PompfMompf Apr 20th, 2019 95 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- But as it continues, I'm wondering if there will ever be a point of respite. Or reflection. Or ANYTHING constructive.
- Here's my perspective on the matter.
- I'm currently in charge of the following:
- * Fundraising Software Support.
- * I run the entire helpdesk system. As in, business rules, change management, the works.
- * Sharepoint Administration.
- * Workflow and Formsbuilder Administration.
- * SISClient/SISuite administration.
- * Mobile App Development/Upkeep
- On TOP of this, I would consider myself "The FACE" of I.T.
- I communicate with all our co-workers in other departments to move things along when it comes to specific projects, on top of managing when meetings happen, emails, and the sort.
- The WORST part about Higher Education I.T. is the fact that you cannot say anything too "out of line". This is normal, but it gets worse as we're a college institution, so you have to calculate in the fact that whatever you do AFFECTS students.
- There's some other stuff with personal work relationships but none of them are strained, just annoying at points.
- I'm also struggling to see the value of higher education at this point as someone that's worked with a college system for a few years now. Nationwide Enrollment rates are down 34%.
- I consider the higher education system inefficient at this point as it is MUCH easier to hire workers, train them on site, or send them to a class. Generally, when this is done, people stay at their jobs longer because they grow an affinity towards a certain workplace.
RAW Paste Data