
  720. [2015-04-17 19:03:20] <turb> just dates for them and stuff
  721. [2015-04-17 19:03:23] <Anton{Politoed}> 4I can get logs but nothing really concrete yeah
  722. [2015-04-17 19:03:27] <groden> anyway i think most people involved are aware of the plan for smash
  723. [2015-04-17 19:03:33] <Icemario> Mostly regarding tokens, possible reset planned this year and inflation will be thing.
  724. [2015-04-17 19:03:51] <Mariofan169> groden when's your tournament
  725. [2015-04-17 19:03:52] <groden> guessing 3ds is the most popular, wii u is likely, and 64 is a big maybe
  726. [2015-04-17 19:04:02] <groden> tournament would be ongoing in june or july since it'd be swiss style
  727. [2015-04-17 19:04:19] <Icemario> People generally prefer Wii U but I think more people have 3DS.
  728. [2015-04-17 19:04:26] <groden> yeah
  729. [2015-04-17 19:04:28] <Anton{Politoed}> 4http://pastebin.com/Fr9faDUC
  730. [2015-04-17 19:05:46] <SMB> wait
  731. [2015-04-17 19:05:47] <groden> does anyone have a close estimate of how many smash 4 players there are
  732. [2015-04-17 19:05:58] <SMB> I apologize to interrupt, but
  733. [2015-04-17 19:06:04] <SMB> "and 64 is a big maybe"
  734. [2015-04-17 19:06:14] <SMB> They have Smash 64 tournaments online?
  735. [2015-04-17 19:06:28] <groden> thats actually a huge part of the 64 community
  736. [2015-04-17 19:07:00] <groden> pretty easy to set up as long as people are aware of netplay project 64 and theres actually a decent amount of people wanting to play
  737. [2015-04-17 19:07:05] <Anton{Politoed}> 4groden I have no idea about specifics but I guess expect a turnout like you got with tf2
  738. [2015-04-17 19:07:08] <Anton{Politoed}> 4perhaps a little more
  739. [2015-04-17 19:07:30] <SMB> That's amazing, I'd be interested in playing that.
  740. [2015-04-17 19:07:34] <groden> brawl in 2011 had 30 something i think but i don't know if the site has shrunk or grown since then
  741. [2015-04-17 19:08:18] <groden> theres a few people who do netplay melee and project m but not nearly enough to warrant an event
  742. [2015-04-17 19:08:31] <Anton{Politoed}> 4also I haven't found anyone to host with you yet
  743. [2015-04-17 19:08:57] <--| Mariofan169 has left #mwikiawards
  744. [2015-04-17 19:09:13] <groden> i'd basically just need regional mods
  745. [2015-04-17 19:09:21] <groden> and it's looking like it'd probably be 2-3 regions
  746. [2015-04-17 19:10:26] <groden> i forget, who else wanted to do smash?
  747. [2015-04-17 19:10:48] <Anton{Politoed}> 4I thhhhhhhink ltq offered and also lumastar
  748. [2015-04-17 19:11:02] <Anton{Politoed}> 4ltq wasn't really a popular host sssssssso idk about that
  749. [2015-04-17 19:11:09] <turb> neither was lumastar
  750. [2015-04-17 19:11:10] <turb> he
  751. [2015-04-17 19:11:11] <turb> um
  752. [2015-04-17 19:11:17] <Anton{Politoed}> 4and lumastar I don't really want to have authority over something like that
  753. [2015-04-17 19:11:23] <turb> basically, the mario golf tournament was hosted by the participants
  754. [2015-04-17 19:11:28] <turb> he just sort of sat there and watched
  755. [2015-04-17 19:11:41] <groden> mario golf? lol
  756. [2015-04-17 19:11:47] <groden> was that emulated or is there a new one with online play
  757. [2015-04-17 19:11:54] <Icemario> The new one.
  758. [2015-04-17 19:11:57] <groden> oh ok
  759. [2015-04-17 19:13:08] <groden> any other events planned so far?
  760. [2015-04-17 19:13:39] <Icemario> I would most likely do the Mario Golf tournament in his place this year.
