a guest May 3rd, 2017 1,772 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Guide to downloading from clubbox.co.kr
- DISCLAIMER: IF YOU'RE NOT WILING TO JUMP THROUGH HOOPS TO DOWNLOAD WHATEVER OBSCURE JAPANESE SHIT YOU WANT OR YOU JUST WANTED TO DOWNLOAD LATEST ANIMES BECAUSE NYAA IS DOWN THEN THIS GUIDE IS NOT FOR YOU GO BACK TO YOUR TORRENTS PLEASE
- Clubbox is a Korean filesharing service. Think any DDL site, except with its own ad-infested client and the speeds are absolutely awful and never go beyond 50kb/s. The main reason why you may want to bother with it is that is has probably the largest collection of old Japanese (and well, Korean and even some western porn and games) files available for download. Files don't ever get deleted for inactivity so it has many dating back to as early as year 2005 still available for download and it's always guaranteed to finish the download. If that sounds promising to you, check if whatever you want is actually there and proceed with installation.
- Searching for files:
- Simply go to http://search.clubbox.co.kr/. Some Japanese characters get fucked when searching, to give an example searching for "星継駅蒐集箱" currently gives you two results, while searching just for "蒐集箱" returns an additional result. Try to shorten your queries or search with non-Japanese characters if possible (brand name, release date, etc.).
- There is another search engine at http://boxfile.co.kr that seems to return more results (includes private files - more on that later) but you need a clubbox account to download files through it. To start downloads on boxfile, click on the blue button next to the result, then on the light blue download button in the popup (second from the left).
- Registering an account:
- Too much of a bother to write, just read this tutorial: http://winkychan.livejournal.com/39591.html YES YOU NEED TO USE INTERNET EXPLORER
- Installation instructions:
- 1. Prepare a Windows VM, preferably Windows 7 as it ships with IE. This step is optional unless you want to install software that's going to bombard you with ads and are willing to work on Korean locale all the time.
- 2. Change Windows locale settings to Korean. Under Region and Language change the format and location under first and second tab to korean. Language for non-unicode programs doesn't seem to be required but change it too just in case.
- 3. Download http://fpdb.clubbox.co.kr:8000/zmlauncher-setup.exe, and install it. In case it fails, try to install again.
- 4. Open Internet Explorer because this piece of shit software is the most compatible with that browser.
- 5. Then go to search, find your file, click on it and when the popup appears click on the blue download button on the left. In case it wants you to install zmaluncher again, just download and install it. Sometimes the clubbox updater pops up, just wait until it finished updating. If the update fails (happens often), try downloading the file and updating again.
- 6. If everything goes well, you should see the download manager. On the first run it's going to ask you for the download path.
- 7. If you're prompted with a login window in the downloader, you can ignore it - an account is only needed for mileage points.
- 8. You should see your file in the queue, need to wait up to a few minutes for the download to start. Then it should start downloading at those smooth dialup speeds.
- Trouble you might encounter:
- 1. For some reason you might be required to reinstall zmlauncher and re-update clubbox from time to time. I have no idea why this happens.
- 2. When starting a new download, the software might ask you to pay credits or some shit. As long as the file is in your download queue, ignore this - it's going to download anyway.
- 3. No file starts downloading? You didn't set the right locale.
- 4. Starting some downloads fail with a window on your left saying "Denied" next to some files. Last time I encountered this problem I kept on trying to start the download all over again until it came through.
- 5. You need to have enough space on your destination HDD for the file to get decoded after download finishes. Let's say your file is 2GB, you need at least 4GB because after the download finishes it needs another 2GB of temporary space to decode.
- 6. Some files get denied due to adult content. Unfortunately, I haven't encountered them in a long time so I don't remember what to do. Try doing the same as in 3.
- 7. Some files are private and require you to join someone's box for access. First, you need to navigate to the box while logged in - the url is http://clubbox.co.kr/boxname. The name is usually included in the file URL on boxfile.co.kr - down.clubbox.co.kr/boxname/downloadcode. If the file is private you will see this message:
- Clicking on the button redirects you to the box. To join the box you need to click on this button in the upper right, then click the orange arrow in the popup:
- In case joining asks you for password you are shit out of luck unless you want to figure out how to send messages and bother some Korean fellow for access.
- 8. Files with .enc extension are usually password protected (.egg files IIRC just need to be renamed to .zip). The decryption software is here (IIRC needs to be ran with jp locale to work correctly): https://ed.softonic.jp/. The password is usually listed in the uploader's box under announcements - look for ENC. In case the password is not explicitly written you need to message the uploader.
- Enjoy your access to a vast library of Japanese files and hope you don't go insane waiting for them to download.
RAW Paste Data