  761. [2015-04-17 19:13:52] <Icemario> I've already got most of it planned, pfft.
  762. [2015-04-17 19:14:07] <groden> any mario kart this year? minecraft?
  763. [2015-04-17 19:14:12] <_3D_Player_2010> let Icemario do it.
  764. [2015-04-17 19:14:18] <tbb> minecraft is iffy apparently
  765. [2015-04-17 19:14:18] <Anton{Politoed}> 4mafia, pokemon, awesomenauts, mk8, yugioh, minecraft, and a vague art contest
  766. [2015-04-17 19:14:22] <tbb> lakitus internet sucks
  767. [2015-04-17 19:14:34] <Anton{Politoed}> 4minecraft is with pyro but I haven't heard anything about it so it's not confirmed
  768. [2015-04-17 19:14:38] <turb> lakitu doesnt even own the game
  769. [2015-04-17 19:14:47] <groden> the hell
  770. [2015-04-17 19:14:47] <turb> he forced us all to be on offline mode to play on his server
  771. [2015-04-17 19:14:51] <groden> lol
  772. [2015-04-17 19:14:52] <tbb> yeah
  773. [2015-04-17 19:15:05] <Anton{Politoed}> 4with mariokart 8?
  774. [2015-04-17 19:15:16] <tbb> if i had reasonable time and internet id consider hosting it still but
  775. [2015-04-17 19:15:28] <turb> no with minecraft last year
  776. [2015-04-17 19:15:34] <Anton{Politoed}> 4oh ok that makes more sense
  777. [2015-04-17 19:15:36] <Anton{Politoed}> 4I should read
  778. [2015-04-17 19:17:49] <Anton{Politoed}> 4also Icemario I'll add you to the list
  779. [2015-04-17 19:18:17] <Icemario> Okay.
  780. [2015-04-17 19:18:20] <Anton{Politoed}> 4I assume World Tour
  781. [2015-04-17 19:18:23] <Icemario> Yeah.
  782. [2015-04-17 19:18:29] <groden> so anyway are there questions about smash at all or should we just set up as planned and open sign ups in may or whatever
  783. [2015-04-17 19:19:12] <Icemario> What types of tournaments will there be for that, anyway?
  784. [2015-04-17 19:19:22] <Anton{Politoed}> 4I think it'd be fine to open sign-ups and stuff but yeah that
  785. [2015-04-17 19:19:32] <Anton{Politoed}> 4you'd just need to lay out what kinda things would be held
  786. [2015-04-17 19:19:49] <groden> alright
  787. [2015-04-17 19:19:58] <groden> so wii u and 3ds would be split obviously
  788. [2015-04-17 19:20:24] <Anton{Politoed}> 4if you want to you can make a topic here http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?board=72.0
  789. [2015-04-17 19:22:18] <groden> tournament would be split into regions if possible to reduce lag, distribute the wealth a bit better by having more winners (tf2 was notorious for giving more than any other event, but it gave more people chances for prizes), and have a good balance between amount of matches vs. accurate standings
  790. [2015-04-17 19:22:55] <groden> region-split or not, i think swiss style is a good idea to give everyone playing a healthy competition and a strong number of games
  791. [2015-04-17 19:23:37] <groden> since it's online, players can basically play on their own accord which makes swiss style possible, but obviously they have a time limit
  792. [2015-04-17 19:24:57] <Icemario> There's only like four people I know who are European and play Smash 3DS, rip.
  793. [2015-04-17 19:25:18] <groden> yeah thats a concern, was hoping there are enough europeans to have their own region but we'll see
  794. [2015-04-17 19:25:29] <groden> better than having them play west coasters though
  795. [2015-04-17 19:25:53] <Anton{Politoed}> 4that could be figured out with sign-ups
  796. [2015-04-17 19:25:58] <Icemario> I wouldn't mind that if it means more of a tournament, personally.
  797. [2015-04-17 19:26:00] <Anton{Politoed}> 4and if there's not enough they can just be absorbed into another group
  798. [2015-04-17 19:26:01] <Icemario> Also yeah.
  799. [2015-04-17 19:26:10] <groden> would probably have to clump them into east coast
RAW Paste Data